Guess..what ANTIC CAFE (AN CAFE) coming to fanime 08!

Started by darkknightcecil, January 13, 2008, 06:30:07 PM

Acid_Android

Quote from: Long on February 21, 2008, 11:11:53 PM
Quote from: Tony on February 21, 2008, 02:25:59 PM
Quote from: Touya no Miko on February 20, 2008, 03:22:55 PM
Damn, so we can't give it to them personally.
Not necessarily. We're just organizing it to make sure everyone's gifts get to the band efficiently, while also making sure there's nothing too crazy going on. (Like, "Ancafe, here's a lock of my hair and bottle of my tears. HAVE MY CHILDREN.")
Geeheehee. xD I love how we're back in the Civic Auditorium this year. I missed it. ;____; Whoo for AnCafe! Great job for getting them. =B I can't wait to see what other bands are coming as well. MusicFest... You are my one and only love. ;___;

By the way, do people who staff for MusicFest, typically get to enjoy the show. D:

Well...yeah, we enjoy bits and pieces, lol. The thing is, if you're on MusicFest staff, you gotta be willing to leave in the middle of the show to do errands. Last year, I missed out on some of MECHANiCAL PANDA's set because I was running around trying to get stuff for their merchandise display. And during Crack 6's performance, I couldn't really concentrate so much on their show because we were walking around trying to make sure people weren't taking pictures with their phones.

It's a lot more tiring than people assume, and it's not just 'hanging out' with the bands. Fans actually get to interact a lot more with the guests! LOL.

MusicFest Manager 2009-Present
2008 MusicFest Guest Handler
2007 MusicFest Staff
MusicFest on Twitter!

Long

Quote from: Acid_Android on February 22, 2008, 08:44:10 AM
Quote from: Long on February 21, 2008, 11:11:53 PM
Quote from: Tony on February 21, 2008, 02:25:59 PM
Quote from: Touya no Miko on February 20, 2008, 03:22:55 PM
Damn, so we can't give it to them personally.
Not necessarily. We're just organizing it to make sure everyone's gifts get to the band efficiently, while also making sure there's nothing too crazy going on. (Like, "Ancafe, here's a lock of my hair and bottle of my tears. HAVE MY CHILDREN.")
Geeheehee. xD I love how we're back in the Civic Auditorium this year. I missed it. ;____; Whoo for AnCafe! Great job for getting them. =B I can't wait to see what other bands are coming as well. MusicFest... You are my one and only love. ;___;

By the way, do people who staff for MusicFest, typically get to enjoy the show. D:
Well...yeah, we enjoy bits and pieces, lol. The thing is, if you're on MusicFest staff, you gotta be willing to leave in the middle of the show to do errands. Last year, I missed out on some of MECHANiCAL PANDA's set because I was running around trying to get stuff for their merchandise display. And during Crack 6's performance, I couldn't really concentrate so much on their show because we were walking around trying to make sure people weren't taking pictures with their phones.

It's a lot more tiring than people assume, and it's not just 'hanging out' with the bands. Fans actually get to interact a lot more with the guests! LOL.

Yeah. I pretty much assumed that was the case. I still would love to help out though. The only thing is I don't have any experience with sound systems or stage set-ups, and I'm not sure if you guys are willing to accept entry-level staff with no experience in concerts. ^^;;

Tony

Send an email to [email protected] and we'll get back to you about staffing. ^^
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

JTchinoy

Quote from: jemz on February 21, 2008, 12:55:07 PM
Quote from: JTchinoy on February 19, 2008, 10:11:20 PM
Well now I know what to be careful of since I'm staff  ;D
j/k.  good luck with the line!! as much as i want to go i might sell my tickets to some japanese (from japan, none of you japanese americans!!!) people if i get some and i see they dont.  I'm not big on wasting someone's trip from Japan to America  ;)

*blinks* MusicFest is a badged event and AnCafe's concert will be available to everyone with a badge. I don't see any tickets needed to go to their performance. Now "Meet the Guest" is a completely different story.
I thought you had to buy tickets.  ???
Can I walk in and out as I please so I can just come when AnCafe starts? I have to run tournaments for e-gaming so I don't know if I can sit through the whole thing until they play.

Wait can I triple department staff?  ;) I'm going to be e-gaming and I'm already video programming.  Can I do some musicfest too?

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

jemz

Quote from: JTchinoy on February 23, 2008, 03:34:17 PM
*blinks* MusicFest is a badged event and AnCafe's concert will be available to everyone with a badge. I don't see any tickets needed to go to their performance. Now "Meet the Guest" is a completely different story.
Can I walk in and out as I please so I can just come when AnCafe starts? I have to run tournaments for e-gaming so I don't know if I can sit through the whole thing until they play.

Wait can I triple department staff?  ;) I'm going to be e-gaming and I'm already video programming.  Can I do some musicfest too?

Again, MusicFest is a badged event. If you have a badge or if you are on staff and the concert doesn't conflict with your duties, you can go to MusicFest.

There will most likely be a line to get into the Civic for An Cafe's concert but yes, you may enter or leave the Civic during the concert. 

I am unsure what you are saying when you say "triple department staff". You don't have to be on staff for MusicFest to attend the concert. And really, if you were already on staff for two other departments, you will be denied staffing MusicFest. Too many hats and all that.
HR Staff
FanimeCon 2014 - 2018

Director of Extravaganzas
FanimeCon 2008 - 2012

Hey you are my PINKY // never cheat on me // 赤い糸で縛って

JTchinoy

Quote from: jemz on February 23, 2008, 05:48:46 PM
Quote from: JTchinoy on February 23, 2008, 03:34:17 PM

I am unsure what you are saying when you say "triple department staff". You don't have to be on staff for MusicFest to attend the concert. And really, if you were already on staff for two other departments, you will be denied staffing MusicFest. Too many hats and all that.

What do you mean? :( You don't need to give me a hat, I'll just help :) The though of helping a grand event like musicfest come together sounds like quite an honor/ accomplishment I'd want to be part of.
By triple department staff I mean work with musicfest as well as E-gaming and video programming.
8 hours per department for my 24 hours.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Tony

Quote from: JTchinoy on February 23, 2008, 06:57:57 PM
What do you mean? :( You don't need to give me a hat, I'll just help :) The though of helping a grand event like musicfest come together sounds like quite an honor/ accomplishment I'd want to be part of.
By triple department staff I mean work with musicfest as well as E-gaming and video programming.
We may have some gopher positions. The problem is, you'd be on-call for about 18-20 hours a day. ^^;

(Also, the previous staff policy is that you can't be in more than one department... you may want to check with your department heads and human resources ([email protected]) to make sure it's ok.)
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

JTchinoy

Quote from: Tony on February 23, 2008, 09:08:50 PM
Quote from: JTchinoy on February 23, 2008, 06:57:57 PM
We may have some gopher positions. The problem is, you'd be on-call for about 18-20 hours a day. ^^;

(Also, the previous staff policy is that you can't be in more than one department... you may want to check with your department heads and human resources ([email protected]) to make sure it's ok.)
I don't mind if you're short a hand and need me to fetch stuff within the convention as long as it's not during my other shifts :)  I just like enjoying the environment of fanime and making sure everything runs smoothly and that all of our guests have as much fun as I do.  So if I can help make musicfest happen I'd like to help.  I've been to fanime as a guest twice before staffing so I've had my fill of just going to events, I want to help them happen.
Video programming suggested floating between e-gaming and video programming and i know one of my friends has multi-departmented before.  Can I just talk to you guys about it at the march 9 meeting??

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

PickleBunny

Quote from: JTchinoy on February 24, 2008, 02:17:53 AM
I don't mind if you're short a hand and need me to fetch stuff within the convention as long as it's not during my other shifts :)  I just like enjoying the environment of fanime and making sure everything runs smoothly and that all of our guests have as much fun as I do.  So if I can help make musicfest happen I'd like to help.  I've been to fanime as a guest twice before staffing so I've had my fill of just going to events, I want to help them happen.
Video programming suggested floating between e-gaming and video programming and i know one of my friends has multi-departmented before.  Can I just talk to you guys about it at the march 9 meeting??

We would love for you to enjoy MusicFest, but as for staffing, our positions, even as gophers, are pretty intense.  Sure, you don't need to be doing things all of the time, but you need to be on-call for 18+ hours because our needs are so unpredictable--even if we're just talking about fetching things.  So I would definitely not recommend staffing for any other departments at the same time.  And like Tony said, it's against policy to be in more than one department so three is not going to fly.
MusicFest Staff 2005
MusicFest Second 2006-2011

JTchinoy

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

JTchinoy

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Mordyan

DN6412

Yanchi

so all you need to be in the concert is a badge?

edit:
what's required for us to be in the Meet&Greet?
<3 these dorks.

Acid_Android

Quote from: Yanchi on March 05, 2008, 12:43:58 AM
so all you need to be in the concert is a badge?

edit:
what's required for us to be in the Meet&Greet?

Yes, all you need is a badge to get into the concert.

If you mean the Meet the Guests event, the details are still being worked out. As more information becomes available, it will be posted on the MusicFest website. :)
2007 MusicFest Staff
MusicFest on Twitter!

Yanchi

<3 these dorks.

japonaliya

Hello/Konichiwa!

I am a newbie to Fanime. I have been into anime since before some of you guys were born, and into jrock before that!!
After spending about 20 grand buying anime vhs tapes, laser disks etc. I finally stopped watching anime on a reg. basis.

BUT..my love of jpop/rock has increased, esp since I am a musician.

So....I am going via pre-reg to Fanime ONLY to see An Cafe.

What I want to know is...to get good seats/floor position, when, realistically should I line up at the convention center?
Should I be prepared to camp out on SAT night, or stroll up to the doors a few hrs. before the concert?

Any input would be appreciated for an old geezer jrocker..

arigatou gozaimashita

ButterflyBones

Hey there, I'm also a Fanime newbie and am going to just see An Cafe...so I suppose I have the same questions as other con-goers ( about when to line up and such for the concert ). Also, what I really want to ask is about the Meet the Guests event - how does that usually work? I know it's an event you need a ticket for, at least. Are tickets bought at the convention or beforehand? I'm just really curious since it seems like a great event, and I'd do anything to get in.  :)

clawmaster

why was it that this was scheduled for Sunday instead of Saturday? Theres probably an explanation in the previous posts but i am kinda lazy to go to the direct one. its just a bit weird to have the masq on sat instead of Sunday.

check out our site, we cover all the latest news on both anime and video games and also we have a podcast http://missionstartpodcast.weebly.com/

Acid_Android

Quote from: japonaliya on March 09, 2008, 09:59:14 AM
Hello/Konichiwa!

I am a newbie to Fanime. I have been into anime since before some of you guys were born, and into jrock before that!!
After spending about 20 grand buying anime vhs tapes, laser disks etc. I finally stopped watching anime on a reg. basis.

BUT..my love of jpop/rock has increased, esp since I am a musician.

So....I am going via pre-reg to Fanime ONLY to see An Cafe.

What I want to know is...to get good seats/floor position, when, realistically should I line up at the convention center?
Should I be prepared to camp out on SAT night, or stroll up to the doors a few hrs. before the concert?

Any input would be appreciated for an old geezer jrocker..

arigatou gozaimashita

UHM, I highly discourage camping out the night before in front of the Civic Auditorium. In all honesty, I'm not sure when you should start lining up, but please use sound judgement, and please remember that personal safety is of utmost importance!!!!!! o_O;;;

Also keep in mind that there may be earlier events going on with An Cafe on the same day as their show, and you may not want to miss those...

Quote from: ButterflyBones on March 09, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Hey there, I'm also a Fanime newbie and am going to just see An Cafe...so I suppose I have the same questions as other con-goers ( about when to line up and such for the concert ). Also, what I really want to ask is about the Meet the Guests event - how does that usually work? I know it's an event you need a ticket for, at least. Are tickets bought at the convention or beforehand? I'm just really curious since it seems like a great event, and I'd do anything to get in.  :)

The details for Meet the Guests are still being planned, so please keep checking the MusicFest website for more updates.

Quote from: clawmaster on March 09, 2008, 09:33:04 PM
why was it that this was scheduled for Sunday instead of Saturday? Theres probably an explanation in the previous posts but i am kinda lazy to go to the direct one. its just a bit weird to have the masq on sat instead of Sunday.

It was the only way to resolve a scheduling conflict. An Cafe has a show in Tokyo at NHK Hall on Friday night, and if we had MusicFest on Saturday, they'd basically have to go right back on stage at the Civic after a 12+ hr flight with absolutely no rest. Poor guys would be absolutely exhausted if we did that to them, especially since it's near the end of their tour (><;;  )

2007 MusicFest Staff
MusicFest on Twitter!