Table Top, as in RPG

Started by Moondancer, January 30, 2008, 10:52:20 AM

TC X0 Lt 0X

I never heard of it, but then again, I havent done any tabletop RPGs outside of the D20 system

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Should we start a poll to see what we should play?

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

talu-chan

I dont care what is ran.. if it would be be gming I would have it be something with the seven deadly sin. Works best for OWoD.
These violent delights have violent ends and in their triumph die, like fire and powder, which, as they kiss, consume.

havok rt

I'm down for some DnD, its been a since I've last played so I'm a bit rusty(not to mention my regular group tends to disregard some rules ie spell components, encumbrance etc.) but I got a ton of books(bring a usb drive if you want some ;)) so I'm ready for just about anything just tell me what level to roll.
Fanime Staff:2010 Social Gaming, 2012 Tabletop Gaming

Cosplay for 2012: Walking around with "The Most Interesting Man In the World" (aka the dos equis guy)

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: havok rt on March 12, 2008, 02:46:59 AM
I'm down for some DnD, its been a since I've last played so I'm a bit rusty(not to mention my regular group tends to disregard some rules ie spell components, encumbrance etc.) but I got a ton of books(bring a usb drive if you want some ;)) so I'm ready for just about anything just tell me what level to roll.
My group doesnt use spell components, or care about encumbrance ether.

I got my USB drive too!!!

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

havok rt

Awesome!! So should should we start planning a time and a day...and who wants to DM? Its a shame that 4th edition doesn't come out 'til June.

Cosplay for 2012: Walking around with "The Most Interesting Man In the World" (aka the dos equis guy)

Eurobeat King

I posted in a Swap Meet thread that I'll be selling a bunch of table-top RPG games on Thursday and Friday night, so if anyone's interested (if you're looking for these old-school games to use for the con), come find my section.  Here's what I have:

D&D books
-Player's Handbook, Dungeon Master's Guide, Monster Manual I & II, Fiend Folio, Deities & Demigods, and more.
-Various Dungeon Modules/Adventures ex: "Tomb of Horrors", "Against the Giants", "Queen of the Demonweb Pits", etc.
-Various DragonLance Modules/Adventures

I also have some starter books for some variation-games:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles & Other Strangeness (also have some supplement books)
Heroes Unlimited
Mekton (Japanese Robot Combat)

And, I have some box-sets that are pretty complete and ready to go:

Car Wars : Deluxe Edition  (also have some supplement books)
Battletech  (also have extra books)
Gamma World

Sorry, I don't have dice to sell.. hehe   :P

If you're interested in any, please look for me that Thursday (pre-con) evening at the Swap Meet.  Any questions, feel free to PM me.  Thanks!

"Freedom is the right of all sentient cosplayers."

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: havok rt on March 12, 2008, 07:20:18 PM
Awesome!! So should should we start planning a time and a day...and who wants to DM? Its a shame that 4th edition doesn't come out 'til June.

Personally Im not even going to touch 4ed, not for another 5 years anyway.
You know how hard it is to kill someone?

Anyways I cant DM because I have an inability to.
Now what should I be???

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Eurobeat King on March 12, 2008, 07:41:29 PM
I posted in a Swap Meet thread that I'll be selling a bunch of table-top RPG games on Thursday and Friday night, so if anyone's interested (if you're looking for these old-school games to use for the con), come find my section.  Here's what I have:

D&D books
-Player's Handbook, Dungeon Master's Guide, Monster Manual I & II, Fiend Folio, Deities & Demigods, and more.
-Various Dungeon Modules/Adventures ex: "Tomb of Horrors", "Against the Giants", "Queen of the Demonweb Pits", etc.
-Various DragonLance Modules/Adventures

I also have some starter books for some variation-games:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles & Other Strangeness (also have some supplement books)
Heroes Unlimited
Mekton (Japanese Robot Combat)

And, I have some box-sets that are pretty complete and ready to go:

Car Wars : Deluxe Edition  (also have some supplement books)
Battletech  (also have extra books)
Gamma World

Sorry, I don't have dice to sell.. hehe   :P

If you're interested in any, please look for me that Thursday (pre-con) evening at the Swap Meet.  Any questions, feel free to PM me.  Thanks!

I WANT YOUR FIEND FOLIO!!!

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

havok rt

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on March 12, 2008, 08:14:22 PM

Now what should I be???
Umm people in my group usually play with max HP and outrageous stats (everybody gets an 18) now trying killing that. (Note: I've tried to play a standard game but nobody plays unless they get that stuff)but I've DM the last couple of time so I really want play as a character but I've got some ideas for some games so if need be I'll DM for a bit,

Eurobeat King

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on March 12, 2008, 08:28:20 PM
I WANT YOUR FIEND FOLIO!!!

haha okay.  I can hold it for you come that Thursday night.  But if you can't wait until then, there are quite a few copies on ebay.  (I looked recently for a lot of D&D stuff there to see what's available.)  So it's up to you.  :)
"Freedom is the right of all sentient cosplayers."

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: havok rt on March 12, 2008, 10:54:55 PM

Now what should I be???
Umm people in my group usually play with max HP and outrageous stats (everybody gets an 18) now trying killing that. (Note: I've tried to play a standard game but nobody plays unless they get that stuff)but I've DM the last couple of time so I really want play as a character but I've got some ideas for some games so if need be I'll DM for a bit,
So your group likes to make things super easy?
i mean my characters uselly have 1 stat above 18 (My Half-Fey Bamboo Spiritfolk has 2), but thats because I Min-Max. And having Max HP? Darn, Barbarians must be invinsible in your groups campaigns

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

havok rt

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on March 12, 2008, 11:24:19 PM
Quote from: havok rt on March 12, 2008, 10:54:55 PM

Now what should I be???
So your group likes to make things super easy?
i mean my characters uselly have 1 stat above 18 (My Half-Fey Bamboo Spiritfolk has 2), but thats because I Min-Max. And having Max HP? Darn, Barbarians must be invinsible in your groups campaigns
Well then the thing is you gotta throw tougher monster so it does really make sense. ::) anyways so I'll DM a game if need be just as long as I know for certain a couple weeks before and doesn't interrupt my other plans (though thats not much), but I really really wanta roll a character and probably die and should I bring extra dice?

TC X0 Lt 0X

So then, what should we play?
D&D3.5?
BESM?
Star Wars D20?
Some other game?

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

havok rt

Well I've only played D&D3.5 on that list so yeah though that BLEACH D20 system look interesting to say the least.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: havok rt on March 14, 2008, 12:26:20 AM
Well I've only played D&D3.5 on that list so yeah though that BLEACH D20 system look interesting to say the least.

My vote is
1)D&D 3.5
2)Bleach D20
3)BESM
4)Anything else

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Smalls

I have a system call legends of the five rings that is really fun and me and a couple friends have figured out how to turn it anime.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Smalls on March 14, 2008, 04:42:56 PM
I have a system call legends of the five rings that is really fun and me and a couple friends have figured out how to turn it anime.

Is it a system you made?

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

havok rt

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on March 14, 2008, 01:04:51 PM
Quote from: havok rt on March 14, 2008, 12:26:20 AM

My vote is
1)D&D 3.5
2)Bleach D20
3)BESM
4)Anything else
Couldn't we use the Bleach D20 in conjunction with standard D&D

TC X0 Lt 0X

we could, however the classes in Bleach d20 are very overpowered compared with standerd D&D

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.