COSPLAY CHESS 2008

Started by Ska_Kitti, March 08, 2008, 08:05:14 PM

Spalding

Is all about anime and fanime.

Yukari Kaiba

whoa didnt know doragon had started the chess game thread already XD
anyways, yes to confirm there will be a Bleach-themed Cosplay Chess game (consisting of Shinigami VS Arrancar, black and white respectively of course XD), though the time of that game hasn't been decided. can't wait to play - i did a game at Sac Anime last summer and its a ton of fun to do :D
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

Ska_Kitti

Already confirmed, Yu-chan. :] I'll be releasing the times of the chess later on.

Also, check the tabletop page on the website. I update it occasionally with Cosplay Chess and other things.
Cosplayer: 03-?
Fanime Staff: 04-?
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

obliviousedward

Fanime '16 Cosplay:
To be announced...!

doragon

Quote from: KevFox2169 on March 24, 2008, 12:14:55 AM
Oh your respective gods and deities. that sounds amazing.

I will be cosplaying as a Pokemon. and would defineatly hope to be utilized in some way for the orchestration of this amazingly good idea.

May I ask how the game is played? will there be like player 1 and player 2 that control fleets of cosplaying chess pieces? if so, thats stupendous. But to be fair, its hard to screw up something so purely great. I'd be happy to help in any way shape or form. PM me if you'd like services of any kind.
Yes, if you've ever seen either the AX or the ALA games we usually have players controlling the pieces on the board or to the side playing on a regular sized board, with one or two people moving them as the players do.  If that makes sense xD;

We'll have everything up soon about rule of the game and also how to reserve the board when things get cleared and the like ^__^
Stuff!

heeroyuy135

Quote from: Yukari Kaiba on March 25, 2008, 09:33:38 PM
i did a game at Sac Anime last summer and its a ton of fun to do :D
I was also in that game...I was the Ouran pawn :)
This is great news! I just caught some video of Anime Boston's Cosplay Chess...will it be as epic as some of the videos of past cosplay chess matches that I've seen?

doragon

Probably not, if I remember correctly, the Anime Boston moves were a little preplanned and we aren't having people move off the board to display attacks and such since that would take too long.
Stuff!

Mister_E

Quote from: HeeroYuy135 on March 30, 2008, 01:50:09 AM
Quote from: Yukari Kaiba on March 25, 2008, 09:33:38 PM
i did a game at Sac Anime last summer and its a ton of fun to do :D
I was also in that game...I was the Ouran pawn :)
This is great news! I just caught some video of Anime Boston's Cosplay Chess...will it be as epic as some of the videos of past cosplay chess matches that I've seen?
I saw that too, it took really long, and some of things they did were kinda pointless.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

Touya no Miko

Cosplay chess awesome! I always wanted to try this out! But, I barely know the rules of chess...^_^;;;;
OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!

MinaKitsune

Count me in! I'd obviously be the white side, since I'm going to cosplay as Near from Death Note ^^
.::Fanime 2010::.
Day 1: Tamaki Suoh (95% done)
Day 2: Not sure what to go as
Day 3: Not sure what to go as
Day 4: Not going

Ska_Kitti

Quote from: Touya no Miko on April 01, 2008, 01:33:15 PM
Cosplay chess awesome! I always wanted to try this out! But, I barely know the rules of chess...^_^;;;;

No worries. There will be a rule book floating around. Also if you're a piece, you'll just have to go where the two players tell you to go. :]
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

lycan510

you know ill be there. its just a matter of who...
Locked and Loaded, voices scream "Let's go!" "Come on!" "Do it!" "Here we go!"

Touya no Miko

Expect to see me there as Hibari from Katekyo Hitman Reborn then!
OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!

Ska_Kitti

UPDATES

If you haven't heard yet, there is going to be Bleach Chess. Details to follow. The time and location has not been set yet.

If you are planning to cosplay from a different series and play chess, here's some information (more to be released later:

-You MUST have a group of 34-36 people per game. (32 "pieces" + 2 players on standard chess board + 2 optional movers to move cosplayers)
-If a piece is late, you are more than welcome to give the spot to someone that is not already in the game being played.
-In general games, pieces do not always have to be fitting or appropriate to the color or fellow team mates. A queen character does not always have to be queen, or someone in all black doesn't have to be on the black side. It does look nice though.
-You are welcome to organize a game that has interpromotional franchises and genres (Naruto v Bleach, Ninjas v Pirates, Catgirls v Maids etc)
-Rental times are from Friday May 23rd until Sunday May 25th.
-Everything is first come first serve, however there will be plenty of opportunities to play!
-If you're going to be a player in the game, you don't need to know right then and there what costume you are going to be playing in. It is helpful to the organizer.
-When you have found enough people, you must email [email protected] and receive a confirmation from them. You must also provide: your real name that you are registered under FanimeCon (Fan names will not be accepted) and the genre of the Chess game. This is personal property, treat it with respect.
-Be committed to your group. If someone needs to leave temporarily or permanently from the game, please find a stand-in for them. If they are going to be gone just for a short moment then please try not to kill their piece. If you are a piece and are gone for a long time to tell the world you're in a chess game and find that your piece is dead when you return, understand why your piece is gone.

**I am still working out how Chess will be rented out to each group as well as the timeslots for when the games will be played. There are some time conflicts in my master schedule that need to be ironed out before I start delegating when the chess games will be.**
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

clawmaster

so you have to have a group to play and not anyone can sign up for a game on here and then organize it to where only those people will play in the game? sort of like how anime expo is setting theirs up?

check out our site, we cover all the latest news on both anime and video games and also we have a podcast http://missionstartpodcast.weebly.com/

Ska_Kitti

Well, you need 34-36 people for the game. If you're going to start a group, please do it asap so I know how many people are coming per game. Anyone is allowed to join. I'll be posting all of the information on the website soon... most likely late Sunday or Monday.

Oh, and by the way...

Bleach Chess will be on Saturday at 10am where cosplayers will meet at the snake monument in the park north of the Marriott.
---
Oh, yes... and also...

CHESS SIGN UPS
If you want to play chess, this where you sign up! There will be two games held each day, although I'm not so sure on Friday. I surmise we will hold two games that day. There will be a morning (not too early... maybe 11am-ish) and an evening (more like afternoon) game. If you are interested, post here! have friends to join? POST HERE. Blocks are as follows:

Friday
-uncertain of games... I will update later.

Saturday
-Morning
-Evening

Sunday
-Morning
-Evening

~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

shinjiboy

Sorry, I was under the impression that this was more of a casual drop-in and play.  I had no idea you have to sign up. 

clawmaster

I am in for friday. if it happends.

check out our site, we cover all the latest news on both anime and video games and also we have a podcast http://missionstartpodcast.weebly.com/

Ska_Kitti

Quote from: shinjiboy on April 09, 2008, 10:36:26 PM
Sorry, I was under the impression that this was more of a casual drop-in and play.  I had no idea you have to sign up. 

There is a major problem I see with people just walking up. My Second Lead and I are still debating the walk-ups because there could be a huge line/crowd where we don't want them without people to manage the line. There's also the issue of a group coming short of people and them having to grab cosplayers to join for the two hours instead of having them plan ahead. I'm having sign ups here only casually so I know how many to expect. At con when I know how many people are coming, we will likely have a block schedule (maybe from 3p-5p/7p-9p, times are not set). The scenario (as of now) is as follows:

-People show interest on the forums
-I take note of this
-More people sign up for groups
-Fanime comes in May
-People interested in chess game on Friday show up at the set time
-They proceed to rent out the chess set
-Everyone has fun. :]

Hopefully this helps. Let me know if there are more questions.

Clawmaster, I'll make a tally for you on Friday.
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

Tsen

aw this sounds like fun!!!
but i doubt i can do anything at the moment...XD
It would be really cool if there was a MÄR (Marchen Awakens Romance) themed game though  ;D