staff question

Started by andrew, January 05, 2008, 03:59:34 PM

when does the registration open?

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

andrew

when does the staff registration start? it said it will be online at jan 1st but it blocks me saying i'm not supposed to be here!
if i did something wrong please tell me how to register please. and if you know when it will open please tell me

darkknightcecil

relax
The dude hasnt even updated
the staff pag yet
WAit till after the staff mtg
tomororw to see if its up

andrew

thanks a lot. i guess i was a bit overreating.

zemric

dude the staff meeting isnt until next sunday the 13th at 3
2007 attendee
2008 egaming
2009 stage zero
2010 pc gaming "head"

andrew

actually they changed the schedule to today at 3:00pm. it was on the home page

andrew

omg... the staff application site disappeared....wth is going on? ???

zemric

dang it your kidding me. oh well il just catch the next one.
2007 attendee
2008 egaming
2009 stage zero
2010 pc gaming "head"

LadyKaren

The staff site has been up in the air for a few months now. IT, not Web, has been doing it, and Tony just resigned from IT so it's going a bit slow. Scott, the department head, says that it will be up in three weeks.

My advice would be to email the department your interested in and give them a hey.

darkknightcecil

ewu

its complicated. Just know that it is coming and peeps are working hard to get it up.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Sen

Claudia

Chair Radio '15
Fan Services Division メンバーサービス共同本部長
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13
   Assistant Director '08-'09
Registration Staff '05-'07

ayaminamino

Just a quick question, since there's a little confusion. Does people who work at an event like "Maid Cafe" or "Black and White Ball" count as staff or just volunteer?
~Aya~>.<!!!

LadyKaren

Quote from: ayaminamino on February 10, 2008, 04:29:34 AM
Just a quick question, since there's a little confusion. Does people who work at an event like "Maid Cafe" or "Black and White Ball" count as staff or just volunteer?

Staff. Anyone who works for a department is staff. Volunteers work for "Volunteers"

ayaminamino

Quote from: LadyKaren on February 10, 2008, 12:09:12 PM

Staff. Anyone who works for a department is staff. Volunteers work for "Volunteers"

Thank you for answering ^^~ Problem solved.
~Aya~>.<!!!

jemz

Actually, for Maid Cafe, anyone who works on this particular event other than the Department Head and her second will be considered "VOLUNTEERS" due to the number of hours Maid Cafe is open for.

In order to be staff, you must work the required minimum number of hours at the convention. Maid Cafe does not offer the minimum number of hours and thus does not have "staff" but has "dedicated volunteers".

HR Staff
FanimeCon 2014 - 2018

Director of Extravaganzas
FanimeCon 2008 - 2012

Hey you are my PINKY // never cheat on me // 赤い糸で縛って

womanaconda

Quote from: jemz on February 12, 2008, 01:30:53 PM

Actually, for Maid Cafe, anyone who works on this particular event other than the Department Head and her second will be considered "VOLUNTEERS" due to the number of hours Maid Cafe is open for.

In order to be staff, you must work the required minimum number of hours at the convention. Maid Cafe does not offer the minimum number of hours and thus does not have "staff" but has "dedicated volunteers".

Except that we don't have Dedicated Volunteers this year. If you want to work for Maid Cafe, you should look into working for another department as well to get enough hours. A good portion of my staff does both, and I'm still looking for more staff.

belldandyamz

So, how do I get a hold of guest relations staff for fanime 2009? I have a contact sheet that might help some.

ewu

Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

banzuke

can someone tell me when is the next meeting is being held?? i really want to be a staff in fanime. If anyone know can u please send me an email at pcmechanic19ATgmailDOTcom. I really appreciate ur help.

Mod Edit: anti spammed e-mail

ewu

Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom