Is there a way to make this request?

Started by Mango Bunny, January 02, 2008, 06:09:20 PM

Mango Bunny

Who assigns the actual rooms? Fanime staff, or the hotel? I know we reserve rooms to rent out to us congoers, but who decides placement? I ask because I was wondering if there was any way to request room placement. My roomie doesn't take well to the elevator tango and uses the stairs, taking me with him. Problem? My horrible asthma. I nearly died each time. ;_;
Running up to the 20-somethingth floor = no fun. This happened the year prior and I just wanted to know if I have options.

Tony

I believe the hotel assigns the room at check-in, but I would ask everyone along the process (the reservation people, then the check-in people).
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

BunofGovt

Certainly, ask when you make your reservation.  I have a membership with the hotel chains and I have specified in my membership that I need a room above the first floor.  You can see if you can get a room no higher than a certain floor.  I did that in 2006, asked for something no higher than the 7th floor because I know I can make that without passing out on the stairs.  The year before, the elevator service was so bad that my nephew and his friend took the stairs most of the time and we were on the 22nd floor!  So I've learned to ask ask ask for a lower floor.  Ask nicely, though.  If they can accommodate you, they will.

I repeated my request at check-in and got a room on the 4th floor in 2006, so I didn't have to wait for the elevator at all most times. :D
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.