No-Name Anime showing on Sat Dec 8

Started by EdOfNoName, November 30, 2007, 10:40:04 PM

EdOfNoName

This month, on Saturday December 8, join us at the Santa Clara City Library (CA) for an afternoon of anime. By an amazing coincidence, our meeting happens to fall on Bodhi Day this year. Bodhi Day is a Buddhist holiday that commemorates reaching Enlightenment, and we are adding a few episodes of Mini-Goddess to the schedule, including one about Buddha.

Also, to celebrate the season, the Santa Clara City Library has graciously allowed us to have cake in the viewing room. Please remember to bring your frequent viewer cards to the raffle. This is the last meeting of the year, which means that it is finally time to put the cards to use!

All times are approximate, so try to be early!

12:30 Le Chevalier D'Eon #7*
12:55 Ghost in the Shell: 2nd Gig #12*
13:25 The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya #8? #7? #6!*
13:50 Fate/Stay Night #7*
14:15 The Adventures of Mini-Goddess #20
14:25 Abunai! Break time!
15:30 Zero no Tsukaima #9*
15:55 Human Crossing #4
16:20 The Adventures of Mini-Goddess #21
16:30 Rozen Maiden #11
16:55 Strawberry Marshmallow #2*

(* = not appropriate for all audiences, but if Fanime BBS doesn't weird you out, it's probably OK.)

More info: http://www.nnanime.com & http://www.nnanime.com/flyers/2007/sch07_12.html

Teh Ramen Sage

Yay! I can't wait! I really got into Zero no Tsukaima and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya because of No-Name Anime! Wait what are the frequent veiwer cards? and what are they for again? I haven't got one of those whatever they are because it'll be my second time going. Oh man Zero no Tsukaima episode 9 is gonna be so hilarious, Louise has drank the love potion lol!

EdOfNoName

Quote from: Teh Ramen Sage on December 01, 2007, 10:35:41 PM
Wait what are the frequent veiwer cards? and what are they for again?
"Frequent viewer cards" are what gets stamped at the meeting called "stamping" where we encourage everyone to get out of their chair, line up, and get a stamp on a card. Stamping often happens near the end of the showing because we forget to do it earlier.  During the Break at the December meeting we have some little "thank you" for everyone who joins us, but there's some favoritism for people with many stamps. Once you see what happens during break this year, you'll be set to be an avid stamp collector in 2008. I won't make any promises about what will happen at Break this year, but here are some pictures from last year's Break: http://www.nnanime.com/events/NNanniversary13/index.html .

~~Loktera~~

It all really depends how well the lies are told...

VictimX

I'm there, free cake how could people not come?

ced1106

I'll bring Apples to Apples and some cake-friendly party games.  ;)

I think I'll bring some manga for trade, if anyone's up for swapping prizes.

Cedric.
aka. Washu! ^O^
Los Altos Gamesday, Monthly, Saturdays, 10am-11pm
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/gamesday/

Available Sundays for Fantasy Flight Games tabletop gaming in the Santa Clara area.

JohnnyAR

Quote from: EdOfNoName on December 02, 2007, 11:52:02 AM
Quote from: Teh Ramen Sage on December 01, 2007, 10:35:41 PM
Wait what are the frequent veiwer cards? and what are they for again?
"Frequent viewer cards" are what gets stamped at the meeting called "stamping" where we encourage everyone to get out of their chair, line up, and get a stamp on a card. Stamping often happens near the end of the showing because we forget to do it earlier.  During the Break at the December meeting we have some little "thank you" for everyone who joins us, but there's some favoritism for people with many stamps. Once you see what happens during break this year, you'll be set to be an avid stamp collector in 2008. I won't make any promises about what will happen at Break this year, but here are some pictures from last year's Break: http://www.nnanime.com/events/NNanniversary13/index.html .

so will those who don't have a card will get one this saturday?

Amelia Seyruun

I dunno if I can make it.

It's the day before the one-day only Sac-Anime. 

I might be heading up to Sacramento to crash at my friend's place since we'll be celebrating her birthday early 'cause it's technically on Monday.  I'm still unclear on the details.   Yay for sweet sixteen.

VictimX, could you take me to the train station? >D 
"Indeed! I am Seyruun's second princess Amelia! I left on a journey, driven on by my boiling blood of justice, to eliminate evil!"

EdOfNoName

Quote from: JohnnyAR on December 03, 2007, 02:47:48 PM
So will those who don't have a card will get one this saturday?
People without cards will still get to participate in everything and will be treated the same whether they have a card with no stamps from previous months or don't have a card.  If we still have more of the old blank cards that we started giving out eleven months ago and remember, maybe we'll give them out.  In 2008, everyone will start with a new card.

The big deal thing is those people who did invest effort in bringing their card month-after-month, getting out of their chair, lining up and getting stamps throughout the year need to remember to bring them. 

ININ

Unfortunately, I show up later than usual because I'm driving a friend and his Dad to the Oakland Airport.

ced1106, glad to hear you're coming.  I bring a few games, too :)

JohnnyAR

I was teh guy who got the power rangers headphones XD

JohnnyAR

Apples to Apples was fun. We should make an anime version