Uu... Sick in bed.

Started by Jun-Watarase, March 04, 2008, 08:35:57 PM

Jun-Watarase

Lately, a lot of people I know in and out of the boards lately have been sick with a cold of some-sort... including me... meaning, lots of people stuck at home to chat with, or a barren desert with everyone stuck resting (or suffering at work.) It gets rather boring. To those tired of being unconscious regaining health, what do you do when you're sick in bed, and bored?

Get well soon now~

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

AnimeEmperor

I spend 99% of my life in my room anyway so....when i'm sick it doesn't usually effect my life so much.

~~Loktera~~

Hahaha.... You people and your weak immune systems. I haven't gotten a bad cold for a little over a couple years now, AND I work in a pharmacy.
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

otakuapprentice

I AM IMMUNE TO EVERYTHING, HAHAHAHAH!!!!!

joking aside, i dont stay in bed when im sick(which happens rarely); i get up and do stuff around the house.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: AnimeEmperor on March 04, 2008, 09:13:05 PM
I spend 99% of my life in my room anyway so....when i'm sick it doesn't usually effect my life so much.

I suppose I could say the same, as this is my lifestyle.

However... it sucks not having the option to do other things, like go out and whatnot. Even then, I prefer to do things, even lazing around, in healthy condition. Being sick sucks. ;__;

Quote from: otakuapprentice on March 04, 2008, 09:17:28 PM

joking aside, i dont stay in bed when im sick(which happens rarely); i get up and do stuff around the house.

Boo, I lack the energy to get out of bed when I'm sick.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

BrightHeart76

Sick as a dog and moving into a new apartment...loving it.  I took today completely off.  Spent the whole day watching TV and wandering the internet.  It was actually kind of fun.  Sadly I must return to work tomorrow.  To all the other sickies...feel better, drink orange juice.
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on March 04, 2008, 09:21:09 PM
To all the other sickies...feel better, drink orange juice.

Get well soon. Oh, funny thing about orange juice... A lot of Westerners suggest orange juice to aid healing colds and the like, but according to Asians, orange juice while sick is a bad idea, especially with sore throats, since citric acid tends to irritate the throat.

FanimaidCafe.com

Golden State Warrior

Drink lots of Orange Juice and get plenty of rest. Wear whatever keeps you warm, and throw the blanket over your head. You want to sweat it out.

Works for me.

~~Loktera~~

Also, if you drink too much orange juice, the citric acid and Vitamin C could result in possible cold sores. Which, if you weren't feeling good in the first place, you now have something to mark it with.
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

otakuapprentice

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on March 04, 2008, 09:18:38 PM

sucks for you.

VictimX

I was sick on one of the worst days and more so cause I had plans... valentines day... but hey it all worked out after I was better anyways I took several days off watching movies surffing the net and being board as can be so needless to say I missed work. I drank the clear fluids and oj but if it helped I couldn't say I get sick maybe once a year but with the people I meet, deal with and things I do everyday I'm surprised its not more.

shyguy_2357

the last time i visited a friend to help make her feel better she dissappeared on me...

from now on, im not gonna visit my sick friends if that means they never talk to me again.

thats what i get for trying to be nice to a girl...

pft.

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: otakuapprentice on March 04, 2008, 09:36:19 PM
Quote from: Jun-Watarase on March 04, 2008, 09:18:38 PM

sucks for you.

Why do you gots to be such a dick, Jesus. >=(

Quote from: shyguy_2357 on March 04, 2008, 09:48:43 PM
the last time i visited a friend to help make her feel better she dissappeared on me...

from now on, im not gonna visit my sick friends if that means they never talk to me again.

thats what i get for trying to be nice to a girl...

pft.

I... sure hope this is a joke.

FanimaidCafe.com

shyguy_2357

no, not a joke. i came to visit....

she smiled... she laughed... i hugged her and wished her well...

i left...

she went to work....

and then i never saw or heard from her ever again.

*sigh*

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: shyguy_2357 on March 04, 2008, 10:03:48 PM

i left...

she went to work....

*sigh*

You... could try contacting her again? o_0

FanimaidCafe.com

PyronIkari

i left...

she went to work....

*sigh*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

short_storiesgl

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on March 04, 2008, 08:35:57 PM

Lately, a lot of people I know in and out of the boards lately have been sick with a cold of some-sort... including me... meaning, lots of people stuck at home to chat with, or a barren desert with everyone stuck resting (or suffering at work.) It gets rather boring. To those tired of being unconscious regaining health, what do you do when you're sick in bed, and bored?

Get well soon now~
i r sorry
Dance Staff Second

otakuapprentice

Quote from: PyronIkari on March 04, 2008, 11:19:06 PM

i left...

she went to work....

*sigh*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
that was uncalled for.

shortpachoo

I have only been sick two times in the past while, usually never get sick though, just maybe a runny nose or something small.  The one I just had was about two weeks ago where I ended up get a bad cough and I could barely talk and had trouble breathing. Ended up spending about a day just laying in bed to recover and it still took about a half a week after that to have the cough mostly go away and be able to talk better.  But I can blame this mostly on biking to work in the mornings in the cold and working in a cold warehouse.  Didn't help that I already had a light cough to start off and all that probably made it worse.

Quote from: ~~Loktera~~ on March 04, 2008, 09:32:53 PM
Also, if you drink too much orange juice, the citric acid and Vitamin C could result in possible cold sores. Which, if you weren't feeling good in the first place, you now have something to mark it with.
Never had that happen and I drink a lot of Orange juice (can sometimes go through one of those big containers in about a day or less)

Quote from: otakuapprentice on March 04, 2008, 11:25:19 PM
Quote from: PyronIkari on March 04, 2008, 11:19:06 PM

i left...

she went to work....

*sigh*

that was uncalled for.

Just ignore his posts they aren't worth reading and he is ass most of the time anyway

Fanime 2011 Staff: ??
Tech Minion: 2004-05, 2007-10
Video Programming: 2004-06
Staffer since: '04

edendreams

yeah i was sick for almost 2 weeks still have a cough and i haven't gotten my appetite back. though i didn't go online during that time o.O

a little art by me ^-^