Neko Ears and Tails

Started by Squeeky_Moonkin, November 25, 2007, 09:29:10 AM

Squeeky_Moonkin

Hi, My name is Kimi.  I still debating on the idea of a table, though now that the friends coming up with me have mentioned a few outings outside of fanime, I am leaning more towards not doing a table. None the less I am open for commisions come mid January, once I have my apt all in order and my craft room too. (Moving soon to a new apt) So if you have question, ask me here. You can also PM  here and or contact me on aim if you want a speedy response.

*PS most of all the tail shots have my hubby modeling them off =^-^=*

Tails
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b214/lilrabwolf/Blackwhitetailcopy.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b214/lilrabwolf/Tails_Assorted/Tailauction01.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b214/lilrabwolf/Tails_Assorted/sale004.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b214/lilrabwolf/Tails_Assorted/GroupBlack01.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b214/lilrabwolf/Tails_Assorted/creamtail.jpg

Ears
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b214/lilrabwolf/blackset.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b214/lilrabwolf/GreyNekoears.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b214/lilrabwolf/Nekocomish.jpg

AcidKitten

They're very cute :3. I suggest maybe start commissioning them if you haven't already and maybe share an artist alley table at cons or something. I'm sure you'll do fine on sales. You can probably try looking up local furry cons o.O; What's your price range on your stuff?

Gatsby

They are quite cute. I'd definitely buy a pair of ears and a tail if I saw them at a con depending on price range. I think you'll do fine if you sold them. I bought a pair while I was at Tales of Anime '07 even though I had a costume, and the ones I bought were no where near as nice as these.

punk_parfait

OOOH~! Your tails are BIG, I would pick one up if you had something besides black (which you do make), maybe a pair of ears too if some were available. What do you usually charge?

~~Loktera~~

I like that black tail... I wouldn't mind ordering one from you... Just what are your typical prices?
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

ip136

First off... I love your craftsmanship. It is nice to see nice, full cat-tails.. how to they attach to the body? Is it just a safety pin, or something heavier?

Also...If you are considering joining the Artist Alley for Fanime, I suggest you try to do something more than just cat tails and ears. Though they are lovely and would easily compete with anyone in the Dealer's room... I recall a lot of people who had cat ears and tails for sale last year. Maybe if you sold it as a mix/match set?
Or oh! Thought Idea! (srsly. Only thing I'm good at doing. X_x;) Cat ears, tails and matching mitten glove things? ooooou~ And ankle things! Hah! ^^; Eh heh.. anywho.

I do LOVE this stuff, and I hope you join Artist Alley, or at least share a table with someone to get your feet wet if you are a little unsure. I love seeing more crafters in there to join the ranks of print artists. <3
Clicky my Art Pwease?

Squeeky_Moonkin

Quote from: AcidKitten on November 26, 2007, 05:08:44 PM
They're very cute :3. I suggest maybe start commissioning them if you haven't already and maybe share an artist alley table at cons or something. I'm sure you'll do fine on sales. You can probably try looking up local furry cons o.O; What's your price range on your stuff?

I wanted to do an artist table but the whole CA sellers permit sounds like too much of a hassle. As far as furry cons, I'm scared to attend one of those.
Price ranges are as follows:

Tail single color $25...........Tail with a design or just a different color tip at the bottom $30-35
Ears Single color $15............Two colors as in a different color tip on the ear 20.00

Though normally when I am at a con I do a con rate rather than my usual rates, also if a group of people buy in a bundle i give discounts.

Squeeky_Moonkin

Quote from: punk_parfait on December 03, 2007, 02:06:10 PM
OOOH~! Your tails are BIG, I would pick one up if you had something besides black (which you do make), maybe a pair of ears too if some were available. What do you usually charge?
Since a few of you an here were asking I made a comment to the first poster on my thread about price which can be found below most of he other posts. I do a lot of different fur colors. I have grey, red, blues, whites, frost greys, purple with frost grey tips, pinks....also I can always share photos of the fur I have in stock.

Squeeky_Moonkin

Quote from: ~~Loktera~~ on December 05, 2007, 12:51:59 PM
I like that black tail... I wouldn't mind ordering one from you... Just what are your typical prices?

lol I really should of read my thread/post sooner. I didn't expect people to actual comment back. I made a post above this one with my price ranges. PM if you do want something made. I have been known to deliver some of my crafts to buyers at cons to save them shipping. If I go this year for sure (need to afford air-fare first) I'd probably be willing to do that again to anyone interested. not that shipping would be much to anyone who resides in Cali, since I am in Utah.

Squeeky_Moonkin

Quote from: ip136 on December 06, 2007, 02:39:16 PM
First off... I love your craftsmanship. It is nice to see nice, full cat-tails.. how to they attach to the body? Is it just a safety pin, or something heavier?

Also...If you are considering joining the Artist Alley for Fanime, I suggest you try to do something more than just cat tails and ears. Though they are lovely and would easily compete with anyone in the Dealer's room... I recall a lot of people who had cat ears and tails for sale last year. Maybe if you sold it as a mix/match set?
Or oh! Thought Idea! (srsly. Only thing I'm good at doing. X_x;) Cat ears, tails and matching mitten glove things? ooooou~ And ankle things! Hah! ^^; Eh heh.. anywho.

I do LOVE this stuff, and I hope you join Artist Alley, or at least share a table with someone to get your feet wet if you are a little unsure. I love seeing more crafters in there to join the ranks of print artists. <3

I was seriously thinking of doing a table in artist ally. The plan was to share it with a fried of mine who makes dolls that resemble anime characters and have voice boxes in them or my other friend who makes kick ass wings. But the whole  ordeal of the permit for selling in cali sounds like a huge ordeal to my friends and and I. If someone who has had to do this in the past would share their experiences on haw it was for them obtaining one and what not, I may reconsider.

Mittens would be fun. I haven't perfected my paws yet, thats why I don't sell them yet. As far as tail attachment. I sew in a belt loop, so the tail can be worn by belt or safety pin, or tying a ribbon on to the individuals pat loops if wearing jeans and such. I also just bought some clip on swivel hooks.

Gatsby

Hmmm... That might be a bit much for a tail, but I haven't looked at enough to really know. Still beautiful quality so who knows.

PS: For future reference keep everything in one post.

ip136

Quote from: Squeeky_Moonkin on December 09, 2007, 11:45:39 AM
I was seriously thinking of doing a table in artist ally. The plan was to share it with a fried of mine who makes dolls that resemble anime characters and have voice boxes in them or my other friend who makes kick ass wings. But the whole  ordeal of the permit for selling in cali sounds like a huge ordeal to my friends and and I. If someone who has had to do this in the past would share their experiences on haw it was for them obtaining one and what not, I may reconsider.

Joining forces with others who are doing crafts is an AWESOME idea (I wish I could find someone to compliment my stuff at Artist Alley X_x;).
Honestly, the permit isn't that hard to obtain. CA's BOE is here: http://www.boe.ca.gov/
It should give a breakdown of what you have to do out of state. Honestly, I live in CA so it was really easy for me to get mine.. just had to go to the office and got it in about an hour of waiting because seriously - they WANT you to have these. They WANT you to be selling stuff here.
And if you get confused, most of the people you contact via phone are EXTREMELY helpful. Even if you have a question on filling out the permit itself - which can be a bunch of mumbo-jumbo. Really, it just seems intimidating.  And as long as you apply for it early, you will be set. :) Because you can choose the date that your permit goes into effect if you are only going to do a 30-day one.... But seller's permits are also free, so they normally encourage that you apply for a permanent one. The worst that could happen is you don't use it for over a year and it becomes invalid. *nods*
Only silly thing, is that you do pay taxes on what you sold, so you either adjust your prices accordingly or take a hit. Personally, for me, it is keeping decent records for my permit at a convention. Especially when there are waves of people suddenly buying.

But coooooome. Jooooooooin AA. :x Doooooo eeeeeet. Plus, I want to see your friends anime characters with voice boxes. o.o That sounds majorly awesome.
Clicky my Art Pwease?

Nyu_x

Thats exactly the style of kitty ears I like, but could never find ;-;
Please open up an AA table T~T

Squeeky_Moonkin

Punkbuster

Quote from: ip136 on December 10, 2007, 10:24:03 AM
Quote from: Squeeky_Moonkin on December 09, 2007, 11:45:39 AM

Joining forces with others who are doing crafts is an AWESOME idea (I wish I could find someone to compliment my stuff at Artist Alley X_x;).
Honestly, the permit isn't that hard to obtain. CA's BOE is here: http://www.boe.ca.gov/
It should give a breakdown of what you have to do out of state. Honestly, I live in CA so it was really easy for me to get mine.. just had to go to the office and got it in about an hour of waiting because seriously - they WANT you to have these. They WANT you to be selling stuff here.
And if you get confused, most of the people you contact via phone are EXTREMELY helpful. Even if you have a question on filling out the permit itself - which can be a bunch of mumbo-jumbo. Really, it just seems intimidating.  And as long as you apply for it early, you will be set. :) Because you can choose the date that your permit goes into effect if you are only going to do a 30-day one.... But seller's permits are also free, so they normally encourage that you apply for a permanent one. The worst that could happen is you don't use it for over a year and it becomes invalid. *nods*
Only silly thing, is that you do pay taxes on what you sold, so you either adjust your prices accordingly or take a hit. Personally, for me, it is keeping decent records for my permit at a convention. Especially when there are waves of people suddenly buying.

But coooooome. Jooooooooin AA. :x Doooooo eeeeeet. Plus, I want to see your friends anime characters with voice boxes. o.o That sounds majorly awesome.
Woah. When it's in english, it makes sense! I skimmed the application, and my brain stopped working. @_o I honestly don't understand that legal kind of stuff (I'm the wing craft friend btw). I'm hesitant since I don't know what the supply/demand market is. =\
And now for something a bit more on topic:
So, pic of fur colours, right? Awesome idea imo lol.

Squeeky_Moonkin

[/quote]
Woah. When it's in english, it makes sense! I skimmed the application, and my brain stopped working. @_o I honestly don't understand that legal kind of stuff (I'm the wing craft friend btw). I'm hesitant since I don't know what the supply/demand market is. =\
And now for something a bit more on topic:
So, pic of fur colours, right? Awesome idea imo lol.
[/quote]

Pics of fur colors are always a pain to take, because texture of the fur is hard to photograph. Normally I bring a fur sample sheet with me or if someone is ordering online form me if asked I am always willing to mail samples.

Squeeky_Moonkin

I am now open for commissions, if anyone is interested.

emo_avenger

hai! i talked to you on aim....well...im going to pm you also just incase.
Fanime '08 cosplay.....

sasuke - non time skip ~gathering on sun-12:00pm~ all sunday
Ritsuka - Loveless ~gathering on sat 2:00pm~ all saturday
shinigami - bleach ~cant make the gathering~ all friday

Squeeky_Moonkin

I'll start collecting images for fur/color reference once I am moved into my new place and start sewing the first week in Feb most likely. I'll send progress photos too once I start.

Siatsu

((*Waves at Kimi and Debster!!!* :D ))

Greetings and salutations~! Kimi, dear, you really need to do an artist table if our group isn't going to be too busy with the conventions. (Which I can see because it will the first time for all four of us at Fanime.) But your ears and tails sold wonderfully at Anime Bonzai and that was a tiny convention.