best hotel?

Started by zemric, December 01, 2007, 03:12:06 PM

which hotel do you think is the best to stay at?

marriot
hilton
saint claire
fairmont

zemric

im just wondering which is the best
2007 attendee
2008 egaming
2009 stage zero
2010 pc gaming "head"

BrightHeart76

I've never stayed at the other hotels.  But I found the staff at the Hilton to be WONDERFUL.  The room was great, comfortable, everything was easy access.  The only problem is the elevators...it can take a LONG time to get into an elevator.  But, I think that problem is pretty much the same at the other hotels. 

In any case I'd recomend either the Hilton or the Marriot.  It's really nice to be connected to the convention center.
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

FinalShadows

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on December 01, 2007, 05:44:03 PM
I've never stayed at the other hotels.  But I found the staff at the Hilton to be WONDERFUL.  The room was great, comfortable, everything was easy access.  The only problem is the elevators...it can take a LONG time to get into an elevator.  But, I think that problem is pretty much the same at the other hotels. 

In any case I'd recomend either the Hilton or the Marriot.  It's really nice to be connected to the convention center.

Yeah, I stayed at the Marriot last year. Really nice place, but same problems as the Hilton, elevator problems. Any hotel around the convention is fine, but I would agree with BrightHeart that the Hilton and the Marriot is the best place to stay.

That being said, you should check to see which hotels fanime gives discounts for. The Hilton and Marriot I know for sure gets the fanime discount, but not sure about the others. That's all I know so far. =)
Who should I call next? The Shrimp?

Moonblossom

I stayed at the Hilton last year and really enjoyed it. The pool is kind of small, if you like swimming between congoing, but the bed was amazingly comfortable, the room was clean and roomy, and the service was great.

Another thing to keep in mind is the Hilton is a smoking hotel, and the Marriott is smoke-free. So if you smoke, or conversely are very sensitive to the smell, those can be a big factor in deciding.

Shinsengumi

I usually stay at the Hilton, I stayed at the Marriott for one night on day 0 this past fanime. To me the rooms in the Marriott look alittle small compare to the Hilton, plus there was alot people where I was staying at day 0. I haven't tried the ohter Hotels so I don't know how they are. But you want to be connected to covention center get either the Hilton or the Marriott, what ever fits you.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

phoenixphire24

My friends and I have always stayed at the Sainte Claire. It's not attached to the convention center, but it's right across the street. We enjoy staying there because it's not as crowded as the Hilton and Marriott. The only time we had a problem with noise, the staff dealt with it and even gave us a free night. The rooms are amazing, plus there's a fridge in every room and free internet.

Mearibesu

do any of the hotels have balconies? 

Gatsby

Does anyone remember how the prices compare between the Marriot and the Hilton?

phoenixphire24

Quote from: Darth_Diclonius on December 02, 2007, 02:27:39 PM

As far as I remember, all the rooms that you get through Fanime are the same price unless you want a suite. Hopefully, the hotel reservations should be up soon.

Gatsby

I see. Many thanks for the reply. ^_^ I'll definitely be getting my room as soon as possible.

KyraEnsui

I've stayed both the Hilton and Marriot every other Fanime years and I would say Hilton is good. The staff are really nice especially when I had issue with a room. They were able to fix the problem. I think one year there was no water running. Both hotels do have commom problems which is the elevator being crowded, but I was crazy enough in my boots to walk up the stairs. Thank goodness our room is only the 3rd floor. The room is specious in the Hilton so I'm staying there again.

LadyKaren

Quote from: phoenixphire24 on December 02, 2007, 02:57:06 PM

As far as I remember, all the rooms that you get through Fanime are the same price unless you want a suite. Hopefully, the hotel reservations should be up soon.

If only that were true. This year, alas, it's not.

ip136

Quote from: LadyKaren on December 02, 2007, 11:50:48 PM

*bugbugbug* Sooo.. pricing for the hotels is almost worked out? Ees on site later this month, yes?

And I would totally recommend the Hilton.
I have generally had nothing buy trouble at the Marriot when trying to book two rooms together.
The Hilton was accommodating when the Fani-Housing hadn't linked my two rooms together... the dude spent an hour moving rooms around so we could have adjoint rooms. It has fridges already in the room and you can request microwaves to boot (and get one if your lucky~)
Clicky my Art Pwease?

Glitch

Actually hilton varied with single rooms. it was 79 a night for a single bed and 89 for twin beds.

phoenixphire24

Sad times. Hope the prices won't be too different. We love staying at the Sainte Claire.

Gatsby

So it seems that the Hilto is the best choice. I'll make a note of that.

LadyKaren

Quote from: ip136 on December 03, 2007, 10:23:10 AM

*bugbugbug* Sooo.. pricing for the hotels is almost worked out? Ees on site later this month, yes?

And I would totally recommend the Hilton.
I have generally had nothing buy trouble at the Marriot when trying to book two rooms together.
The Hilton was accommodating when the Fani-Housing hadn't linked my two rooms together... the dude spent an hour moving rooms around so we could have adjoint rooms. It has fridges already in the room and you can request microwaves to boot (and get one if your lucky~)

Let's just say they flip a switch, I put a link and the hotel page is up. ~.^

ip136

BWAHAHAHA... I has rooms now. Yay! XP

Switch flipping is the bomb, Karen. <3
Clicky my Art Pwease?

phoenixphire24

Woo. Sainte Claire rooms! BTW, the chart with all the hotel info=awesome.  ;D

KyraEnsui

Wow. It's up. XDD~! Time to reserve the Hilton. I love the switch, Karen.