Hotel Reservation System is Online! (with 2008 rates!)

Started by LadyKaren, December 05, 2007, 11:15:50 PM

BrightHeart76

Is there any chance that more room will open in the future?  My sister got her room for Friday, Saturday and Sunday at the Hilton (YAY!  ;D ).  But she wants to arrive on Thursday and check out on Tuesday morning.  She won't stay anywhere but the Hilton.  She's willing to pay the higher rate the Hilton would charge for Thursday and Monday night, but how does she go about making that reservation in conjunction with her fanime housing reservation?  Or should she just wait to see if room opens for those two days? 

Sorry to be a pest.  Thank you in advance for any help or information you can offer.
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Barnes

I reserved my room just yesterday. Thanks mom! :)

Question: Whats going on about the Crowne Plaza? I don't see it in the booking page.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

LadyKaren

Quote from: Barnes on December 09, 2007, 11:26:07 PM

Question: Whats going on about the Crowne Plaza? I don't see it in the booking page.

We didn't sign contracts this year with the Crowne Plaza. Instead, we increased the room booking blocks at the other hotels we had to make up for it.

LadyKaren

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on December 09, 2007, 05:41:00 PM
Is there any chance that more room will open in the future?  My sister got her room for Friday, Saturday and Sunday at the Hilton (YAY!  ;D ).  But she wants to arrive on Thursday and check out on Tuesday morning.  She won't stay anywhere but the Hilton.  She's willing to pay the higher rate the Hilton would charge for Thursday and Monday night, but how does she go about making that reservation in conjunction with her fanime housing reservation?  Or should she just wait to see if room opens for those two days? 

Sorry to be a pest.  Thank you in advance for any help or information you can offer.

Email our rep @ [email protected]
She can answer all your questions and more.
Think of her as the wizard of oz... minus the munchkins.

PassingTheBuck

Quote from: Fructose on December 06, 2007, 09:17:21 PM
Quote from: Reikon on December 06, 2007, 03:29:51 PM
The Hilton says it's only available from May 23-25 for double bed rooms, but the system allows booking until the 26th...

I think it means that it's only available through the night of the 25th, thusly you would leave/check-out on the 26th.

Actually the rate is good from 5/21 to 5/27.

Craige...
Craige Howlett
Finance Director
FanimeCon/Clockwork
2003-2016

PassingTheBuck

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on December 09, 2007, 05:41:00 PM

There are sh*t load of rooms available at all the hotels, you should have a problem booking a room or a series of rooms.

Call CMR and revise your reservation or you can do it on-line through the FanimeCon Hotel reservation system.  Just use your reservation code and add the additional dates that you are looking for.

The rates for her room are good from 5/21 to 5/27. 

Does that help?

Craige...
Craige Howlett
Finance Director
FanimeCon/Clockwork
2003-2016

PassingTheBuck

Quote from: LadyKaren on December 10, 2007, 05:25:23 PM
Quote from: Barnes on December 09, 2007, 11:26:07 PM

We didn't sign contracts this year with the Crowne Plaza. Instead, we increased the room booking blocks at the other hotels we had to make up for it.

Actually we are still talking to the Crowne and hopefully they will realize they need to work with us and get us a contract soon, like by the end of the month.  We are attempting to book the entire hotel room block that they have, but they would like to hold out a larger slice to sell it after the block closes and can charge a higher rate to those getting their rooms later in the year.

Craige...
Craige Howlett
Finance Director
FanimeCon/Clockwork
2003-2016

BunofGovt

Quick question:  what is the advantage of going through Fanime for the reservations, besides the rate?  The first year I stayed, I used my Marriott membership points for reservations and managed to get one of the rooms free, which balanced out the price on the other rooms. 

I think at AX a year or so back that you had to have a room reserved through their reservation system in order to be able to pick up tickets for the events, but if you had reserved the rooms on your own, you were limited in to what tickets you could get.  Does Fanime have a restriction like that, or some benefit to using the reservation system?
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

PassingTheBuck

Quote from: BunofGovt on December 11, 2007, 03:30:40 PM
Quick question:  what is the advantage of going through Fanime for the reservations, besides the rate?  The first year I stayed, I used my Marriott membership points for reservations and managed to get one of the rooms free, which balanced out the price on the other rooms. 

I think at AX a year or so back that you had to have a room reserved through their reservation system in order to be able to pick up tickets for the events, but if you had reserved the rooms on your own, you were limited in to what tickets you could get.  Does Fanime have a restriction like that, or some benefit to using the reservation system?

Excellcent question...

You can't book a hotel room directly with the hotels, they should refuse you and redirect you to the CMR call center, if not the FanimeCon web site.  If we catch the hotel's taking reservations, we get to hit them up along side the head with our CLUE-BY-FOUR. 

Does that help?

Craige...
Craige Howlett
Finance Director
FanimeCon/Clockwork
2003-2016

pockystix

Has anyone ever stayed at The Sainte Claire? It seems like the cheapest price for 2 bedded rooms and I want to know if the few dollars less is worth the walking distance/slight inconvenience.
New sn = Meirin

Tur713

Quote from: pockystix on December 13, 2007, 12:12:55 AM
Has anyone ever stayed at The Sainte Claire? It seems like the cheapest price for 2 bedded rooms and I want to know if the few dollars less is worth the walking distance/slight inconvenience.
I used it last year. It's just across the street. It'll take you just a little more time to get there, but I found no problem with it. It's not like it's going to be raining or anything because it's summer. It truly is only a slight inconvenience.
Founder - Fanime Dating Dojo

FanFicGuru

I just want to know as soon as the fairmont suites go up.

Those rooms are NICE...and the price is nice too. ^_^
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

phoenixphire24

I stayed at the Sainte Claire for the last 3 years and will do so again this year. Yes, you have to walk across the street, but it's no big deal. The hotel is lovely, plus there's free internet and a fridge!

Mordyan

When I tried to reserve at the Marriot for thursday through tuesday, it said no rooms were available. So I signed up for thursday through monday. I then tried to go in an edit my reservation like Passing the Buck suggested, and it indeed showed tuesday available, but I got an error on the page when I hit next:

Microsoft VBScript runtime  error '800a01f4'

Variable is undefined: 'GPALIAS'

C:\INETPUB\WWWROOT\FANI_9A\..\core/includes/no_inventory_v04.asp, line 31

I am emailing housing with the issue as well.

lyricaldanichan

Quote from: phoenixphire24 on December 14, 2007, 09:24:10 AM

I stayed at the Sainte Claire for the last 3 years and will do so again this year. Yes, you have to walk across the street, but it's no big deal. The hotel is lovely, plus there's free internet and a fridge!

Do you know or anybody else who is staying there if there is in/out access for parking? I am hoping yes.. :O

phoenixphire24

Quote from: lyricaldanichan on December 18, 2007, 11:29:34 PM

Do you know or anybody else who is staying there if there is in/out access for parking? I am hoping yes.. :O

Yes! It's just a set price per day (which I believe is cheaper for Fanime people). You just call down or ask for your car at the front desk, and they bring it right to the front door.

PassingTheBuck

Quote from: Mordyan on December 18, 2007, 10:46:37 PM
When I tried to reserve at the Marriot for thursday through tuesday, it said no rooms were available. So I signed up for thursday through monday. I then tried to go in an edit my reservation like Passing the Buck suggested, and it indeed showed tuesday available, but I got an error on the page when I hit next:

Microsoft VBScript runtime  error '800a01f4'

Variable is undefined: 'GPALIAS'

C:\INETPUB\WWWROOT\FANI_9A\..\core/includes/no_inventory_v04.asp, line 31

I am emailing housing with the issue as well.

I emailed off this information to CMR as well.

Craige...
Craige Howlett
Finance Director
FanimeCon/Clockwork
2003-2016

Mordyan

Jacy at housing has already taken care of me and hooked me up with what I wanted. Thanks again!

lyricaldanichan

Quote from: phoenixphire24 on December 19, 2007, 08:25:25 AM

Yes! It's just a set price per day (which I believe is cheaper for Fanime people). You just call down or ask for your car at the front desk, and they bring it right to the front door.

Hmm not bad, but kinda sucks that you can't take it out whenever like the Hilton. Hopefully they don't run into the problem that the Hilton had this year where they ran out of parking spots and the guests
had to park in valet.. :(

phoenixphire24

Quote from: lyricaldanichan on December 20, 2007, 11:42:34 PM
Quote from: phoenixphire24 on December 19, 2007, 08:25:25 AM

Hmm not bad, but kinda sucks that you can't take it out whenever like the Hilton. Hopefully they don't run into the problem that the Hilton had this year where they ran out of parking spots and the guests
had to park in valet.. :(

You can take it in/out whenever you want; it's just all done valet, so you have to go through the front desk. It's not that long of a wait.