i think we should have a camping trip

Started by destranacion, February 09, 2008, 02:35:27 AM

destranacion

just throwing an idea out there! it would be cool to go to yosemite or shasta or big sur lol i just love crap like that so dont mind me jajaja
pika ball player!

official jesus of fanime con!

edendreams

there are places closer than those too. just a suggestion but might be best to choose a place closer to home for the first time just to make sure things go ok because if you go too far and something happens... o.O;;

But i like the idea! I haven't been camping in a long time! what about camping by santa cruz??

a little art by me ^-^

destranacion

santa cruz is great too! again nothing is set here so ideas are encouraged
pika ball player!

official jesus of fanime con!

LastElixir

point reyes national seashore is amazing, check it out.

DemonLordZabuza

Camping is awesome...something was planned a while back with other people and that seemed to work out well.  If there is a bear Im wrestleing it.  And camping in Santa Cruz is awesome, because you can wake up early and watch the sun rise or watch the sun set at evening time.  Plus swimming in the beach :D.  If we do somewhere close by, I might be able to talk to my step pops to let us borrow some equipment :D

"Even a demon can learn to love."
-Me

Kegan_Flame

You missed the Sequoia National Forest camping trip!! D:

camping is fun!

Sunara Ishi

Might be fun. But I dunno right now... >.>;
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

~~Loktera~~

I'm down. It'll even give me a chance to bring out the GPS for some Geocaching. :3

I have about 2 (4 person) tents and 4 sleeping bags at my disposal. I also have the vacation hours to spare, so if it's gonna be longer than a weekend. I'm down.
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

RyuHayabusa

i'm down with that idea as well. I love camping. lots :3 Haven't been camping in a while and yeah, I suggest the santa cruz mountains as well. We can plan this out as a summer trip, cause in the summer, everyone's on vacation and it'll be a lot easier to organize. Plus summer weather is hella awesome. Plus there are beaches nearby. It'll be an adventure. I have a Tent along with an inflatable mattress that can support up to 3 people.

It'll be fun.

Oh yeah, since me and edendreams hanged out and talked about it as well, we have to find a park that has facilities and other stuff for cooking and cleaning. I can probably research it.
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

shortpachoo

Sounds like fun.  Don't know if I still have any camping stuff though.

Fanime 2011 Staff: ??
Tech Minion: 2004-05, 2007-10
Video Programming: 2004-06
Staffer since: '04

Sunara Ishi

If it happens, my tent will be girls only. XP XP XP

るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

~~Loktera~~

A thought just occured to me... Most campgrounds require reservations, especially the more popular destinations. It might be a good idea to check with the areas that we are thinking about and see if you need to reserve a spot, because they tend to fill up rather early in the spring and stay that way through summer.

DemonLordZabuza

So I was talking to my parental figure, because apperantly camping is something my step father does quiet often...who would have guessed...anywho.  They currently have a site or two.  Didn't pay to much attention.  But now here is the thing, if you want to go anywhere good for the summer, you should book up in advance, sites get filled up, yes even in the santa cruz area.  Mother mentioned that if we wanted too we could stay at one.  But there is only a limited number of people that can stay the night.  Dont know the numbers, but we shall see what everyone else plans.

"Even a demon can learn to love."
-Me

JohnnyAR

Cool! I'll try to talk to my mom about it, I'll tell her that there's no need to worry. Are we gonna stay for one night? I would prefer if the camping trip lasted for two or three nights and a camping area that can provide a shower, is it normal if they have showers there ??? I need to give it more thought.

VictimX

I could not make the last camping so I'd like to make this one when its planned.

Chun

Sounds fun, camping. A nice relaxing time to sketch nature, etc~

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

JohnnyAR

wait so what are we gonna do at a camping trip?

Sunara Ishi

Quote from: JohnnyAR on February 23, 2008, 08:38:35 PMI would prefer if the camping trip lasted for two or three nights and a camping area that can provide a shower, is it normal if they have showers there ??? I need to give it more thought.
Depends on the place. The more rural and back to nature places don't. And some of the government owned ones also don't.

I think State and National parks might but I dunno about all County ones... I know that the one I normally go to does but its just one building and sometimes it isn't open to use.

Something that you all need to be aware of and I dunno if most have heard... a lot of the State and National parks are going to be forced to close due to government types not wanting to spend money anymore on the parks. Its really sad. They want to take the money for the parks and spend in "other" ways... I dunno where exactly but probably military... >.>; (btw, this includes beaches also...)
This might make picking out parks a little harder if you all end up waiting awhile.
And it would suck to drive out somewhere to one only to find its been closed.
So if there's anywhere you really want to go... you might as well go now cause once they've been closed, they may not open again.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O

~~Loktera~~

I know I'm going to do some freelance exploration, as I usually do because I am 1) Curious 2) a Geocacher. But i think most people will opt to hang out or wander around. I know that there will be a few people who will most likely want to cook. *Shrug* But it will most likely just be us living like hippies for a few days (But with more meat...)

Lactose

Quote from: ~~Loktera~~ on February 24, 2008, 07:04:30 PM
I know I'm going to do some freelance exploration, as I usually do because I am 1) Curious 2) a Geocacher. But i think most people will opt to hang out or wander around. I know that there will be a few people who will most likely want to cook. *Shrug* But it will most likely just be us living like hippies for a few days (But with more meat...)

meat is for noobs.

and this sounds fun.
Lactose = Liz