2010 Cosplay Murder Mystery?

Started by Gatsby, January 16, 2008, 09:29:23 PM

MidnightRosebud

Murder Mysteries are soo much fun! >.<
I think it's a wonderful idea!
Catch the Barrel/Prize: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,10013.msg255958.html#msg255958

Cosplay 2010
~Bleach: Yadomaru Lisa
~Soul Eater: Gorgon Medusa
~Naruto (Shippuden): Hyuuga Hinata
~CardCaptor Sakura: Mirror Card
~Fairy Tail: Lucy

shy-cosplayer

That would be so fun! And L could lead the investigation!

lol xD

marisuga

This sounds like so much fun!

K-ayu

Sounds good to me. Get it up and running and I'll join the party :)

Yuu

I'm in Flins elder hotter and more 'in' brother. I'll go as Edgeworth!

Seriously, I so want a role in this.XD

sklpnda

this sounds epic :D would be interesting imo if there were some higurashi cosplayers at this >.> anywhos id be a maybe with matt jeevas
I'd Tip My Hat To You, If I Weren't Currently Bare Headed

Eboni ninja

This sounds like a great! Count me in if you need any help :)
Cosplays for Fanime 2011:

Gatsby

Ok I know this didn't happen this Fanime, but maybe with planning we could do it next. As I stated in earlier posts I've never organized one, so any help would be great!

SangSeiku

Would this require a seperate room of sorts so congoers don't disturb whatever evidence is in place?  Or you could have random congoers in on the whole thing among the crowd labeled as witnesses that the contestant detectives could question.  One of the witnesses could be the killer or something.

Do you need a mini mystery written out for this or do you have ideas?

It would have to be short enough to be solveable in two days flat, but I'm sure with the number of Ls and other highly rated detectives being attracted to this, it should be easy to solve.

Or if no contestant solves it, you could have a backup detective that knows everything and could do a dramatic reveal at the end like in the show "Psych"....

Hokay: All inforz can be found here:Murder Mystery '09 Official Times~ post #121
looks like this (for now):
QuoteOfficial Times and Plans: (possible changes~)

Friday~
* Meet @ the Riser Stage (1st floor of con)
*7PM
+This is to go over dimensions etc

Saturday~
*Meet @ The Gathering/Events Table
*8AM-9:30AM
*Head to Riser Sage for Mock up and how things will play out/timing
+Alibis given out here~

Saturday Performance~
*Meet @ Riser Stage
*4PM/ slightly before  - 5PM (we can run it longer if no one is involved in the masquerade/ BWball/ etc)
+Either first performance here or we only do one performance on Sunday

Sunday~
*Meet @ (Riser Stage?)
*8AM-10AM
+New Alibis for (second performance?)/ more practice

Sunday Performance~
*Meet @ Riser Stage
*3:30PM-5PM
+Second Performance w/Alternate Ending~

If we need to change this, speak up!  :D

I have a list of Actors I've been able to use in scripiting this year:
~Yuu
~Yuu's friend
~Lemonbubbles
~Rodney_Pheonix
~LastExlie
~Elantra
~chibi*H A N A T S U K I
~MonkeyRikku
~iAnimePHr34k
~RyuSan777
~TideWind1
~{My friend 1}
~{My friend 2}

I'll PM you all for confirmation~

(If I was unable to write you guys in this year, I would be grateful if you showed up as detectives still~ Next year will be better organized I think)
Also, Detectives, please show up at the stage a bit before the performances so I can explain the rundown to you~
I believe for this year detectives can work in up to three teams
*We should limit it to up to about 15 total detectives per performance (first come first serve basis?)

This informational post is here at: Murder Mystery '09 Official Times~ post #121

Gatsby

Quote from: SangSeiku on September 24, 2008, 11:29:54 PM

Would this require a seperate room of sorts so congoers don't disturb whatever evidence is in place?  Or you could have random congoers in on the whole thing among the crowd labeled as witnesses that the contestant detectives could question.  One of the witnesses could be the killer or something.

Do you need a mini mystery written out for this or do you have ideas?

It would have to be short enough to be solveable in two days flat, but I'm sure with the number of Ls and other highly rated detectives being attracted to this, it should be easy to solve.

Or if no contestant solves it, you could have a backup detective that knows everything and could do a dramatic reveal at the end like in the show "Psych"....

I'm not sure as the plot yet so if you have ideas please PM me.

See the location is the real problem I see. I don't think there's anywhere we could do it in the main convention zone, unless we could maybe work in an area that is closed at night (which I think would be the ideal time to do it). The Maid Cafe was closed at night right? Well one thought I just had could be that someone was murdered there and we work on the case at night when the cafe is closed. But I'm not sure if we'd be allowed to do that since it's their area, I suppose we could ask too.

SangSeiku

Quote from: Darth_Diclonius on September 24, 2008, 11:39:15 PM
See the location is the real problem I see.

The maid cafe would be an excellent murder scene!  I suppose you / we /whoever should email or contact an official about availability of onsite rooms... If we do contact con admin they'll probably want us to contact the people running the maid cafe as well for permission and guidelines.  (Like no getting their tablecloths covered in{fake} blood or something >.<)

If/ when you inquire about this, we should have it to some level of organization of the activity that we can negotiate with...
(Btw: do we know who to contact?  what email?  anyone else reading this know?)

Probably good to have an idea of the story first then  ;)

I'll start thinking of some ideas if you still want them.  :)

SangSeiku

>.<

So I was browsing deviantart with a friend and something clicked.  ITs just a possibilty, but I'll be cosplaying as Kenny (90% sure) from South Park, so the murder could be something like: Who killed Kenny!?

... Again, just an idea... I would almost rather be a participant detective (L, cuz I'm cosplaying that as well...) But helping to write a murder mystery is too much fun too resist!

(*taps chin* dun want to seem intrusive since this is your idea and all though... ) I'll help out if you want (I feel nosy...) :D

Gatsby

I agree with you we should have some story ideas and general organization done first before contacting people.

Oh no! Please offer all ideas. I'm more of a fantasy action writer, mystery isn't my area. If you want to PM any ideas to me please do.

LemonBubbles

I want to be involved as well. I have several cosplays, so I should choose one depending on the plot/setting/role.

So are there going to be the 'actors' who play certain set people (ie maid, butler) and who answer the questions of other people that we invite (the ones trying to solve it)? And how many invitees would there be? I think that there should be more than just one night of this. Like multiple showings of a play. So as we get closer to the con, people who are interested in being invited, not in being actors, could sign up. Maybe if they trusted us enough they'd give us their room #s, and we could send them paper invitations telling them which night they would come. Or email would work just as well.

Well, that is my two cents. =D

Gatsby

Yes I think there will be actors that will be interrogated. See I've never done one of these so this is all new territory, so all help I can get would be great.

SangSeiku

:)  If we have people signing up online for this they would have to make sure to give us the name that will be on their badge.

Ooh  and I was thinking about this earlier,  depending on the plot (and LemonBubbles, bouncing off of your idea of actors for witnesses/ ineregatees) we should probably also intvite some backup detectives that know the whole story.

Doing it more than once would be a good idea, but each time it should be a different story, because past detectives may let slip the answer.  (I suppose the rest of the plot related ideas should remain in PMs, incase there are any nosy investigators already looking for hints ;)  )  Maybe we could have it that they have to solve it within like four hours or the murderer will escape.

Also, I was thinking we could have evidence all set up and maybe a mini police report type thing for each of the detectives (because the police couldn't solve it, but wanted to help anyway) but we could also have some bumbling policeman that starts cleaning things up within one hour so if detectives want to keep evidence type things they would want to take a picture (but that would be unfair to those without digital cameras and bad memory spans.)  We'll have to oversee the direct investigations to make sure the detectives have proper etiquette and don't touch any of the evidence the "police" haven't already deemed alright to touch investigate...

The more than one run thing will probably be good depending on how many people sign up/get invited.  Don't want it too crowded, am I right?

Gahh! If I have any more ideas I'll PM you. Sorry for taking up so mauch space.

(Ah one more thing: we could like write rough drafts of the mystery and send them to you to ssee if they're actually solvable.  And after we have a cast list we can put up like a roster to hire them as well. give them the script... or just the part of the script that their characters would know about so they wouldn't know the real answer. O.o)

Gatsby

I love all your ideas so far! I know I proposed this idea, but would you like to be co-creator?

Do you read/watch Detective Conan/Case Closed? If not try watching a few episodes because they have some interesting murder that could be used for inspiration. I love Sherlock Holmes and found those types of murders to be amazing so I think if we aimed towards a murder like that...

SangSeiku

CO-creator? reeeeaaallllyyy?  :o   *dances like an idiot*  ;D :D ;D

(Sorry I can be a bit of a spazz) That'd be fun!!!

Oh, um I think I've seen a few episodes of case closed, but I was what, like five?  And your suggestion had great timing, bbecause I was pondering why I hadn't actually goine back and watched more recently.  And I lurve Sherlock Holmes.  My friend has a entire compilation I believe of all of the official mysteries.  I've been trying to borrow it for a while, but she said she wanted to read it first... (she's got at leaast ten books ahead of it she's being forced to read though. >w< So I can probably sneak it out and read it before christmas at least.)

And yeah probable vs possible mystery sounds really fun.  I'll try thinking of some basic ideas this week.  :)

Gatsby

Yeah, you're helping alot and I need someone who can help organize it.

I'm going to watch Case Closed since I have about 30+ episodes. That should give some ideas.

I think the actors all should have motive to have killed the person or persons who are murdered.

SangSeiku

That's great!

I've also emailed my creative writing teacher, so he may be able to help us put the finishng touches on the story to help it make sense.  Always good to have an extra set of eyes to catch the plotholes, no?