an opinion needed if you have nothing better to do.

Started by bunnycorpse, December 14, 2007, 11:08:15 PM

bunnycorpse

so i'm contemplating selling some prints and buttons of some charectors i've created.
I think I need a bit more practice, but my freinds and faimly keep urging me to sell.
I was some unbiased opinions so her's some stuff.

PRINTS-

otakuapprentice

i like the first print the most.

if you made the bunny in the last drawing into a plushie(minus the crazy teeth), it would be a good sell piece.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

bunnycorpse

Quote from: otakuapprentice on December 14, 2007, 11:13:04 PM

if you made the bunny in the last drawing into a plushie(minus the crazy teeth), it would be a good sell piece.
ya, i just gotta fix her skirt; and she's kinda sideways. I was thinking of creating a few more poses of her.

Maybe a plushie; i can sew fairly well, just not very fast and i'd probaly make it small and cheap.

otakuapprentice

Quote from: bunnycorpse on December 14, 2007, 11:22:13 PM

ya, i just gotta fix her skirt; and she's kinda sideways. I was thinking of creating a few more poses of her.

Maybe a plushie; i can sew fairly well, just not very fast and I'd probably make it small and cheap.
just have the teeth gone and i will definitely buy one(if you can make two, I'll buy both).
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

bunnycorpse

Quote from: otakuapprentice on December 14, 2007, 11:24:22 PM
Quote from: bunnycorpse on December 14, 2007, 11:22:13 PM

Maybe a plushie; i can sew fairly well, just not very fast and I'd probably make it small and cheap.
just have the teeth gone and i will definitely buy one(if you can make two, I'll buy both).
:D
you have no idea how happy that makes me.

BunofGovt

I'd buy one if you made it with the teeth (me likes that  ;D).
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

XpHoBiaX

I love the bunny very much!! You should do somemore psycho animal ones. They would sell splendidly. You are very gifted, and I think you will have no problem selling buttons. I'd sell prints too, if I were you.

mDuo13

The bunny would indeed make a pretty awesome plushy.

As for the first piece, it has some merits, but the general composition feels a little too unpolished to be a print. The pose is not natural - her weight is not balanced so she should be falling over, and cutting off the tip of the hat and the feet and legs below the thighs is an awkward position - it makes it seem like you started drawing the piece without planning it out ahead of time, and then ran out of room to draw the feet. The texture of the blood-splatters in the background are definitely its best merit - it looks really spot-on there. But you probably want to spend a bit more time planning out your poses in stick figures or something before you fill in the details.

You might see if there are any "how to draw" books at the library you like. It seems like your skill is at the point where you could really get something useful out of those books. They'll definitely tell you stuff about how to get various poses just right.

Sunara Ishi

It has to have the teeth, floppy ears and crazy eyes as in the 3rd and 4th pics. Who needs ordinary bunnies?
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

bunnycorpse

Quote from: mDuo13 on December 28, 2007, 01:11:36 PM
The bunny would indeed make a pretty awesome plushy.

As for the first piece, it has some merits, but the general composition feels a little too unpolished to be a print. The pose is not natural - her weight is not balanced so she should be falling over, and cutting off the tip of the hat and the feet and legs below the thighs is an awkward position - it makes it seem like you started drawing the piece without planning it out ahead of time, and then ran out of room to draw the feet. The texture of the blood-splatters in the background are definitely its best merit - it looks really spot-on there. But you probably want to spend a bit more time planning out your poses in stick figures or something before you fill in the details.

You might see if there are any "how to draw" books at the library you like. It seems like your skill is at the point where you could really get something useful out of those books. They'll definitely tell you stuff about how to get various poses just right.
ya, she is very off balance and i've never planned a drawing in my life, i just pencil to paper and go. But i'll try looking through sopme of the book people keep buying me. XD
+ i cheated on the blood, it's watered down acrlylic that splattered very cautiously.

bunnycorpse

right bso after looking at my budget, my sewing speed and my creation process; i'm just to freaking slow to make enough prodeuct for fanime.  So i'm not having a booth.
good bye!