So another question about staffing hotel situation.

Started by Gatsby, February 17, 2008, 09:54:45 PM

Gatsby

I know for e-gaming that I'll be in a room with some other people, but I can't have a friend stay with me. Well my original plan was to bring my friend with me, so I need my own room. There is no rule that I have to stay in a staff hotel room is there?

Tenba

Quote from: Darth_Diclonius on February 17, 2008, 09:54:45 PMThere is no rule that I have to stay in a staff hotel room is there?
It's possible your department might be disappointed if they're expecting you to room with them, but I'm pretty sure there can't be a Fanime-wide policy requiring staff to stay in staff rooms.  I live reasonably locally, so I went home at night during my first year as staff.  I get the impression that there aren't enough rooms to require all staff members to stay in one.

Gatsby

I wish I had known about that prior since I invited a friend along since she's never been to a con and couldn't afford a room without staying with me.

Krnchichiri

No, you don't have to be in a staff-room. It's just a perk that comes with being a staff member. ^^

If you want, you can get your own room at a regular Fanime member's price and room with your friend. Some staff don't stay at the con, some get deluxe rooms for themselves, by themselves (at the regular price), to simply enjoy the room. :3
Elizabeth [Chiri]
Registration Staff, 2007
Registration Staff, 2008

I AM AWESOME! :D

Tenba

Quote from: Darth_Diclonius on February 18, 2008, 01:40:58 AM
I wish I had known about that prior since I invited a friend along since she's never been to a con and couldn't afford a room without staying with me.
Considering that we haven't had staff hotel sign-ups yet (unless I missed the memo), it shouldn't be too late to talk to your department head and change plans, should it...?

LadyKaren

Quote from: Darth_Diclonius on February 18, 2008, 01:40:58 AM

Or you can get her to staff with you. :P