What do I do if I bought something counterfeit?

Started by Chihiro, November 15, 2007, 08:14:52 PM

Chihiro

At Fanime 07, I bought a Hitsugaya Toshiro plushy (Bleach) from a dealer. It's a bootleg >.<
It has a "branpresto" tag on it's butt, and it's hair split in two after just a month. It got really dirty too (My dad and sister said the plushy couldn't be washed or it would rip x[)

Edit:
I just found out the other plushy I bought is also counterfeit. It was online on eBay too ._.
on my way to steal yo gurls
Fanimaid Cafe Department Second Head

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: sakuranoyuki on November 15, 2007, 08:14:52 PM
At Fanime 07, I bought a Hitsugaya Toshiro plushy (Bleach) from a dealer. It's a bootleg >.<
It has a "branpresto" tag on it's butt, and it's hair split in two after just a month. It got really dirty too (My dad and sister said the plushy couldn't be washed or it would rip x[)

Edit:
I just found out the other plushy I bought is also counterfeit. It was online on eBay too ._.

There's not much you can really do about it, really. You just have to sort of accept that you spent your money on a bootleg item and get over it. It sucks, though-- I bought a Saber PVC from Anime Jungle, and it was bootleg, too. Fortunately, the KoJika figure set wasn't. :D

You could warn other people about where you bought it from, though-- what dealer, store, whatever. When it comes to eBay, though, anyone that buys from there takes that risk... so, yeah. You can give them bad credit or something, otherwise... can't do anything about it now, anyway.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

M

Edit:
For items bought from a FanimeCon Dealers, you can either talk to the merchant (they might not know that they are selling bootlegs) or something from the FanimeCon Dealers' staff.

For Ebay items, http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/replica-counterfeit.html . If you bought it using PayPal, you can report it to PayPal and get your money back; if you bought it using a credit card, call the credit card company and explain what happened and you should be able to file a report.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

Nanashi

Sorta reminds me of when my friend bought the entire Hokuto no Ken series for $80...just to find out that it was a hong-kong dub.
Co-Captain/"The one who talks too much" of MANime!
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,17203.0.html

Chihiro

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on November 16, 2007, 04:59:09 AM

Edit:

There's not much you can really do about it, really. You just have to sort of accept that you spent your money on a bootleg item and get over it. It sucks, though-- I bought a Saber PVC from Anime Jungle, and it was bootleg, too. Fortunately, the KoJika figure set wasn't. :D

You could warn other people about where you bought it from, though-- what dealer, store, whatever. When it comes to eBay, though, anyone that buys from there takes that risk... so, yeah. You can give them bad credit or something, otherwise... can't do anything about it now, anyway.
I really want this Saber (PVC) figurine. It might be the same as the one you're talking about o.o
Is this counterfeit?
on my way to steal yo gurls
Fanimaid Cafe Department Second Head

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: sakuranoyuki on November 25, 2007, 02:26:53 PM
Quote from: Jun-Watarase on November 16, 2007, 04:59:09 AM

Edit:

I really want this Saber (PVC) figurine. It might be the same as the one you're talking about o.o
Is this counterfeit?

It's not the one I purchased, but as I've said before, I purchased mine from Anime Jungle, so you know where to avoid.

As for purchasing online on a third-party website, you normally can't tell whether or not they're counterfeit, since they would typically put up a photo of the original... but if it's a photo of their own merchandise, while being counterfeit, you should be able to tell the difference.

That's a really nice PVC, though. @__@ Hopefully you won't get ripped-off, but it most likely won't happen. Good luck.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Reikon

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on November 26, 2007, 04:42:28 AM
It's not the one I purchased, but as I've said before, I purchased mine from Anime Jungle, so you know where to avoid.

Odd, Anime Jungle always seemed pretty legit to me. I guess some stuff slips through.

I don't many figurines nowadays, but I usually buy them through HLJ, and they've always been legit for me.
2008-09 E-gaming staff

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Reikon on December 06, 2007, 12:48:25 AM
Quote from: Jun-Watarase on November 26, 2007, 04:42:28 AM

Odd, Anime Jungle always seemed pretty legit to me. I guess some stuff slips through.

I don't many figurines nowadays, but I usually buy them through HLJ, and they've always been legit for me.

Most of what I bought, except that one, was legit. I'm probably not going to stop purchasing from them, rather I'll keep in mind to only buy items I can trust purchasing there. 'Tis also a warning to examine my purchases more.

FanimaidCafe.com