Fanime Artist Alley 08

Started by Evode, November 11, 2007, 09:51:11 PM

alcblueyes

Quote from: Tony on January 05, 2008, 08:49:29 PM
Quote from: alcblueyes on January 01, 2008, 06:38:34 PM
no no i got a real question for you then, do the proceedings earned at ones table get taxed at all?
Yep! But like any other business, it's up to you to report the income and pay the taxes. (That's why they ask you to estimate how much you'll make on the seller's permit application.) ... or risk the IRS getting all upset with you.

alright and what if i have no clue what kinda of money id make?
~*~The Earth Is The Insane Asylum Of The Universe.~*~

--

Temari owns.

Chloe

You just make it up, say $100 bucks. D:  That's what the lady told me.
Cosplays for '10?  WHO KNOWS!?!

gazerock.is.not.dead

:I so basically you have to be at least 16 to have a table right? or is it possible to sell under someone else's name or have parent consent.

Chloe

I guess to be on the safe side... Have the person you're sharing with at least 18.  Then, to make things hassle free, you can sell under that person's permit.  Of course, you'll have to pay taxes to the state depending on how much you make... Other than that, you would need a parental consent form (You can make it up; This is if you're 16 or below 18), signed by you, your parents, and your partner, and that's it.

That's basically what I am doing this year with my friend.

gazerock.is.not.dead

D| TAXES. MY GOD. my friend and i are both under 16 so i guess parental consent is our only choice...unless fanime wont let us get a table at all

Chloe

Yeah, I think to get the permit, you need to be 18 or older. :\

sunrise-oasis

wow i never thought there was actually a thread for the Artist alley since i was posting on the general discussion boards.

Well i screwed up my estimated tax. I put down $50 dollars. because i was not so sure if I can reach $100.
My concern is decorating the table,and how much electricity will cost!! So far I still think $250 is too much!! even if its the entire weekend!
(was hoping the price to be like around/slightly over $100).
Anyway, my big concern aside from electricity is the table layout..
was hoping to do something like this kind of table layout 

http://www.sunrise-oasis.net/NEW/Table-plans.jpg

I mean, last year I saw bleedman's Table have a wireframe display, but mines more of a spot light thing (JUST INCASE I CANNOT AFFORD electricity, i can always use a battery operated spot light)

What are the limits for Table decorations, (and no its not a giant tent (really don't like those ><) and it will be unfair to anyone).
***note, still waiting a response from artist alley management**

gazerock.is.not.dead

wow..pretty fancy set up youve got there...im not quite sure if you could do that cause the only place i saw something like that was in the dealers room...most of the artist alley tables are fairly simple

sunrise-oasis

not http://bleedman.deviantart.com/ Bleedman's table, hE uses the same format I used but its a wall format!!!!!!!!

he hang his table, and put his images there!!!!...I can get those at daiso but I want mines above me...

gazerock.is.not.dead

well ya a lot of people had a wall or something behind them. if you want them to hang above you im not quite sure. |D some people did hang pictures but they were like on a clothes line sorta or they had a small wire frame on the table. sorta like the yours only a lot smaller

sunrise-oasis

hmm but,..mines is just 20 inches from the tables top O_O!.....
and what do they use the clotheslines for O_O!?? they are'nt selling dressess i know that O_O! unless they are, then they are reallyt making buisness o_O!!!

Chloe

Anyone hear back from the Artist Alley staff about their table confirmation?  I didn't heard back from them... It's pissing me off since it's been a month since the Board meeting. D:<

Aya Brea X

Quote from: Chloe on February 02, 2008, 10:09:30 PM
Anyone hear back from the Artist Alley staff about their table confirmation?  I didn't heard back from them... It's pissing me off since it's been a month since the Board meeting. D:<

Not me.  Check still not yet cashed, and no updates on if I'm registered. 

ewu

We just got a new update. Please e-mail us again at artistalleyATfanimeDOTcom. We have had some internal issues that we have since now resolved. We apologize and thank you for your patience.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

sunrise-oasis

Okay im happy right now....
i got my table designs comfirmed!!!

BUT THE problem is that there are only 2 chairs so getting a third chair can be crowded.......and the tble is abit larger than my desk so I assume its like 5ft-6? guessing hre!!!.. Problem is fanime does'nt want stuff behind chairs bcause it can frustrate your neighbors space......
Im happy i get to do something with the table XD!!! now the only thing I should start do is getting the table, and getting the materials..so far I arleady have what i need with materials but its going tobe hard!!! XD......

I soo can't wait! although im kinda concern if people will like my artworks....

Aya Brea X

Quote from: ewu on February 03, 2008, 11:34:24 AM
We just got a new update. Please e-mail us again at artistalleyATfanimeDOTcom. We have had some internal issues that we have since now resolved. We apologize and thank you for your patience.

I don't so much have a technical quesiton, just wondering if my registration went into a black hole or something.  I e-mailed in a request for confirmation just now.  Thanks!

naruto_ramen_1

Awesome!

I just emailed you guys and can't wait to hear back :D
Dattebayo!

jAded

That's good to hear. I just resent another email rquest for confirmation since I mailed my stuff out in December.

sunrise-oasis

ph1shf00d

Woo!  Can't wait for my table at Fanime... It's gonna be my first "big" con, and I'm excited.  Slightly intimidated, but mostly excited. =D