Guess..what ANTIC CAFE (AN CAFE) coming to fanime 08!

Started by darkknightcecil, January 13, 2008, 06:30:07 PM

jemz

Quote from: IshokuOsero on May 07, 2008, 02:57:26 AM
Quote from: phen on May 06, 2008, 05:21:32 PM
Quote from: eroguro on May 05, 2008, 07:18:04 AM
I just hope you all finalize things soon so I have a general idea x.x It's making me nervous not knowing how the line for the live is going to be done and still not knowing details on the meet the guests thing and it is cutting it pretty close afterall x.x

I leave in like two weeks exactly for it since I'm going to a friends house for a few days before, so I really hope it's all finalized before I leave x_x Stressing me out xD

I've been lurking here for quite a while [~a month?] and finally decided to register for the forums, because YES, I AGREE WITH THIS STATEMENT.
Fanime is only 2 and a half weeks away, people are flying in from across the country.
I understand this is really stressful for you guys and you're trying hard, but many of us need to get our itineraries figured out.

Honestly, a friend of mine called this whole thing a little unprofessional. She's only putting up with it because of me, and I only am because An Cafe is my favourite band.

So please persevere, try your hardest, and let us know asap!

I really have to agree.
I chose not to go to ACen this year, and instead to attend Fanime with my best friend, just because of An Cafe. It's bad enough we had to schedule flights and work around the entire thing to begin with, and we had to have everything prepared months in advance because of all of that. And to hear that a lot of the stuff has been scheduled on Monday... as of only the past month, if that, it's just pretty stressful. I've spent a lot of money on a hotel room AND plane fees, all because of An Cafe... and now I may not even be able to do some of the events, because it wasn't planned out early enough ahead of time? And with Fanime in 15 days (or at least, that's when my plane leaves, and some things open that evening), this just seems ridiculous.

I totally understand where all of you are coming from in terms of stress in planning for something in advance. At the moment, would you rather get half-confirmed information that constantly changes or get information that is fully concrete?

We are working on this as hard as we can but there are unforeseen obstacles in the way that are not in our control, mainly red tape that was thrown in our way by top executives. Trust us when we say we want to have a smooth presentation of the band to their biggest fans and the band wants to have a great time with you guys but we do have to work things out with their management, record label, etc. who may object to certain things because they're not involved at the very last possible moment.

I will confirm that there will be tickets given out for the concert. They are free tickets so long as you have registered for a badge. If you are only attending on Sunday, the Sunday badge will allow you to pick up a ticket. Details on that will be up on the website soon.

There will be an Autograph session as well as a Q&A session on Monday as stated on the website for some time. There won't be an Autograph session on Sunday as much as we would like to have it.

Meet the Guests (aka Meet An Cafe) will be held on Sunday. There will be a limited number of tickets for both (Meet the Guest & Autographs) due to the sheer number of people attending. As much as we want to accommodate everyone, we can't.

Tony and I are stressing along with you guys about all the details. We want you guys to have a lot of fun and enjoy Fanime as well as the awesome bands at MusicFest. As for the comments on our professionalism, we'll take the criticism and let it push us to be better at what we are volunteering to do. We do appreciate that you took the time out to comment about your thoughts. We are available through email if you do have any other concerns, questions, and yes, even criticisms but hey, we'll take some praise too. My email is [email protected] and Tony's email is [email protected].
HR Staff
FanimeCon 2014 - 2018

Director of Extravaganzas
FanimeCon 2008 - 2012

Hey you are my PINKY // never cheat on me // 赤い糸で縛って

Shi_Musouka

Hey speaking of tickets, has the MusicFest department figured out how they are going to distribute the tickets for general Fanime staff members who wants to see An Cafe or will it be a similar process as that of attendees?

As much as I hate to get involved in this, I do agree with the people here that there are times when the con management seems unprofessional(even within staff and scheduling-related dealies), but at the same time, I remember that they are all volunteering their time and resources for one of the most popular cons in NorCal. None of the staff gets paid for this. I mean honestly, the people who work for Fanime don't even have to be here, but they do it anyways because they love the con(or they love anime, at the least) and it's because they love the con that they work hard to improve their con, even if it's not pristine perfect.

Sorry if that last paragraph offended anyone... That's pretty much what's going on from the staff's POV though... And I just wanted to do a fellow staffer a favor...

jemz

Quote from: Shi_Musouka on May 07, 2008, 10:56:35 AM
Hey speaking of tickets, has the MusicFest department figured out how they are going to distribute the tickets for general Fanime staff members who wants to see An Cafe or will it be a similar process as that of attendees?

As much as I hate to get involved in this, I do agree with the people here that there are times when the con management seems unprofessional(even within staff and scheduling-related dealies), but at the same time, I remember that they are all volunteering their time and resources for one of the most popular cons in NorCal. Honestly, the people who work for Fanime don't even have to be here, but they do it anyways because they love the con(or they love anime, at the least) and it's because they love the con that they work hard to improve their con, even if it's not pristine perfect.

Sorry if that last paragraph offended anyone... That's pretty much what's going on from the staff's POV though...

Yup! Tony's going to announce the details of the tickets for Fanime Staff at either the next meeting this Saturday or the meeting on the 18th.
HR Staff
FanimeCon 2014 - 2018

FanimeCon 2008 - 2012

eroguro

Thank you jemz for giving us a better idea on what to expect. Now the only thing I'm worried about is if the tickets will be given out first come, first serve, and I'm assuming they will have a number? I don't think you can really do it depending on when you registered, so I'm guessing that's really the only way it can be done (which really sucks for the people not showing up until the day of number wise, but if people know how to work a concert they can still get a good spot at least)

Anyway, I'm the maintainer of the An Cafe fan community on livejournal and I know a lot of fans there don't check the forums here for updates, so I hope you don't mind if I quote you about these confirmations, but I'll be sure to let them know it is still subject to change. If you rather I didn't, please just let me know and I'll delete the entry right away. I just want them all to know that nothing is really confirmed yet except that their will be a concert (and at least we get that, right?)

Thank you again. ^^

jemz

Quote from: eroguro on May 07, 2008, 01:02:18 PM
Thank you jemz for giving us a better idea on what to expect. Now the only thing I'm worried about is if the tickets will be given out first come, first serve, and I'm assuming they will have a number? I don't think you can really do it depending on when you registered, so I'm guessing that's really the only way it can be done (which really sucks for the people not showing up until the day of number wise, but if people know how to work a concert they can still get a good spot at least)

Anyway, I'm the maintainer of the An Cafe fan community on livejournal and I know a lot of fans there don't check the forums here for updates, so I hope you don't mind if I quote you about these confirmations, but I'll be sure to let them know it is still subject to change. If you rather I didn't, please just let me know and I'll delete the entry right away. I just want them all to know that nothing is really confirmed yet except that their will be a concert (and at least we get that, right?)

Thank you again. ^^

Feel free to quote. I'm a member of the LJ comm and when details are released, either Tony, his GR Liaison, or myself will make a post with the details. That way, we can answer any questions the members attending have. :D
HR Staff
FanimeCon 2014 - 2018

FanimeCon 2008 - 2012

eroguro

Quote from: jemz on May 07, 2008, 01:30:58 PM

Thank you again. ^^

Feel free to quote. I'm a member of the LJ comm and when details are released, either Tony, his GR Liaison, or myself will make a post with the details. That way, we can answer any questions the members attending have. :D

Thank you very much!

royalism

Now the only thing I'm worried about is if the tickets will be given out first come, first serve, and I'm assuming they will have a number? I don't think you can really do it depending on when you registered, so I'm guessing that's really the only way it can be done (which really sucks for the people not showing up until the day of number wise, but if people know how to work a concert they can still get a good spot at least)

That's one thing that worries me a bit.
I'll be showing up with phen on Saturday, and I'm paranoid that all of the tickets will be gone because they'll be given out on friday or something. :/  Since we're driving up from LA, we obviously can't be there at 7 in the morning. . . but, yeah I'm sure you guys will figure something out. @w@

jemz

Quote from: royalism on May 07, 2008, 02:16:00 PM
Now the only thing I'm worried about is if the tickets will be given out first come, first serve, and I'm assuming they will have a number? I don't think you can really do it depending on when you registered, so I'm guessing that's really the only way it can be done (which really sucks for the people not showing up until the day of number wise, but if people know how to work a concert they can still get a good spot at least)

I'll be showing up with phen on Saturday, and I'm paranoid that all of the tickets will be gone because they'll be given out on friday or something. :/  Since we're driving up from LA, we obviously can't be there at 7 in the morning. . . but, yeah I'm sure you guys will figure something out. @w@

Well, the tickets are numbered but they're mainly used for a capacity basis. You can still line up for the actual concert as it is "first come, first serve" in terms of seating. However, we will discourage everyone from lining up until after the FMV's are over. Anyone lined up at the Civic before then will be for FMV's and not for MusicFest.

Tony and I are aware of our attendees coming in on Sunday just for the concert and have made every effort to be fair to them as well as everyone. I don't want to steal Tony's thunder but please be patient with the announcement of details. Otherwise, Tony will yell that I'm a bad boss. XD
HR Staff
FanimeCon 2014 - 2018

FanimeCon 2008 - 2012

milan

Just wondering, will the tickets for the concert be distributed on Thursday?

kaiora

As long as I get a ticket to get in the concert when I get there saturday I dont care. If they are all gone becuase I got there saturday Im going to be extremely extremely angry, expecially since im coming just for An cafe as many others are too. You said you are aware of this I just hope you take into account how many people are coming on the later days.

Also, do we have to be the ones to pick up tickets for the concert, or If we have friends who are showing up earlier than us are they able to get them for us? Im assuming we have to pick them up ourselves but none the less I felt I should ask.
Caffeko <3 ~

phen

Thanks for giving us a little bit of what's going on :]
sorry if my original post sounded rude at all, I really appreciate everything that you all are doing, I think we're all feeling the heat now :]]

I'll go back to lurking now >__>

royalism

Quote from: jemz on May 07, 2008, 02:54:26 PM

Well, the tickets are numbered but they're mainly used for a capacity basis. You can still line up for the actual concert as it is "first come, first serve" in terms of seating. However, we will discourage everyone from lining up until after the FMV's are over. Anyone lined up at the Civic before then will be for FMV's and not for MusicFest.

Tony and I are aware of our attendees coming in on Sunday just for the concert and have made every effort to be fair to them as well as everyone. I don't want to steal Tony's thunder but please be patient with the announcement of details. Otherwise, Tony will yell that I'm a bad boss. XD

Ahh, okay.  I'll wait for details. :3
And I know you guys are working really hard to get things organized and to get us all of the solid info, but I'm sure you can also understand why we're nervous, too. xD;
Just because a lot of us, like myself, are spending a few hundred dollars JUST to see An Cafe, so we're going to think of all that can go wrong, first. xD; So, I just want to make sure that everyone coming on later days will get a chance to grab a ticket before they're all gone.

Thanks so much~

Tony

Try not to worry! We're keeping cafekkos in mind very much, while also trying to consider the ~11,000 other people expected to come to the convention.

The ticketing plan has several characteristics to make sure everyone who wants to see An Cafe will get a chance. Such as...

- They are free (of course, you'll need a badge to get one!)
- There are 3,000 of them.
- Some will be saved for some time for An Cafe fans specifically.
- We're only giving out a certain amount per day; there will be tickets left on Sunday.

I intended to give more specific details and release the schedule today, but the band needs another day or so to confirm some things, and I don't want to put out information that later changes.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

kaiora

Quote from: Tony on May 07, 2008, 04:38:03 PM
Try not to worry! We're keeping cafekkos in mind very much, while also trying to consider the ~11,000 other people expected to come to the convention.

The ticketing plan has several characteristics to make sure everyone who wants to see An Cafe will get a chance. Such as...

- We're only giving out a certain amount per day; there will be tickets left on Sunday.

I intended to give more specific details and release the schedule today, but the band needs another day or so to confirm some things, and I don't want to put out information that later changes.

Okay thank you for specifying that only a certain amount are given out a day. Thats what I was extremely worried about >.< since Im coming to just see an cafe, If I didnt get to see them I would freak xD But thank you for informing us so quickly and we all look forward to the actual updates and official information
Caffeko <3 ~

royalism

Quote from: Tony on May 07, 2008, 04:38:03 PM

Oh wow!  Alright, I feel a lot better, now. xD
Thank you guys so much!

DN6412

Yes, thank you very much!

I know that you are still planning things out, but do you have a specific place to where you are going to hand out the tickets?

eroguro

Quote from: jemz on May 07, 2008, 02:54:26 PM
Quote from: royalism on May 07, 2008, 02:16:00 PM

Now that doesn't really sound good, because it reminds me of the lines for Jrock Revolution last year in LA. People lining up for Saturday's concert started a seperate line and there were fights over it. Can you imagine all the fans standing alongside the people waiting for the FMV's and then rushing forward as soon as they're in? And plus, people will probably start lining up hours in advance for MusicFest anyway and just standing like across the street and there will be probably be just a mad rush. If that makes sense. v.v

lunar_feline

You all really need to chill. This isn't JRock Rev or some other live venue (omg really? NO WAY!); this is an anime convention. Anime convention. Okay? Things are done a little differently. And contrary to your belief and that of your pals, MusicFest staff knows what they're doing. This isn't the first concert they've ever held, ya know. The biggest, to be sure, but not the first.
Maybe you should just zip it and wait for ALL the details to be released before you start whining and complaining about everything. How can you even find it logical to whine about how things are going to be done when you don't even know for sure how they're going to be done? Just because you're breathing down their necks doesn't mean you're going to get any special treatment and it doesn't mean they're going to change what they've been planning to do just because omg you don't like it. Oh, and being almighty mod-sama of the AnCafe comm doesn't mean jack either. It's a power trip and nothing more. You're no better or different than anybody else; you're not special. You'll be subject to the same rules and restrictions and timelines for whatever MusicFest decides on concerning the AnCafe live and other events. Which they haven't released yet and aren't going to until they're good and ready. So leave them alone.
Geez...

DN6412

Quote from: lunar_feline on May 08, 2008, 10:20:45 AM
You all really need to chill. This isn't JRock Rev or some other live venue (omg really? NO WAY!); this is an anime convention. Anime convention. Okay? Things are done a little differently. And contrary to your belief and that of your pals, MusicFest staff knows what they're doing. This isn't the first concert they've ever held, ya know. The biggest, to be sure, but not the first.
Maybe you should just zip it and wait for ALL the details to be released before you start whining and complaining about everything. How can you even find it logical to whine about how things are going to be done when you don't even know for sure how they're going to be done? Just because you're breathing down their necks doesn't mean you're going to get any special treatment and it doesn't mean they're going to change what they've been planning to do just because omg you don't like it. Oh, and being almighty mod-sama of the AnCafe comm doesn't mean jack either. It's a power trip and nothing more. You're no better or different than anybody else; you're not special. You'll be subject to the same rules and restrictions and timelines for whatever MusicFest decides on concerning the AnCafe live and other events. Which they haven't released yet and aren't going to until they're good and ready. So leave them alone.
Geez...

I think what you said clearly explains what is on my mind right now. But you could have put it in nicer words or something.

I mean, a lot of people paid A LOT of money [people who are going on a plane] JUST to see AnCafe, and wouldn't it be a waste if they didn't get the ticket to go to the concert? Yeah, they could just enjoy the convention, but some people don't like anime. [My cousin doesn't really like anime but she likes AnCafe]

Everyone is just worried and they want information ASAP to make sure that everything goes according to their schedule.

I'm worried too. This will be my first year at Fanime and I would like specific details so I won't get lost. I'm not familiar with the convention center in San Jose, or anywhere near there.

All in all, I think everyone should just chill out. There's two more weeks before Fanime and I bet that the staff members are working on what to do. More information will most likely be posted sometime next week. [But I'm not part of staff so I wouldn't know] I don't think they'll have all information posted the night before Fanime because that's when most fans are leaving for San Jose and the next day, most of them will be clueless.

eroguro

Quote from: lunar_feline on May 08, 2008, 10:20:45 AM
Geez...

And you assume that I have never been to an anime convention and that I don't know how it works. I'm well aware of the fact that it's handled differently and have seen other bands at anime conventions as well (that GASP I traveled to just for the band since believe it or not some people don't really like anime ^^) Also, I think it's hilarious that you think me maintaining the an cafe community is any sort of power trip or anything, I just wanted to make sure that the people there know what is going on since I care about what happens with other Cafekko and it's rude to quote someone if they don't want to be, that's the only reason it was mentioned. If you even look over there, you see their we're people very grateful for it because they had no idea any changes were happening and now they have the chance to change their plans if need be. When if this was announced officially a week before Fanime, they may not have.

And your opinion really wasn't necessary since you obviously don't care anyway (or wait you do, you had to jump in their with pointless comments because you have nothing better to do) Obviously, just like how you can state your opinion, I can state mine, because I'm sure the MusicFest staff loves to hear your bitching and worthless opinion so much, it helps a lot ^^

Seriously, not in the mood for that crap. Seeing as how I paid almost $1000 just to see my favorite band and couldn't care less about the rest of the convention, I will continue to state my opinion in the thread as I see fit.

And thank you DN6412 for stating your opinion in an intelligent way xD I'm leaving for Fanime on the 19th however and may not have a lot of time for internet access just to check on what's going on before that, so that's why I would like the information asap, though I know saying that doesn't rush anything and I'm sure Jemz and all the other MusicFest staff are stressing out and working as hard as they can and I sincerly appreciate that.