Fidel Castro is resigning?

Started by Barnes, February 19, 2008, 01:34:00 PM

Barnes

I just heard about this an hour or so ago. *Does a Google search*

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23232067/

It just surprised me, that's all. What do you think?

Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Shinsengumi

I heard about that last night on CNN news also that his younger brother Raúl Castro will take over.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

mDuo13

Ah well. I guess this means, in some ways, Castro wins. The CIA's been trying to kill or oust him for more than 30 years and now he's gonna retire and die of old age. It's kind of ironic, actually.

On the other hand, with any luck, Raul Castro can come to some sort of agreement with the United States. Though, I think we'll have to wait until after the Bush administration and its "don't-talk-to-those-we-don't-like" policies to do so.

DemonLordZabuza

Yea I was sad when I heard Castro was leaving.  Half of my Cuban jokes wont work anymore :( (Thinks of robot chicken episode of dance dance revolucion) 

"Even a demon can learn to love."
-Me

KawaiiAngel

Lolz, I <3 robot chicken

Yay, I hope now the US & Cuba can be friends...

I wanna go to Cuba, and not get shot at :-\

DemonLordZabuza

From my recollection you cant enter Cuba from the US of A, but you could enter from Mexico.  I want to go and buy me some Cubans :D

That is the cigars not people, people trafficking is expensive >.<

(Remembers other joke by Polo Polo, hijos de mieda :P)

"Even a demon can learn to love."
-Me

Glitch

Quote from: mDuo13 on February 19, 2008, 03:06:02 PM
Ah well. I guess this means, in some ways, Castro wins. The CIA's been trying to kill or oust him for more than 30 years and now he's gonna retire and die of old age. It's kind of ironic, actually.

On the other hand, with any luck, Raul Castro can come to some sort of agreement with the United States. Though, I think we'll have to wait until after the Bush administration and its "don't-talk-to-those-we-don't-like" policies to do so.
Indeed. I remember a few years ago a couple of companies got scolded because they had a trade show in cuba.(funny enough, jesse ventura was there.) Let's hope trade can finally be opened with cuba. The best way to fight a communism is by selling them capitalism...or something like that.

Golden State Warrior

It's kinda sad. In a way, I kinda grew up with him. I seen him in the news since I was five years old, all the way up to now. But you know what's crazy? I don't know a thing about him. Without any sort of research, I never figured out whether or not he is a bad guy. The United States Government sure portrays him as one, though.