Love Letter

Started by JohnnyAR, January 02, 2008, 09:27:25 PM

JohnnyAR

Ummmm I was just wondering: How do you write a good love letter? Da question just popped in my mind while reading....

XpHoBiaX

I thought I would let you know that my love for you is burning very brightly this afternoon.  My heart longs for you.  My heart longs to leap at the sound of your voice.  My heart longs to be filled with joy by your smile.  My heart longs for my love, respect and adoration to flow to you as I gently kiss your hands.  My heart longs to be warmed when I hold you in my arms.  My heart longs to feel the passion as I caress your face, stare into your beautiful eyes and tenderly kiss you.  My heart longs to see our love for one another grow as we sit on the couch and we share from the heart.  My heart longs to express my love for you as I rub your leg while we talk.  My heart longs to be calmed and comforted as I lovingly kiss and caress your bare arms.  My heart longs for me to cup your face in my hands and draw you in for a tender, loving and passionate kiss.  My heart longs to feel the sensual passion and desire as we feed each other grapes.  My heart longs to express its desire as I tenderly and lovingly touch your lower back.  My heart longs for me to feel the love and desire of your gentle touch.  My heart longs to experience the sensual passion between us.  My heart longs to feel the love and joy of us cuddling and snuggling close.  I adore you my love.

With all the love of my tender heart

Brought to you by
http://www.romanceforeveryone.com/love-letters/my-heart.html

KawaiiAngel

XD i think she pretty much covered it!

but if you're thinking about writing one...always say what YOU feel and think as a creative, artistic, sensitive man soul, it's more special that way!

Jerry

Why does it have to be a letter?

Why not a poem?

or is that too 'old school' of me?

Here's my example:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Question: "What would you like to find on Valentines day?"

Here at home, I guess it's just another day...

Actually thinking of you, and always that I pray...

Probably I shouldn't worry, probably I shouldn't fret

Picture good times ahead and how we first met.

I'll be patient with you through thick and thin,

Not that I would want you to commit a sin.

Even if I lose it all, in my heart, I still can win.

Sometimes when it's stormy and the rain falls,

Sit next to you I will, and stare at the wall...

A moment I remember, being so awkwardly shy,

Could she actually like me? *breathe out a sigh*

Count my lucky stars, wishing to be your guy.

If I held my breath, you'd think I'm high...

Don't push me away, you know I'd come back,

Even if my courage fell, I would stay on track.

Now that you're away, I miss you all the time,

Tell myself, "stop worrying, she'll be just fine."

All these memories of joy fill my soul & mind,

Like always, I'll look forward to what's to be,

Lucky that you know a dorky guy like me?

You know how I feel; it's called less than three. <3

Answer: " Happiness Accidentally  "

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
What I used to do if you notice, I was ask a question. and the answer would be spelled by using the first letter of each line reading down.

Yeh, I'm I hopeless romantice like that  :P

And despite these random poetic talent (is it even considered a talen anymore?)

I'm single and totally lame like that!  :D
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

JohnnyAR

Quote from: Jerry on January 03, 2008, 08:09:35 AM
What I used to do if you notice, I was ask a question. and the answer would be spelled by using the first letter of each line reading down.

You wrote that poem?!   :o

Quote from: Jerry on January 03, 2008, 08:09:35 AM
Yeh, I'm I hopeless romantice like that  :P

Me too buddy, me too.....

I was planning to sneak a love letter into her locker but there's one problem: The lockers of today don't have those little vents where you can easily slip a note or something. I haven't tried it but I think its possible to slip in the top crack of the locker, but then again it probably won't work. It's starting become difficult for me to do stuff like this without anyone getting suspicous. Slip a note and a teacher sees you they might think you're sending a threat note when you are doing the opposite.

Sunara Ishi

Quote from: KawaiiAngel on January 03, 2008, 01:11:16 AM
but if you're thinking about writing one...always say what YOU feel and think as a creative, artistic, sensitive man soul, it's more special that way!
Indeed. Also be: descriptive with good, flowing sentences and flattering words.
You can use thesauruses and dictionaries to find alternate words and make sure the word you chose mean what you think they mean. It'd be rather embarrassing to have what you thought was a flattering word turn into the opposite.
Here's the link the online webster: http://www.m-w.com/
It doesn't need to rhyme. Just use flattering, romantic words. And use the same verb tense throughout. Unless you are careful, changes in verb tense can ruin the mood of the letter.

Unless you are really good and pull off long letters, keep it short and crisp. Make it long enough to make your point across and don't carry it too far. It can become repetitious if it becomes too long.

Do not be: creepy. And do not keep sending letters. Once should be enough.

There are many styles a love letter can take. Jerry's poem (with rhymes), xphobiax's styles, and also the classic romantic gentleman (the old fashioned pimp with a skill for words). XD

I kinda think along the latter. >.~

But there's also the straight forward, honest approach. Where you flat out tell your feelings in either the way you'd normally write or talk.

I think the approach you chose should fit whoever you are sending the letter to; what you think they'd like.

Quote from: JohnnyAR on January 03, 2008, 04:11:53 PM
I was planning to sneak a love letter into her locker but there's one problem: The lockers of today don't have those little vents where you can easily slip a note or something. I haven't tried it but I think its possible to slip in the top crack of the locker, but then again it probably won't work. It's starting become difficult for me to do stuff like this without anyone getting suspicous. Slip a note and a teacher sees you they might think you're sending a threat note when you are doing the opposite.
Do they still have the little gap at the top and bottom? The one where the door opens. If so, you could try slipping it through the bottom gap or the non-hinge side.

I think I had the ones with the vents. X.x;

How close are you to her? If you are close, you can try slipping it into her bag when she's not looking. If not, locker may be best. (unless you are sly [and skilled] and can slip it into her bag in the halls)

Also, if you aren't that close to her, it may be a good idea to get to know her a little bit better. Unless she's the type a girl that would date a stranger, she might turn you down simply for the fact she doesn't know you. It is a good idea to find out a bit about her and at least talk with her a little so she knows who you are and what your name is.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

JohnnyAR

Quote from: Sunara Ishi on January 03, 2008, 05:14:20 PM
Quote from: JohnnyAR on January 03, 2008, 04:11:53 PM
Do they still have the little gap at the top and bottom? The one where the door opens. If so, you could try slipping it through the bottom gap or the non-hinge side.

I think I had the ones with the vents. X.x;

They don't make them like used to anymore *sighs* the times sure have changed.

Tony

If this is a secret-admirer type thing, I would... actually, I wouldn't do it at all. Better to come out and say it, I feel! Otherwise, just take it easy, make it from you, and be honest. If she's just not that into you, you'll just come off really creepy otherwise.

Like this piece of spam I got. This Juliana from Ukraine seems to be really into me, even wants to get married. Creepy. If the exact same text had come from my fiancée, though, it would be sweet.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

~~Loktera~~

Quote from: Tony on January 04, 2008, 09:36:51 AM
If this is a secret-admirer type thing, I would... actually, I wouldn't do it at all. Better to come out and say it, I feel! Otherwise, just take it easy, make it from you, and be honest. If she's just not that into you, you'll just come off really creepy otherwise.

Like this piece of spam I got. This Juliana from Ukraine seems to be really into me, even wants to get married. Creepy. If the exact same text had come from my fiancée, though, it would be sweet.

Requesting a (Ctrl+c) + (Ctrl+v)

Many thanks.
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

mDuo13

Quote from: ~~Loktera~~ on January 04, 2008, 07:11:52 PM

Many thanks.
Dream seconded.

Makou

To be honest, I'm interested as well, though I suppose the best way to go about this is to spend an evening writing it and saying it to yourself. If the words on the page have both a reflective quality (as in, they say something about your thought and who you are) and a orator-like sound, then you're on your way, I'd think.

Simply said, write down the words as if you would say it. If the person to whom you're writing doesn't know you, then please, by all means, do not woo her. Don't woo. My advice is to just present yourself as you are and sincerely. Hitting on a girl through a letter is perhaps one of the creepiest things you can do. Once again, don't be Petrarch if you can't write poetry. Just be you.

If you, uh, need more advice, feel free to post here. I'll try my best, but I'm no expert at love.

Tony

Quote from: ~~Loktera~~ on January 04, 2008, 07:11:52 PM

Many thanks.

Hey, why not.

QuoteI want to have my own family, a husband and kids.  And to live in a cozy house, with a little yard where kids could play, and a little garden where we cold plant roses.  I dream to cook dinner for my family and enjoy watching how everyone likes the meals.
I dream of taking our kids to school and picking them up when after classes end.  I dream that our family could go to the entertainment park and enjoy the rides and snacks.

I dream of camping together and making barbeques on Saturdays.  I dream of a loving, friendly and sociable family, and I indeed hope that my future husband could be You, my dear.
Please don't hesitate and make me wait any longer to become happy and to make you happy, answer to me at _____________ and start building your happy future with me:)
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

XpHoBiaX

I gotted a sweet hand written letter in an xmas gifty package. (From my admirer in Sweden) I keep the letter in the back of the photo frame that was sent in the package. :) It was simple, and far from romantic...but It makes me smile a lot. And his handwriting is so much beter than mine. ;>.>

zoupzuop2

I'll toss this li'l excerpt of something I'd say out there because I'll not have a use for it any time soon:

QuoteIf, for every star in the universe, I could say something about how beautiful, smart, loving, wonderful, or amazing you are, I would very quickly run out of stars.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

edendreams

I think it's very brave just to decide to confess feelings towards someone. I've written a few love letter and i  got some positive responses too. my suggestion is simple. Say what you like about the person and why you think you're worth their time. It's not to much the actual words as much as it's the feelings behind it. I'm an in the moment type writer and i speak from my heart so If i think someone is amazing I will say just that and then elaborate on why i feel so strongly.

The best love letter you could write is simply saying why that person has even brought these feelings to your heart ^-^

a little art by me ^-^

DemonLordZabuza

Ah love letters.  I remember the days when I use to write them.  I will hide under my blanket late at night with a flash light writting my thoughts, feelings, oh so corny.  Mother always asked why there was so much paper in my waste basket.  Suggestions: Well not anything that hasnt been said.  When I use to write them I would just throw out what came to mind.
-your eyes are like (blank)
-Your ruby red lips are like rose pedals, soft and beautiful...wow I havent had a lot of practices in this for a while *back to the drawing board...wait back to go buy one so I can jot down ideas*

But just stuff like that I did.  Presenting them in person is always a good thing, but dont wait for her to read it.  Deliver, say something and walk away.

Now a days, I dont do the love letter thing.  I prefer actions over words.  But thats me

"Even a demon can learn to love."
-Me

Jun-Watarase

For me, and I'm sure... plenty of other girls, as sweet as a love-letter can prove to be, filling it with cheesy cliches and corny poetry could drive a person away. Instead of writing something that has already been raped by a pen thousands of times before... write something from you personally to whomever you're writing it to. Things like... how he/she makes you feel, things that only he/she can make you think about, things about him/her that draw you towards them, why you chose him/her over the millions of people you might see in the span of your lifetime so far... without seeming creepy or extremely stalker-ish. It doesn't even have to be completely original-- you can include lyrics of similar songs you both might like, or doodles of things you want to offer to her (though, drawing your piece isn't advised) something that's completely from you to her. It doesn't have to be major-- overdoing it would just be overwhelming, or if you did things well... endearing and thoughtful.

Love letters don't always have to be in the form of a piece of paper with writing on it, either. You could go to the beach and find a nice big weathered down rock and write on that. You can grab a pretty journal to give her and write on random pages and leave a couple of pressed flowers between them. You can hand her a 800GB harddrive with a 1kb .txt file within it, complete with a USB bow or something.

What makes a good love letter is to be able to express your emotion toward a person and have them well portrayed so that the reader would understand, acknowledge, and possibly share the same type of feeling upon reading it.

Oh, and one more thing. My favorite type of love letter that I've ever received... was a puzzle. It was written with a cypher and cut in pieces (the main one being a heart), and the cypher wasn't given, rather-- I had to figure it out. It took a while, because it was pretty personal, but I was too young at the time and didn't end up with the person for other reasons. We ended up just being good friends.

The most complicated love letter I've ever given someone else was also like a puzzle, where you find one clue someplace and it leads to another. It was to ask someone to a dance. He ended up not finding everything, though, and I had to spoil the clues after a while. Not the best idea if your person doesn't like physical activity, though.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Kazuko

jun pretty much covered it

Love letters/poems/songs/whatever are to be from YOUR heart not something that was said over and over like for example my love for you has the hot intensity of a thousand suns or something hallmark related

=) keep it simple, sweet and from you not something copypasta from the internet

Gatsby

OMG Jun I never thought about the 800gig harddrive idea! Romance for the pathetic technical savvy of our species!

LadyKaren

Honestly, going against what most people are saying, (cept for Tony). Don't write the typical "love letters". Speaking from someone who has gotten them, they're rather uncomfortable. Just say how you feel like, I really enjoy the time I spend with you or, I'm happy just when we talk. Avoid flowery sentences, like "Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth: for thy love is better than wine." or anything else in the Song of Solomon. Unless she knows she actually likes that or you actually talk like that, then stay away from it.

It's better just to tell her how you feel than giving her compliments.

Unless your writing a love letter to your girlfriend... Then compliment her on everything. AND I MEAN EVERYTHING.

:)