WonderCon

Started by Kandybar, February 20, 2008, 12:43:41 PM

Kandybar

I know there's been some mention of it in other threads but it doesn't seem to have one of its own...who's going to WonderCon this weekend?  I'm planning on heading up on Saturday but it may be on my own, as I have a strong suspicion that the friend who's supposed to go with me is going to back out last minute.

Jerry

I went like 2 years ago for my birfday, its a pretty awesome Con...

but im still stuck at Cirque Du Soleil....  :P

I'm definately looking into Comic-Con the mother of ALL cons.

Enjoy ur time there this weekend. and dont forget your pics!

w00t!
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Krnchichiri

I *might* go either this Sunday or Saturday. I'm rooting on Saturday, though, because there's a Capcom panel/thing with Long Vo in it. I WANT HIS FREAKING AUTOGRAPH. D:< I'm still peeved that he wasn't at Fanime last year. D:< And there's a Gaia thing, but I don't really care about that as much as Vo. D:<

And I want to take pictures. Sunday, my sister can take me then, I think, but I also have to do this thing with friends and tour Frisco... which I'm thinking I wanna back out of... (yes, I like to ramble to myself on the internet)
Elizabeth [Chiri]
Registration Staff, 2007
Registration Staff, 2008

I AM AWESOME! :D

babytealeaf

I'm going on Friday and I'll also be at the Video Games Live concert afterwards ^^

ultramangaia

I`ll be going saturday and maybe sunday depending what panals and events are happing that day.The two stars and creator for the X-files tv and movies will be at the main media hall on saturday which I`m looking forward to going to.

I`m glad everything is inside the center since it`s suppose to rain all day.

OniCourseMusha

I'll be there saturday kicking back wit buddies and looking at dealers room.
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

Kouri Neko

Quote from: Jerry on February 20, 2008, 01:27:48 PM
I went like 2 years ago for my birfday, its a pretty awesome Con...

but im still stuck at Cirque Du Soleil....  :P

I'm definately looking into Comic-Con the mother of ALL cons.

Enjoy ur time there this weekend. and dont forget your pics!

w00t!

Same here.  No wonder-con for me.  I'll be at Comic-con for sure.  Hotel rooms are all sold out practically for Comic-con.  Good luck getting anything.  What can I say..  As soon as the Comic-con website is up and announces hotel rooms, they sell out within a few hours. 
I'm not a Mecha Anime fan..

Shinsengumi

I wish I could go but I don't have the money to go. sorry guys  :(
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

RyuHayabusa

I'm up in the air. I'll see if I can go or not :3
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Madro

No...I'm not able to make it. I don't have a ride, and money is too tight.
*is berry berry sad*

Is anyone going that doesn't play Gaiaonline?! *ears lift up*
Wanna snag me a gaia cash card!!?

hehehe...worth a shot.

To everyone who does go, have a blast! Take those pics and share em with us less fortunate. ;)

~Mari

SOawesomeness

o.0 I wonder if WonderCon is big? Or is it like, medium sized?
>.> I guess I'd see when I get there...

Madro: SURE! I R TEH COSPLAY PICTURE MANIAC. Sometimes. xD
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

Mizuki

I heard Capcom panel, I wanna see how well/bad Ono is doing with SF4.

OniCourseMusha

Quote from: Mizuki on February 22, 2008, 11:22:46 PM
I heard Capcom panel, I wanna see how well/bad Ono is doing with SF4.
Wat I heard from the people who tried the game at the Game Conference, they say give it a chance and its actually pretty good.  I'll pretty much check it out as well.
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

rude32

Well, Wondercon ended up bein pretty alright. Way too many people in the dealers room, but they had some good stuff. Got me a "Death Note" notebook, so watch out everyone. Also got Cromartie High The Movie too, so I'm pretty stoked right now. If you are my friend on myspace, you should go check out the pics too.
A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

Oniko

I went Saturday, no where near as good at Fanime imo.
I guess because I'm not into comics and superheros that much.
Fanime just feels.... bigger and I get completely swept away by it.  The dealer booths had high prices in my opinion and I decided to wait on a lot of items knowing I'll fine them fr better prices at Fanime.  The dealers room also felt way too small, you could barely move.  I didnt have much interest in any of the panels, but again thats just my taste.
Also, everything smelled =/ maybe cause everyone was so packed in but I just kept walking by smelly places.
It was an ok way to spend a saturday though.
06- Ragnarok Huntress / 07- Haruhi Suzumiya
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

RyuHayabusa

I was there yesterday. The only thing that I bought was a Kyou Fujibashi figure from Clannad. I took pics as well, mostly anime cosplays, with the exception of some superhero cosplay that I thought it was good. I'll post the pics as soon as I can. But yeah, I wasn't in the mood to go to the panels and the dealer's room was way too crowded. I did get to see some familiar faces though, so that was good and I have to agree with Oniko, it was an ok way to spend a saturday. The masquerade only had 2 anime cosplays and the rest, most of the stuff went over my head. Oh well.

OniCourseMusha

I felt like the panel was worth it for me especially seeing the cast of the movie.  I can't wait to watch the Harold and Kurmar sequel after watching the sneak peak.  Man the dealers room are just huge, even though I'm not too much into superhero stuff.  But hey, going around the con as brain age was alot fun than i expected.  I can't really treat this con like anime cons I attended since its main focus is selling american comics and superheroes.  I had fun in a different way than most other cons.
Kraken Con Staff

ultramangaia

I had fun in the dealers room and in the movie panels.Bought a few things and got to see a few actors and directors at the panels.On the the Star Wars panel they talked about a Clone war CGI movie in august followed by a Clone war tv series on adult swim in the fall.Looks like I`ll have to pay more money to get expanded basic cable to see the tv show on Adult swim.

OniCourseMusha

oh wow.....

What will my girlfriend has to say about this......  :o
Kraken Con Staff

RyuHayabusa

I posted my pics from the con. My gallery is here:

WonderCon 2008 Gallery