2008 Fanime Onigokko! (Super hide and seek tag!)

Started by bubydub, February 18, 2008, 11:10:42 AM

bubydub

Here is an example of a game of onigokko: http://www.crunchyroll.com/media-278372/Ya-Ya-yah-Extras-Onigokko-Revolutions-English-Subtitles.html Just an idea I had, haha. Onigokko is the japanese equilvalent of "tag and hide and seek", and it can be played on a grannnnd scale (aka Convention Center). Initially, there will be a 4:1 ratio to the hiders to the seekers, but as time goes on, more seekers are added to find the remaining hiders. The time limit is usually 1 hour, but 30 minutes would be better, as to make it more fast paced. Whoever can outlast the 30 minutes will be given....honor? A hider is out when the seeker tags them, so there will be running. As to not bother the rest of the convention community as much, this event will be in the night, when most of the convention/cosplay community will be gone in their hotel rooms chilling or whatever. To know who will be playing, all hiders will wear a bright bandana or t shirt or something, while seekers will be wearing something akin to the scream mask that is worn during halloween. What do you guys think and who is interested?
Another game: http://www.crunchyroll.com/media-124169/Ya-ya-yah-Onigokko-soldiers-at-Yokohama-Arena.html

LightandDarkSoul

This is very interesting. But with all the people around, it might be impossible. Plus, some people who participate might have heart problems(from being so scared) and the last thing we need a ambulance coming to the con

grant911

I think this would be very hard to pull of but if we could....
omgz it would be AMAZING!!!  ;D

Gatsby

This idea would be wonderful and I have an idea for a way it could work. Say there are 5 people playing. We could put say 10 different spots throughout the con where people can hide. All five people draw a spot and they can only hide in those spots. So once the 5 locations are drawn then they are gathered and given to the seeker. The seeker then would search those areas. It would still be hard to find someone in say the dealer room, but it would be a bit easier.