What Would Do If You Had A Million Dollars?

Started by Dragon Ninja, March 04, 2008, 10:22:03 PM

Dragon Ninja

With my million dollars, I'd split it in 1/2. I would use the first 1/2 to give to some charities and wildlife organizations and would keep the other half so I could use it to get nice stuff. Now when you talk about what you would do with your million dollars, you need to also include something that can help others.

Fanime 2013:
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto Shippuden)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
The 9th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Downloads & Fansubs are evil. Support the Anime industry. Buy DVDs NOW

SOawesomeness

I'd probably open up an after school activity place for kids after school for those who have nothing else better to do/to go. :3 Have optional sports, activities, things like that.

The rest would go to... just... college probably. Go somewhere that will accept me (which would probably be private school). =.=;;
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

VictimX

Quote from: Chiri Kcrinh on March 04, 2008, 10:29:40 PM
I'd probably open up an after school activity place for kids after school for those who have nothing else better to do/to go...

Thats pretty on to what I would do somewhat, like most young people who start to drive the big thing is getting that first car and some teens (like me at the time) what a classic or sport/tuner and since many first time drivers are not rich they buy used cars and work on them their selves with little help. I would like to open a garage to help them out and teach them the basics up, while I can see and understand the problems their (insurance, liability, etc...) this is a what if and thats what I would try to do, it just most schools no longer teach auto shop anymore (they didn't in my time) so its been learn what you can where ever you can when most people start to drive.

P.S. if you can tell I'm a bit of a gear head.  ;D

KawaiiAngel

I'd help buy my mom a house...and then go to Asia for a little while =]

redroses3164

I'd just put it in the bank until I go off to college. Then I'd use it on tuition, rent, food, and other such simple things.

The rest would end up being used for a house once I graduate. I'd probably donate some to my church since it's currently renovating some fixtures and we're slowly getting that done. It'd be nice to be a bit faster.

Yeah, yeah no fun. I think practically.

If I had a million dollars and it can't be used for stuff like the above, I'd blow it off and just buy a bunch stuff like figurines, decorations, and stuff I thought of buying but wouldn't since they're expensive such as different imported stuff.

OniCourseMusha

FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

Barnes

I'd retire in a cheaper state. Leaving only once a year for Fanime.  ;D
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Jun-Watarase

Really, a million dollars isn't much if you're considering buying a house in California, but it'd be at least enough to lift a good chunk of stress from paying the bank what normal people have to pay back after purchasing a home.

I don't know what I'd do... I guess, other than small things I might want, I'd spend it on a decent car, studies, and other conveniences to make life slightly easier. I've always sort of wanted to travel and discover what the world has to offer to me, but I have no idea how to budget such a thing. It's not the first time I've been asked this question, but I've never been able to come up with a decent answer.

I'd use a chunk of the money to aid friends and family, some of which are going through financial issues I'd love to help out with...

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

zoupzuop2

Plunk half of it into either a savings account or mutual fund, where it could either sit safely or grow further. SOMETHING'S gott'a go into my nest egg, ne?

Other half? Music equipment. One of the nex-gen consoles. Paintjob for my keytar. Go b@tsh!t crazy. :3
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

AnimeEmperor

Put it in the bank, and enjoy the interest.

AbsolutelyCursed

Eurobeat King

I'd pay off all of my credit-card bills..  :P

then i'd try to go to one convention per week, like cons that i wouldn't normally go to due to schedules & funds, and just repeat until con-season is over for the year. ;)  and then repeat it again for 2009.
"Freedom is the right of all sentient cosplayers."

Mister_E

"To chicks at the same time"

Kidding, kidding, I would by a lot of Storm and Clone Phase II armor.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

Shinsengumi

Start a arcade business or maybe video game store both US and Import games. Go to more conventions not just here but anywhere else.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

Golden State Warrior

I'd move back to Cali. And then, divvy it up so my mom, aunt, and uncles could get paid. Whatever I have left, I will pay all of my outstanding bills.

Barnes

Well, either my first post in here, or I'd just end up hiring Van Halen (with BassPlayer, hee-hee) to play at my birthday party.  :D
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Fructose

Tony

I'd take some out to pay bills and buy a car, leave about 50,000 as cash, put the majority into low-risk investments and the rest would go to angel funding.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

punk_parfait

I'd adopt more dogs than what's legal and spend the rest flying my pack and myself on our world travels. A good chunk would be spent on a life-size giant mammoth plush. :3

Kazuko

I would save it in mah bank, probally get that small studio apartment in san fran for college, tuitions for USF, getting a nice used car. then just store it

but i would also give some to family