LAST UPDATE: Hotel Rooms, what is available as of May 15, 2008

Started by PassingTheBuck, December 11, 2007, 01:25:00 PM

Moonblossom

Thanks so much for checking into this!

The girl I spoke to was named Jessie, I believe. My confirmation and waitlist info was entered under the username "jkaufer" on the CMR housing page when I log in to check the reservation status. I spoke to her on Thursday, around 1PM eastern, so 10AM pacific. Yay for having timestamps on my cellphone ;)

She was incredibly helpful and spent a lot of time working with me to see if we could find a solution, I'm quite sure it is just a misunderstanding or technical issue of some sort, so please don't think I'm complaining about service or anything. She even called me back at one point because I said I'd rather speak with her since we'd been talking back and forth to sort things out. I'm guessing their info on the computer had not been updating in realtime or something, I don't know.

PassingTheBuck

Quote from: Moonblossom on January 05, 2008, 04:11:08 PM
Thanks so much for checking into this!

The girl I spoke to was named Jessie, I believe. My confirmation and waitlist info was entered under the username "jkaufer" on the CMR housing page when I log in to check the reservation status. I spoke to her on Thursday, around 1PM eastern, so 10AM pacific. Yay for having timestamps on my cellphone ;)

She was incredibly helpful and spent a lot of time working with me to see if we could find a solution, I'm quite sure it is just a misunderstanding or technical issue of some sort, so please don't think I'm complaining about service or anything. She even called me back at one point because I said I'd rather speak with her since we'd been talking back and forth to sort things out. I'm guessing their info on the computer had not been updating in realtime or something, I don't know.

Hi Moonblossom, I did some checking and the Hilton is redoing their rooms in the coming months and the hotel is discussing whether they want to even keep the smoking rooms at all.  There has been no final decision made and I'm awaiting their reply via CMR as to what is happening.  I just thought I would pass along that information, so you are not blind sided, if it does happen.

Craige...
Craige Howlett
Finance Director
FanimeCon/Clockwork
2003-2016

Moonblossom

Thank you, Craige. I really appreciate the heads-up. I guess I'll start looking for off-site hotels that still allow smoking, if there are any. ><''

PassingTheBuck

Quote from: Moonblossom on January 07, 2008, 10:22:27 AM
Thank you, Craige. I really appreciate the heads-up. I guess I'll start looking for off-site hotels that still allow smoking, if there are any. ><''

Don't start looking just yet, we haven't heard from the Hilton yet and if does come to that, I'll put in contact with someone inside the CVB that will point you in the right direction for a close by hotel, well, reasonable close, that permits smoking.  Okay?

Craige...
Craige Howlett
Finance Director
FanimeCon/Clockwork
2003-2016

Moonblossom

Thank you, you're too kind.

I wasn't going to jump the gun and book something right away, but I did want to get a start on finding some alternatives, just in case.

The worst part of this whole mess is that I'm still not even sure I'll be able to get time off work so all this plotting may be for naught. In which case I'm going to feel absolutely awful that you're being so helpful ~.~;;

Evelle

Im a little confused. I have reservations at the hilton for the 22 - 26th. On Dec 31st this thread said there were 10 rooms left for monday night. I called to add that day to my res and was told no rooms were available. Now its updated and it still says 10 rooms left. Whos right? And if there are rooms left how can I add that night to my res since both calling and online modification wont give me the option.

koella

What does "contracted room" mean? Does that mean that those rooms are specifically reserved by Fanime for fanime attendees?  Does that mean that there are more available rooms that haven't been contracted with fanime?

PassingTheBuck

Quote from: Evelle on January 07, 2008, 11:21:23 PM
Im a little confused. I have reservations at the hilton for the 22 - 26th. On Dec 31st this thread said there were 10 rooms left for monday night. I called to add that day to my res and was told no rooms were available. Now its updated and it still says 10 rooms left. Whos right? And if there are rooms left how can I add that night to my res since both calling and online modification wont give me the option.

That does seemt to be a problem with CMR's database, the call center agents are seeing one thing and the reports that I'm looking at show another.  I have a conference call with CMR on Thursday to discuss this issue with them, I'll let you know afterwards the results.

Craige...
Craige Howlett
Finance Director
FanimeCon/Clockwork
2003-2016

PassingTheBuck

Quote from: koella on January 08, 2008, 07:17:54 PM
What does "contracted room" mean? Does that mean that those rooms are specifically reserved by Fanime for fanime attendees?  Does that mean that there are more available rooms that haven't been contracted with fanime?

Your first definition is correct.

It is the number of rooms that we have contracted to sell to our attendees.

We normally request from the hotels all available rooms that they can offer us, however, all hotels have a certain amount of rooms that they have to hold in reserve for flight crews, executive members and others. 

Does that help?

Craige...
Craige Howlett
Finance Director
FanimeCon/Clockwork
2003-2016

Evelle

Quote from: PassingTheBuck on January 09, 2008, 07:30:10 AM
Quote from: Evelle on January 07, 2008, 11:21:23 PM

That does seemt to be a problem with CMR's database, the call center agents are seeing one thing and the reports that I'm looking at show another.  I have a conference call with CMR on Thursday to discuss this issue with them, I'll let you know afterwards the results.

Craige...

Thank you. I appreciate that.

Moonblossom

Craige, just to keep you up to date since you're being so kind and helpful, I've been moved from a two-bed in the Marriott to a two-bed in the Hilton, and according to the woman at the front desk at the Hilton, even if they do start updating the rooms, there's no way they'll all be non-smoking by May, so everything should be fine :) I'm still on the waitlist for a one-bed, which would be my ideal due to a slightly constrained budget, but if I can't get it, I've still got my hotel of choice so all is well :D

edit: eee! Just got my notification that I got a one-bedded room, very strong request for smoking only, at the Hilton! Thanks to everyone who put up with my whining ~.~;;

koella

Quote from: PassingTheBuck on January 09, 2008, 07:33:52 AM
Quote from: koella on January 08, 2008, 07:17:54 PM

Your first definition is correct.

It is the number of rooms that we have contracted to sell to our attendees.

We normally request from the hotels all available rooms that they can offer us, however, all hotels have a certain amount of rooms that they have to hold in reserve for flight crews, executive members and others. 

Does that help?

Craige...

Yeah it does. Thanks a lot.

Ju.ko.chan

Hi, I'm Ju.ko.chan or Jewlz! I'm here to know about hotel rental and tickets.

I want to know if there are discounts for renting a hotel.  The reason is that my club is trying to raise money for hotel rental and tickets. I'm having problems with that and also the people who are responsible for the Fanime convention(one person has been to one before). So, I need to know more about hotel rental and if there are any discounts on hotel rental.

Thank you!

Moonblossom

Juko, the prices listed are very discounted from the normal hotel prices. The room I'm getting, for example, a one-bedded room at the Hilton, if you book through the Fanime housing page, costs $79 a night. The same room on the Hilton website is at least $189 a night.

If you need to book a lot of rooms though, I'd suggest calling the housing comission directly, they might be able to work out a package deal or something for you. They're super friendly and helpful, and do the best they can to save you money :)

KyraEnsui

Quote from: Ju.ko.chan on January 13, 2008, 08:02:27 AM
Hi, I'm Ju.ko.chan or Jewlz! I'm here to know about hotel rental and tickets.

I want to know if there are discounts for renting a hotel.  The reason is that my club is trying to raise money for hotel rental and tickets. I'm having problems with that and also the people who are responsible for the Fanime convention(one person has been to one before). So, I need to know more about hotel rental and if there are any discounts on hotel rental.

Thank you!

Most of the information are on the website or like the previous poster said, call the housing committee about it. It's best to do it as soon as possible since the rooms are filling up quick.

heeroyuy135

I just heard that the Hilton is full for Fanime, so I immediately put down my reservation for the Marriot

Shinsengumi

Same here, me and my sister got the Marriot cause of the Hilton was full, we just got our room 3 days ago.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

PassingTheBuck

Quote from: HeeroYuy135 on January 17, 2008, 09:49:24 PM
I just heard that the Hilton is full for Fanime, so I immediately put down my reservation for the Marriot

I'm checking the live time reports and I show that the Hilton has the following rooms available...

Wednesday - 13
Thursday - 18
Friday - 34
Saturday - 42
Sunday - 35
Monday - 18

What I can't see on this report is if those are single bedded rooms or double bedded rooms.   :P

Craige... 
Craige Howlett
Finance Director
FanimeCon/Clockwork
2003-2016

FanFicGuru

Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

heeroyuy135

Does anyone know the status of the construction that the Crowne Plaza is doing?

I remember last year that there was some construction going on in the lobby floor, and I was wondering for the sake of others if that construction is already done or is slated to finish before Fanime '08