Weapons Policy

Started by TaikoMoon, February 12, 2008, 02:19:49 AM

TaikoMoon

Last year was real upsetting and almost ridiculous when it came to the weapons policy. I remember back in 2004 where the weapons policy were decent but now things seem ridiculous and blow out of proportion.

Myself and my sister (including her friends) were a group of Anbu. We had our little plastic swords zip-tied shut, than zip tied to our costumes. This took the fun out of a lot of posing and what not. I understand why there must be a policy however I would rather not have to have swords, stuff animals, mini kunai, and gun zip tied to myself. It limits poses and can be an inconvenience to the cosplayer.

I heard rumors of a proper weapons class or something where the cosplayer can attend a class or something become 'certified' to handle their weapons and allowed to carry it after being checked. Is there any way we can get that to happen?

Zip tying kunai/stuff animals to people's wrists and all that is really not a whole lot of fun. Those responsible enough with their 'weapons' should be allowed to carry them around and strut their stuff!

(sorry I posted this in the general chat forum. I thought I had posted it in here. ><; forgiveness please)
"Friendly fire isn't"
'08 cosplay(s) All still debatable:
Chibi Maya/tenjho tenge
Ibuki/Street Fighter