Fan art caption contest. Need volunteers.

Started by Paladin Cecil, February 09, 2008, 12:51:35 AM

Paladin Cecil

I plan on holding a fan art caption contest on the 4th day of the convention and I'm gonna need some volunteers to help out, so if anyone would like to volunteer for this event, let me know.

I've got some things I'd like to mention regarding volunteer work:
1. There's no limit to how many people can volunteer.
2. Some of the things I'll need people to do are straightening out art entries, accepting entries, straightening out submissions and organizing them into categories.

I also wanted to mention that this will be my first time doing this and I don't know how many people will be submitting work or attending the event and in case a lot of people decide to participate in this event, it wouldn't hurt to have at least several people help out.
I'll have more information about this event in the future.

LadyKaren

Quote from: Paladin Cecil on February 09, 2008, 12:51:35 AM
I plan on holding a fan art caption contest on the 4th day of the convention and I'm gonna need some volunteers to help out, so if anyone would like to volunteer for this event, let me know.

I've got some things I'd like to mention regarding volunteer work:
1. There's no limit to how many people can volunteer.
2. Some of the things I'll need people to do are straightening out art entries, accepting entries, straightening out submissions and organizing them into categories.

I also wanted to mention that this will be my first time doing this and I don't know how many people will be submitting work or attending the event and in case a lot of people decide to participate in this event, it wouldn't hurt to have at least several people help out.
I'll have more information about this event in the future.

Have you run this by Fanime staff? Is this actually sponsored by Fanime or is it just something you're doing for fun.

Paladin Cecil

Paladin Cecil

I've got some more information to share for anyone who plans on volunteering.

The deadline for people to submit their work will depend on how much work gets submitted. So depending on the amount of submissions, the deadline will be at least 4 hours before the contest starts. Also, when we organize submissions, we'll have them put into separate categories, so it'll be a lot easier to locate certain kinds of work. If a small amount of work gets submitted, then we'll have at least most of the work get featured, but if a large amount of material gets submitted, it'd be a good idea for volunteers to help select submissions that would be best to use for the contest.

womanaconda

Hi,

Please refrain from using the term Volunteer to avoid spreading confusion. I'm not sure if you've worked something out with a different department, but it certainly isn't a part of mine. For the time being, a volunteer will not get hours counted from this event.

Thanks.

Kava

I didn't see this till now. Cecil - you really should post something like this in the panels forum, not here. This is for actual fanime convention staff, which you're not, so you can't recruit staff for your panel here.

Sorry about the confusion. =)

-Kava
Rena
Panels Coordinator 2007-2014
Programming Director, 2015

Panels Twitter: http://twitter.com/FanimePanels

Paladin Cecil

Oh. Okay. Sorry about that. I didn't know that. I'll post about it in the panels forum.