WANTED: Rovers for Fanime08

Started by deonchan, November 24, 2007, 10:42:31 PM

crazychichi

Quote from: andrew on January 05, 2008, 04:06:23 PM
i sent an email to the rovers yesterday and i am waiting for an reply...

Just be patient, the heads will get to you asap...  :)  They're a busy bunch... but its a awesome team to work with...
Fanime Safety on Site 2008
Fanime Rovers 2007

Shi_Musouka

Quote from: darkknightcecil on January 04, 2008, 08:20:49 PM
how about junior rovers
will there be any positions for those this yeaR?

Update: Actually, jr. rovers(now safety) is supposedly full. It's mostly 18+ from here on out.

mistakim33

Applied ^_^ Hope to join up soon.

peachykeen

This is Krista, one of the Rovers from last year. I was on the mailing list until somewhere around January and I didn't hear a word about the Feb. meeting that I thought was happening. I've send email to the fanime safety address and never heard back.

Is there another step I can take to make sure I'm informed about the going-ons for prospective saftey staff?

deonchan

All the emails that we have received have had a reply sent to them. We are also sending out apps for folks to fill out and return. If you have sent an email to rovers or safety @ fanime in the past 3 weeks and have not gotten a reply, please PM me here and I will make sure you are taken care of.
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

peachykeen

Is Derek still in charge or should i change his status from Mighty Leader back to Cool Dude? I even sent email to him directly in January. Thank you for watching out for the cases like me where things get all fubar. I PMed you as well.

deonchan

Derek is still the H.M.I.C I'm just his 2nd this year. I'll shoot you a PM w/ the staff info goodies tonight ^_^

PS - I messaged you on OB
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

Lizchan33

Should I send another email to get the App. or Pm or wait?

deonchan

Quote from: Lizchan33 on February 27, 2008, 10:04:27 PM
Should I send another email to get the App. or Pm or wait?

App has been put in your PM box. ^_^
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

SSX

Not sure if my PM got through but may I get an application?

deonchan

Quote from: SSX on February 28, 2008, 05:20:21 PM
Not sure if my PM got through but may I get an application?

Done and done!
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

Shi_Musouka

Holy cow, someone from Rovers/Safety actually bothered to make an application? lol jk

Boy am I behind the times XDD...

kgHapa

Hm so I have to admit Im a total newb to the whole con scene, this year will be my first one, but I am considering working staff or volunteer just to get to see everything, including behind the scenes. I was considering being a rover and wanted to know what your guys input is, should I apply or maybe do a different department, or should I just go this year as a visitor just to get the feel before I volunteer/apply?

Kazuko

I would suggest since its your first time to just come as a visitor, then think about it for next year

Shi_Musouka

Quote from: Atlus on March 14, 2008, 10:36:36 AM
Hm so I have to admit Im a total newb to the whole con scene, this year will be my first one, but I am considering working staff or volunteer just to get to see everything, including behind the scenes. I was considering being a rover and wanted to know what your guys input is, should I apply or maybe do a different department, or should I just go this year as a visitor just to get the feel before I volunteer/apply?

One of the Staff requirements is that you do a minimum of 24 hours throughout the con. That doesn't leave you enough time to enjoy a lot of the con that you would want to when you're on staff. You see a lot more aspects in con life as an attendee that you normally wouldn't see while on staff. But that's from me out of my own experience.

Rovers/Safety-On-Site can be lenient on the rule sometimes since it's mostly centered towards appropriate coverage in all at-con situations and the department has a high demand for staff(not always leaving room for everyone to complete an equally full 24 hours). There's also the SOS Hierarchy to consider since only a select number of Safety staff are authorized to pull badges and have more access to certain areas of the con. Those people with the power may be needed more than others for that reason. IMO, I think that's why the 24 hour minimum rule was established.

Steve.Young

Honestly, you see a lot of the con life that you don't see as an attendee as a Rover. I attended for several years before roverdom. Or SOSdom now? Meh!

Can't really explain what it is, you just gotta try it. And work 72 hours (almost consecutively) straight like me =D (I crashed Monday). It's really that fun.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Shi_Musouka

lol, I was probably speaking from my own experience while staffing for Stamp Rally and not so much on Safety.

Nonetheless, con life perspectives vary from person-to-person regardless of badge status :3.

Lizchan33

I'm happy to say I'm offically on staff. One thing though, Is the only meet time for the meetings 6pm? That's a bit late for me since I'll have to take the bus to BART and BART to Dublin then drive home.

Oh and PS I'm a Girl so my worries are legit.

deonchan

Quote from: Lizchan33 on March 21, 2008, 12:42:15 AM
I'm happy to say I'm offically on staff. One thing though, Is the only meet time for the meetings 6pm? That's a bit late for me since I'll have to take the bus to BART and BART to Dublin then drive home.

Oh and PS I'm a Girl so my worries are legit.

The meeting times are set. It'll only be on those days listed in the email @ 6pm. Alot of folks from the east bay (Concord, WC, P Hill, etc) carpool down to the south bay for the meetings. That might be a solution for you. You'll get to the meetings and get to know the folks you'll be working with!

It's win-win ^_^
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

peachykeen