Payment?

Started by xx_remix, January 04, 2008, 11:19:01 PM

xx_remix

Okay, I remember posting last year about wanting to go to fanime, alas i wasn't old enough and not able to go.

This year, I was wondering if you could pay with a debit card ( hotel ).
I just got it not too long ago, and it has the MasterCard sign on it, so my mom told me "You should be able to charge credit, if stores have you sign for stuff". I have been able to sign.

The thing is, i'm only 17, and will still be 17 when fanime comes around.
Do you know if hotels allow rental of rooms to 17 year olds?
X:

Plus, are the prices really that cheap for 4 days ( the dates for fanime on the hotel part were for 4 days at around $110 ).
Because if they are that cheap, that's freaking amazing. T:

Also, one tidbit.
Do the hotels have microwaves that you can use for free?
Ya know, so I can bring my own pre-cooked food.

Gwydion

You can pay for a room with a debit card, as long as it has a Visa or MasterCard symbol on it. I paid for last year's room with my Check Card as neither of us actually have credit cards. I think they do hold a $150 deposit though until the bill goes through, and then you get it back. The guy at Sainte Claire said something like that to me last year...I didn't care too much as I made sure there was far more than I'd ever need in my account at the time, just in case.

As for the 17 year old thing...I don't know. This was the first year I actually paid for the room. ^^ Somehow I remember something about having to be 18 to check yourself in...but I could just be crazy too.

FanFicGuru

I know that there has to be one person over the age of 18 there upon check-in. Mainly so they aren't checking in a bunch of minors without an adult whom they could pin the blame on allowing such a thing to happen, should the parents get pissed at the hotel afterwards.

Basically, if you have a friend over 18 or one of your parents come along it shouldn't be a problem. They don't have to stay with you, they just have to be there on check-in.

May want to double check with Craige though.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

xx_remix

What if you parents were to call the hotel to check you in.
I don't want my parents to stay with me at Fanime, or drive me there. That would be a waste of their time, and I know they have other obligations..
Me and my friend actually plan to take either the train or the bus to fanime since we live about 2.5 hours away.

FanFicGuru

Quote from: xx_remix on January 06, 2008, 07:58:14 PM
What if you parents were to call the hotel to check you in.
I don't want my parents to stay with me at Fanime, or drive me there. That would be a waste of their time, and I know they have other obligations..
Me and my friend actually plan to take either the train or the bus to fanime since we live about 2.5 hours away.

Hmm, having your parents call would probably be a hassle for them too. You can call the hotel directly and ask what their policy is on check-in directly. They may only require a person over the age of 18 to be present at check-in, but I don't know for sure.

Again, ask Craige, or contact the hotel directly. Those are your two best bets.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

phoenixphire24

Quote from: xx_remix on January 04, 2008, 11:19:01 PM
Okay, I remember posting last year about wanting to go to fanime, alas i wasn't old enough and not able to go.

The thing is, i'm only 17, and will still be 17 when fanime comes around.
Do you know if hotels allow rental of rooms to 17 year olds?
X:

Plus, are the prices really that cheap for 4 days ( the dates for fanime on the hotel part were for 4 days at around $110 ).
Because if they are that cheap, that's freaking amazing. T:

Also, one tidbit.
Do the hotels have microwaves that you can use for free?
Ya know, so I can bring my own pre-cooked food.

That's $110 a night, not for the whole 4 days. So your total will be about $400 including all the hotel taxes.

I'd call the hotel directly and ask about their age policy and about the microwave. I don't think the rooms themselves had them, but there might be one somewhere in the hotel or available upon request.