Fanimafia White Day Gathering-March 15th

Started by RyuHayabusa, February 17, 2008, 12:57:57 AM

RyuHayabusa

Ok, ININ organized the V-Day Gathering,so It's my turn to organize the White Day Gathering. The date, which is March 14th, falls on a friday this year, so the gathering will happen on the 15th, which is a saturday. It'll be from 2 p.m onwards and I'm thinking that maybe this year, instead of spending money on food and movies or something else, why not host it here at my house? It'll be like an all day movie watching day. Everyone brings their favorite movies and we can watch them as a marathon session lol. The only thing we will have to spend will be on food, but that is if everyone wants to get food outside or people bring food to cook in the oven or microwave. Anyway, If you guys would like to come, please post here and if you want to get my house address, PM me or AIM Me instead. Thanks :3

Edit at 1:30 a.m PDT:

Since a lot of people are going to be busy on this day, Might as well cancel it. Maybe next time.
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Kouri Neko

There is a possibility of me going.  We'll see how far I get in both my thesis papers..  I can probably swing by for a few good hours of fun.   :)
I'm not a Mecha Anime fan..

edendreams

I'll know if i can go when i get the march schedule.

a little art by me ^-^

PyronIkari

... To hell with white day, and I'm not giving up my steak and BJ day... seeing that I have a girlfriend.

Jun-Watarase

Eh? How do you have a gathering for White Day? It doesn't really make sense, though. o.o

Quote from: PyronIkari on February 17, 2008, 11:55:56 AM
... To hell with white day, and I'm not giving up my steak and BJ day... seeing that I have a girlfriend.

WHAT THE F#$@! I hate you.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

shortpachoo

I can go, now got to decide what movie should I bring

Just wondering if anyone can pick me up on there way to Ryu house?

Quote from: PyronIkari on February 17, 2008, 11:55:56 AM
No need to post that here, could of kept that to yourself. 

Fanime 2011 Staff: ??
Tech Minion: 2004-05, 2007-10
Video Programming: 2004-06
Staffer since: '04

Barnes

I'm in. Can I bring my extra tv? (remember Tap-X that one night?)
I'll look up my collection.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: Barnes on February 17, 2008, 01:36:30 PM
I'm in. Can I bring my extra tv? (remember Tap-X that one night?)
I'll look up my collection.

I think we have enough TV's here lol. Just bring movies :3
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

ININ

March 15 is the Nor Cal Cosplay Picnic at Treasure Island.  I'm attending the picnic.  Sorry, can't make the gathering.

~~Loktera~~

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on February 17, 2008, 11:56:54 AM
Eh? How do you have a gathering for White Day? It doesn't really make sense, though. o.o

Any reason to get together I guess.
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: ~~Loktera~~ on February 17, 2008, 05:47:01 PM
Quote from: Jun-Watarase on February 17, 2008, 11:56:54 AM

Any reason to get together I guess.

I guess, I mean, it's not bad to have a gathering or anything. It's just having a gathering for White Day that strikes me as odd, as it somewhat defeats the purpose of the holiday. It doesn't have the same "rules" and obligations as V-Day and whatnot, and is slightly more personal seeing as it's the guy's turn to return something personal to the girl he likes, if she happened to give something to him blah blah blah. It isn't fit for a mass celebration, and the fact that this tradition (not to sound racist) is kind of odd outside of Asians (specifically Japanese, Taiwanese, Koreans, and... (?)) to practice, especially outside of Asia/Asian communities, since guys normally give stuff on Valentine's Day in America, too.

White Day is fun, though. I normally get cake instead of chocolate. ... so maybe you can buy a big white cake or something, and all the guys have to be the ones that pay.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Chun

Unfortunately enough White Day is two days before my last lecture day, which then finals hit right afterwards. Have fun guys.

I haven't cooked for some people in a while (Save for some omelettes and pastas here and there). I'm pretty handy at making Chocolate Crepes (French Club Exp ++) usually on these days, or pancakes, but I never buy enough baking powder, or end up wasting it because it expires so quickly, hahaha.

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Chun on February 17, 2008, 07:23:48 PM
Unfortunately enough White Day is two days before my last lecture day, which then finals hit right afterwards. Have fun guys.

I haven't cooked for some people in a while (Save for some omelettes and pastas here and there). I'm pretty handy at making Chocolate Crepes (French Club Exp ++) usually on these days, or pancakes, but I never buy enough baking powder, or end up wasting it because it expires so quickly, hahaha.

~Chun

D'aww, I want Chun to cook for me. >:V

FanimaidCafe.com

Chun

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on February 17, 2008, 07:26:38 PM

I even made the bestest fake chocolate ever on V-Day!No I Didn't, but I could probably try, hahaha

~Chun

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Chun on February 17, 2008, 07:33:02 PM
Quote from: Jun-Watarase on February 17, 2008, 07:26:38 PM

I even made the bestest fake chocolate ever on V-Day!No I Didn't, but I could probably try, hahaha

~Chun

If you count melting chocolate in a pot making chocolate, so have I! ;; Minus the fake. Fake chocolate??? I hope that's not what... I think it is. ...

FanimaidCafe.com

Chun

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on February 17, 2008, 07:37:42 PM
If you count melting chocolate in a pot making chocolate, so have I! ;; Minus the fake. Fake chocolate??? I hope that's not what... I think it is. ...

Ahh.... no? hahaha

The chocolate is typically that "cake" or "other flavored" model I usually hear about from my friends in Japan. I've only made brownies from scratch and the like, but only assisted on a scratch cake (I don't believe in pre-made box goods...). One of these days I'll make one myself. I know how to fan strawberries and the fancy-yet-cheap techniques for puddings these days, so that should help a little.

~Chun

edendreams

lol i would so offer to make the white cake ... but i'm a girl :P

*I love baking cakes!*

a little art by me ^-^

Sunara Ishi

I'll have to call it by ear. May not be able to.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Barnes

Quote from: ININ on February 17, 2008, 01:58:15 PM
March 15 is the Nor Cal Cosplay Picnic at Treasure Island.  I'm attending the picnic.  Sorry, can't make the gathering.

Thanks for the warning. I'll have to find another way home. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Shinsengumi

Quote from: ININ on February 17, 2008, 01:58:15 PM

I might to go that too, so sorry Ryu, maybe next time
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).