Trinity Blood gathering '08

Started by vasher, February 27, 2008, 07:11:57 AM

kimu

Forget about age, cosplay keeps you feeling young. Especially being creative and enjoying the social aspects.

If it helps reassure you I'm not some "super cosplayer"?
(I am very impressed too, by the 7-8!0 I'm slowly building, as I'm still relatively new to cosplay. I'll have 5 as of this year, but one is not an anime character.)
And 2 of my 4 costumes are previously worn, although being a perfectionist I am redoing the hilts on my shikai swords for my Bleach costume. I had to rush them a bit before San D Con last year. And I saved up the money for the wigs this year, because I've decided after my first tentative cosplay forays I am enjoying it and it's worth spending the money. Also because too many hair color changes would not be fun.
So only 2 costumes are new, one is Abel and one is from Twelve Kingdoms.
It gets easier as you make more of them, but then if you up the challenge factor....  ;D

I sometimes contemplate revenge on my friends for talking me into doing a TB costume. (But the worst is the cowards can pick characters for me but they won't cosplay themselves?!) Grrrr.
But the other part of me is really enjoying the puzzle solving, the different techniques it will take to make it, and best of all: I'm really enjoying the TB cosplayers I haven't even met in person yet.
Very very crazy, in a very fun sort of way. And very helpful!

Nightroad

Quote from: kimu on March 03, 2008, 07:39:43 PM
I sometimes contemplate revenge on my friends for talking me into doing a TB costume. (But the worst is the cowards can pick characters for me but they won't cosplay themselves?!) Grrrr.
But the other part of me is really enjoying the puzzle solving, the different techniques it will take to make it, and best of all: I'm really enjoying the TB cosplayers I haven't even met in person yet.
Very very crazy, in a very fun sort of way. And very helpful!

Thank you!!! I think it will be...fun and...interesting when we all meet in person!  ;D I shall take "crazy" as a complement and I can't wait till Fanime!!!!!!!!!!
Check out my fairly rescent DA account!
I wanna see my fanime friends on there!
http://robotdreams.deviantart.com/

vasher

Ok, I'm back.  C.com gathering time slot requested, as on the fanime forums.   I... might have made a thread previously, but let me see if I can dig it up.  Constant disintegration leads to absentmindedness. </3

Pfft, Abels, why don't you sell off some of your bling and get rich?  With the number of times your outfits get shredded into practically nothing (go Orden!), I'm sure your Vatican overlords wouldn't notice a missing cross or two.

the_Pink_Panther24

I'll be there as Dietrich, guaranteed.

favorite costumes ftw.

Nightroad

Quote from: vasher on March 04, 2008, 11:50:28 AM
Ok, I'm back.  C.com gathering time slot requested, as on the fanime forums.   I... might have made a thread previously, but let me see if I can dig it up.  Constant disintegration leads to absentmindedness. </3

Pfft, Abels, why don't you sell off some of your bling and get rich?  With the number of times your outfits get shredded into practically nothing (go Orden!), I'm sure your Vatican overlords wouldn't notice a missing cross or two.

SELL MY CROSS!?!?!?! I don't even HAVE one for my costume yet!!!

Please don't sherd my uniform to shreds! I need somethig to wear home!!!

YAY!!! Dietrich! Our group grows agian!(even if for the Orden!)

kimu

Hm, Cain complaining about "constant disintegration"?
Oh sure, next you are going to blame us for that, maybe? <looks at other Abel> Our fellow AX Agents give us grief, and the Orden, too. Not quite fair. Everyone else causes their fair share of trouble!
(Vasher--thank you for your work spreading the TB gathering word!)

Maybe you should get after Isaak some more, Cain. Wonder why he doesn't do a better job of it? Keeping the Contra Mundi in check, maaaybe? Having limbs just randomly fall off can't be fun. 
(Now that's a funny cosplayer idea for all the Cains, if something did fall off your costume at some point. Work it into the character: "Hmmm...I'm falling apart again. Oh, Isaaaaak....")

Sell off our bling??
What would the boss say to that?
If we don't keep a good accounting of our uniforms without just cause (like being attacked by the Orden or Brother Petros and his Inquisition), if we just showed up with some arrows missing or our rosary missing to a meeting with Cardinal Sforza?!!!
I can hear it already. Something about blah blah "really, Abel, we're adults" blah blah "taking better care of our things" blah blah blah "you will be receiving an invoice for the repair and replacement fees".
And shredding our uniforms again? Sister Kate will never let us hear the end of that! Call us AX Flashers or something.
<sigh>
Life in the AX is so hard....

;D

(And so is making a TB costume!!! Nightroad: are you debuting your Abel at Fanime, too? Or somewhere else first?)

Yeah for another Dietrich!
We'll have to help protect Esther! They're ganging up on us!

vasher

Quote from: kimu on March 04, 2008, 07:51:27 PM

Excuse me but who was it that dropped your loving older brother out of space?  That's right.  Do you know how long it took to find all the pieces?!  And Isaak is on a very important mission right now.  I think.    If any more bits of me fall off, I'll make sure to come after whoever is responsible.

Aha- so if you show up dressed improperly and without good reason, you shall be punished?  Then it's settled- time for the Orden to do you a favor and give you a good reason to lack clothes.  Not to worry, it's no trouble at all for us.  And with another Dietrich (hi!) to share the labor, it shall be positively entertaining. ^_^

Black Kawaii Kitty

Quote from: vasher on March 04, 2008, 08:41:25 PM

Excuse me but who was it that dropped your loving older brother out of space?  That's right.  Do you know how long it took to find all the pieces?!  And Isaak is on a very important mission right now.  I think.    If any more bits of me fall off, I'll make sure to come after whoever is responsible.

Aha- so if you show up dressed improperly and without good reason, you shall be punished?  Then it's settled- time for the Orden to do you a favor and give you a good reason to lack clothes.  Not to worry, it's no trouble at all for us.  And with another Dietrich (hi!) to share the labor, it shall be positively entertaining. ^_^

Lol sounds like there's going to be an all out love-filled brawl XD if we start ripping each other's clothes off we might get more fangirls than we hoped to imagine  :-[ hehe I can turn them into my little dollies =D

kimu

Quote from: vasher on March 04, 2008, 08:41:25 PM

And how quickly you forget why you were dropped out into space.
I think it will be up to us Abels to remind you of that reason.....we didn't just do it as: <yaawn> "Seth, I'm bored. Maybe to amuse ourselves today, we should try dropping Cain into space for fun!"

A reason to lack clothes?
tsk!
Some of us are more modest about these things. If we had a Leon, he might enjoy your offer on the clothes, but I don't think it'd work out very well. We're not exactly into serving up Earth flambe like you Rosenkruez types.
And besides, the Orden doesn't have the really cool capes we AX Agents have.
;)

As for another Dietrich and Dollies?? The imagery of Dietrich controlling a bunch of fan girls....
eeep!

Nightroad

I trough you out of space for a good reason Cain!!!!!!

vasher

'Why'?  You and Seth were feeling rather capricious that day, I suspect.  Or were you still sore over that little misunderstanding I had with Lilith?  It's not nice to hold grudges, Abel.

The coolness of my cape and all six of my wings make up for any lack of flair on my Orden's part.  Besides, the clean lines of the uniforms look dashing on their own rights.

Fangirl puppets?  Disturbing.  I approve.

Black Kawaii Kitty

Quote from: vasher on March 05, 2008, 01:03:11 PM
'Why'?  You and Seth were feeling rather capricious that day, I suspect.  Or were you still sore over that little misunderstanding I had with Lilith?  It's not nice to hold grudges, Abel.

The coolness of my cape and all six of my wings make up for any lack of flair on my Orden's part.  Besides, the clean lines of the uniforms look dashing on their own rights.

You stole our paychecks and used it to buy fancy clothes, and you still make me dress you for free  :P

Nightroad

Stealing the Orden's money for your own uniform!!! Shame on you Cain!

Quote from: vasher on March 05, 2008, 01:03:11 PM

I am allowed to be upset after what you did!!!

kimu

Oh, the delusion that is Cain wrapped in 6 white wings and "a cool" cape: "a little misunderstanding with Lilith"?
I think we'll hold onto our "little" grudges.
And maybe your Orden should demand more pay, more bling, and less work!
:P

I had a funny mental image of a photo set up with Dietrich controlling puppet fan girls oohing at Cain in some dramatic pose like some kind of Orden Fan Club.
Now that's most disturbing!

To balance that thought out, I'll use an image of other Abel and me with a couple plates of desserts to enjoy as part of our gathering....yes, maybe we should have some sweets on hand!
;)

vasher

Hmph, is this dogpile on Cain day?   ;)

So harsh to me, brothers, even defending my own Orden.  Remember that you too were once Contra Mundi.  And you're one to talk about more pay and less work, Abel.

Quote from: Black Kawaii Kitty on March 05, 2008, 01:07:48 PM
You stole our paychecks and used it to buy fancy clothes, and you still make me dress you for free  :P

Yes, but you get to undress me for free a few hours later.  I didn't hear you and Isaak complaining then.  Besides, we are not a democracy. <3  It was all there in the contract you signed when we picked you up.

Dramatic pose sounds right up my alley.  I should do the scene with the roses.  Or Seth's head.  Both! ^_^  Make sure to bring some fresh Methuselah blood along with the pastries.

Nightroad

"Fan girl puppets"? Cain you dirty dog! This Abel is wondering when your evil will end!!! The real fued between Cain and Abel: Cain steals Abels fan girls!!!!!! No fair! Give them back!
Quote from: kimu on March 06, 2008, 12:07:25 AM

To balance that thought out, I'll use an image of other Abel and me with a couple plates of desserts to enjoy as part of our gathering....yes, maybe we should have some sweets on hand!
;)

Hmmm sweets sound good!!! <3 Actually I got my Esther to do this cosplay by telling her at Fanime I'll drink tea with 13 sugars...She gets to take pics and enjoy the fact that that much sugar is REALLY sweet...I have tried it....REALLY REALLY sweet!!!!

kimu

Quote from: vasher on March 06, 2008, 08:42:31 AM
Hmph, is this dogpile on Cain day?   ;)

So harsh to me, brothers, even defending my own Orden.  Remember that you too were once Contra Mundi.  And you're one to talk about more pay and less work, Abel.

Quote from: Black Kawaii Kitty on March 05, 2008, 01:07:48 PM

Yes, but you get to undress me for free a few hours later.  I didn't hear you and Isaak complaining then.  Besides, we are not a democracy. <3  It was all there in the contract you signed when we picked you up.

Dramatic pose sounds right up my alley.  I should do the scene with the roses.  Or Seth's head.  Both! ^_^  Make sure to bring some fresh Methuselah blood along with the pastries.

oh! I'm wounded!!
You've got me...  :P
But some of us learn from our mistakes, and do our best to atone for them.
While others continue on, never learning, and keep trying to burn up the world.
;)

The Orden certainly has some wicked contracts, I can see that!
LOL!

As for the poses, Cain is such a drama king!
(But I do think it might make for some fun photo ops!)

Looks at other Abel...oooh...drinking real tea with real 13 sugar lumps in it....
eeeeyaaa
(Serious sugar high overload! I think this would be a scary thing to do! ROTFL!)

Nightroad

Quote from: kimu on March 06, 2008, 09:47:22 PM
oh! I'm wounded!!
You've got me...  :P
But some of us learn from our mistakes, and do our best to atone for them.
While others continue on, never learning, and keep trying to burn up the world.
;)

The Orden certainly has some wicked contracts, I can see that!
LOL!

As for the poses, Cain is such a drama king!
(But I do think it might make for some fun photo ops!)

Looks at other Abel...oooh...drinking real tea with real 13 sugar lumps in it....
eeeeyaaa
(Serious sugar high overload! I think this would be a scary thing to do! ROTFL!)

Yes we Abels have moved on with our lives!(unlike some I can mention! :P)

Yeah, one sip of tea with that much sugar and I start to vibrate!!!!!!!

kimu

<wonders if Cain brings another new prop to Fanime, namely a Seth head, will the Orden roomies toss him out into the dark of night for taking up too much room?>

Somehow, I could see trying to create the 13-sugar tea become some kind of stupid thing to do at a con tradition--perfect for a Saturday evening...wait--I've got it!! We should make Cain try it!

vasher

Hey hey, if my methods are still working, then it'd be against common sense to change them, and the world will look ever so much prettier engulfed in flames.

Quote from: kimu on March 07, 2008, 08:57:39 PM
<wonders if Cain brings another new prop to Fanime, namely a Seth head, will the Orden roomies toss him out into the dark of night for taking up too much room?>
*counts number of six foot props*

They very well might.  You guys don't mind if I room with you, right?  I promise not to bite.  Much.  :)

Somehow, I could see trying to create the 13-sugar tea become some kind of stupid thing to do at a con tradition--perfect for a Saturday evening...wait--I've got it!! We should make Cain try it!

...Um, that's not- you'll have to go through my official food and drink tester.  Go Dietrich! >_>;