Seiyuu Panel.

Started by KyraEnsui, November 18, 2007, 11:02:55 AM

KyraEnsui

;D I love seiyuus. Why not have a panel dedicated to seiyuus? Anyone up for it?

darkknightcecil

Sure
which seiyuu were you looking for../

pockystix

My two cents:

Maybe you could go over the seiyuu industry in general and how it has come to be. Voice acting is more prominent as an industry in Japan more so than in America, so maybe you can emphasize the importance of voice actors, maybe mentioning how often times they are over looked.

Then there's the discussion of what seiyuu do apart from just recording lines for anime/foriegn films, including radio, drama CDs, singing (anime-related to their own solo work) & idol work, and live performances/events. You can even throw in some examples of seiyuu that have done such things (fangirling/fanboying ensues).

I'd like to add in drama and issues, for the sake of not making the seiyuu industry looking like all smiles and rainbows. There's the problem of how underpaid seiyuu are and how much work has to be put in for a decent paycheck. However, compared to in America, where voice acting is usually a part-time job or only a small portion of an actor's career, a seiyuu can make a decent living by just being a seiyuu, and a good on at that.

The ARTSVISION incident is still one issue from the seiyuu industry that is prominent in my mind, where the president of the voice acting company was fired for asking an incoming talent for favors to have sex. It cause the website to go down for several weeks with an apology notice, and many prolific talents within the company switched out to different companies in fear of suspicion that they have done the deed before (e.g. Horie Yui). This did shed light on the dark side of the industy, but gave Ochiai Yurika a voice for her previous conflict with the president (where she rejected his offer, resulting in bad treatment from staff).

Now that my post has spiraling down into despair, I'll end it my suggestions here. ^___^;

Oh yeah, maybe you can see if some seiyuu guests of honor can stop by to talk about being a seiyuu and the industry in his experience, as well as from any other possible future guests that have not be announced at this time.
New sn = Meirin

Titania

*waves hand*

I plan on submitting a panel request (once the site's back up) for a seiyuu-related panel or two. I'm used to running a seiyuu panel for Yaoi-Con, but obviously I'd take a different focus for Fanime, as it's all ages, more of an intro to seiyuu for non-fans (and since I'm primarly familiar with the male seiyuu, probably focused on them). Doubtful that Kiuchi-san could come by, though, since he'll be pretty busy at the con. (I do hope a lot of folks come out for his panels!)

NSC

I would love it if they had a seiyuu panel. i would like to learn more about the processe of how they became seiyuu. one of my biggest dreams is to become a voice actor so i would like to know what is need to get started or what to do.  also, on friday (may 23) is my favorite Seiyuu's birthday, Kappei Yamaguchi. he is my hero!