LAST UPDATE: Hotel Rooms, what is available as of May 15, 2008

Started by PassingTheBuck, December 11, 2007, 01:25:00 PM

Dragon Ninja

I already reserved my room a month ago. I'll be staying at the Marriot Hotel.

Fanime 2013:
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto Shippuden)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
The 9th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Downloads & Fansubs are evil. Support the Anime industry. Buy DVDs NOW

PassingTheBuck

Quote from: HeeroYuy135 on January 22, 2008, 11:28:30 PM
Does anyone know the status of the construction that the Crowne Plaza is doing?

I remember last year that there was some construction going on in the lobby floor, and I was wondering for the sake of others if that construction is already done or is slated to finish before Fanime '08

The construction will be done prior to FanimeCon and the rooms are looking very nice.

Craige...
Craige Howlett
Finance Director
FanimeCon/Clockwork
2003-2016

phoenixphire24

Sorry to be picky, but according to the hotel list, there are only 24 rooms left at the Sainte Claire. But, if you look at the break down, it says there are 117 room nights left. Which is the accurate number, or am I reading it wrong somehow?

heeroyuy135

Let me crack at it.

For those 24 rooms that are left, they share 117 room nights.

HavicMichaelchris

ESTIMATED ROOM+TAX TOTAL:     $280.68

who wants to share a room with me XD
Cosplays: L, Kyo, Pip, Ed, Luxord, And more listed elsewhere.

phoenixphire24

Quote from: HeeroYuy135 on January 30, 2008, 03:42:11 PM
Let me crack at it.

For those 24 rooms that are left, they share 117 room nights.

That's what I thought too, but the other numbers seem to match up ok. I think the numbers just got flipped and there are only 24 rooms left and 117 are sold.

PassingTheBuck

Quote from: phoenixphire24 on January 30, 2008, 03:12:30 PM
Sorry to be picky, but according to the hotel list, there are only 24 rooms left at the Sainte Claire. But, if you look at the break down, it says there are 117 room nights left. Which is the accurate number, or am I reading it wrong somehow?

Okay, my screw up, too numbers that I have to set into place and these two got switched... my bad..  :o  sorry...

Craige...
Craige Howlett
Finance Director
FanimeCon/Clockwork
2003-2016

phoenixphire24

Quote from: PassingTheBuck on January 31, 2008, 01:53:36 PM
Quote from: phoenixphire24 on January 30, 2008, 03:12:30 PM

Okay, my screw up, too numbers that I have to set into place and these two got switched... my bad..  :o  sorry...

Craige...

Hahaha, no big deal. I was just staring at the screen for a while (really bored at work) trying to make the numbers add up and it wasn't working.  :D

gynophobia

Hm, question~

I reserved a room a couple days ago for Saturday and Sunday. It's included in there, right?

Moonblossom

The numbers posted may not be entirely up to date, depending on when you made your reservation. But if you got a confirmation email from CMR and a confirmation number, you definitely have a booking.

gynophobia

koella

I have a question about this statement

"They are not offering up any additional rooms to FanimeCon, so once they are gone, there is nothing left."

Does this mean Fanimecon took up all the available rooms at the mariott hotel and there would be no more available rooms for people who aren't booking rooms for the purpose of attending Fanime?  or does that just mean that Fanime wouldn't be able to ask for more rooms if the contracted rooms got sold out?

heeroyuy135

PassingTheBuck

Quote from: koella on February 03, 2008, 08:18:52 PM
I have a question about this statement

"They are not offering up any additional rooms to FanimeCon, so once they are gone, there is nothing left."

Does this mean Fanimecon took up all the available rooms at the mariott hotel and there would be no more available rooms for people who aren't booking rooms for the purpose of attending Fanime?  or does that just mean that Fanime wouldn't be able to ask for more rooms if the contracted rooms got sold out?

The hotels have a specific number of rooms that they can offer us, because they need to hold a certain of rooms for Flight Crews, Executive Members and others, we can only take a what they offer us and at this point they have nothing more to offer us, unless they get corporate permission to release additional rooms.

Craige...
Craige Howlett
Finance Director
FanimeCon/Clockwork
2003-2016

koella

Does that mean Fanime took all the rooms that aren't reserved for special use?
Because I'm planning to stay at mariott for Fanime weekend but not through the Fanime registration/prices and I was wondering if there would be any rooms left for the public that isn't registering through Fanime.

PassingTheBuck

Quote from: koella on February 04, 2008, 01:47:05 PM
Does that mean Fanime took all the rooms that aren't reserved for special use?
Because I'm planning to stay at mariott for Fanime weekend but not through the Fanime registration/prices and I was wondering if there would be any rooms left for the public that isn't registering through Fanime.

For the record, you will probably not find an open room for Friday - Saturday - Sunday nights at the Marriott if you are outside of the FanimeCon rooming block, especially on Saturday night, the hotel only has 400 rooms and we're taking 375 of those, and what's left is contracted to various other parties, like airlines and high executive members of Marriott.

Craige...

Craige Howlett
Finance Director
FanimeCon/Clockwork
2003-2016

Shinsengumi

My sister change hotels and now I'm staying at the Hilton.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

IamTetsuo

D:  Uh oh.  OK I'm going to be keeping an eye on this like a hawk now.  Hopefully someone will cancel at the Marriot for Sunday soon.

I don't want to have to stay at the Fairmont. :(

SarKastiQ1773

Im a noob on reserving hotels but since the San Jose Crowne plaza charges 99.00. Does that mean they will be charging 99 a night for 3 people or what
Your a ass
Your Friends a ass
Now leave me alone

-Hiaku-

Moonblossom

The prices listed are per room, per night, yes. So if you were staying two nights, it would be 198 (plus taxes), split between three people, so just over 66 per person.