2008 internet...

Started by zemric, November 18, 2007, 12:23:38 AM

zemric

i know there was internet in the west part of the hall for people but in the hotel rooms if there isnt wireless i plan on bringing a router an woundering if i could do that.
2007 attendee
2008 egaming
2009 stage zero
2010 pc gaming "head"

FinalShadows

I think the hotel charges for the internet >_<
Who should I call next? The Shrimp?

zemric

well ya im gonna pay it. it cant be more then 10 dollars. so ya
2007 attendee
2008 egaming
2009 stage zero
2010 pc gaming "head"

M

I think it was 9.99 for every 24 hours and there was a special for purchasing a 72 hours at a time (maybe a few dollars off).
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

zemric

ya im gonna bring a desktop and a laptop because i have to stay online and the thing is going to give me something to do in the morning and late night. dude your avitar, my old computer teacher did the voice for that.
2007 attendee
2008 egaming
2009 stage zero
2010 pc gaming "head"

M

Quote from: zemric on November 21, 2007, 09:28:34 PM
ya im gonna bring a desktop and a laptop because i have to stay online and the thing is going to give me something to do in the morning and late night. dude your avitar, my old computer teacher did the voice for that.

Which avatar?
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

zemric

2007 attendee
2008 egaming
2009 stage zero
2010 pc gaming "head"

kyochan

Quote from: zemric on November 18, 2007, 12:23:38 AM
i know there was internet in the west part of the hall for people but in the hotel rooms if there isnt wireless i plan on bringing a router an woundering if i could do that.

In case you're still wondering about doing this, I don't think it's possible. I've tried to do this back in Fanime03 and 04. The hotels provide internet access per "mac address", meaning specifically for the computer that the internet was purchased on. Now I'm not saying it's completely impossible. I'm just not computer proficient enough to figure out how to configure my router at the time. I kinda gave up then and now with the free wireless in the con center, I didn't need set up my wireless anymore =)
Mah dead branches will pwn joo! >=D<br /> - Kyochan

Moonblossom

There's also free wireless in the lobby of the Hilton, if you're not up for going to the lounge outside the hotel for whatever reason. I used it several times last year.

YoureMyHiro

One more thing, if youre not already aware, internet costs vary by hotel:

Hilton: $10/Day

Marriott: $13/Day

Crown Plaza: $10/Day

Fairmont: $14/Day

However thats a fairly ingenious idea with the wireless router but most already offer wifi capabilities.