COSPLAY CHESS 2008

Started by Ska_Kitti, March 08, 2008, 08:05:14 PM

Ska_Kitti

Well there will be several games, most likely from a large random group of cosplayers. It shouldn't be a problem if you wanted to join a game with others.
Cosplayer: 03-?
Fanime Staff: 04-?
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

samcarter

Ooo I would so love to be one of the pieces one day ^_^
Fanime 2014
* Princess Chibi Moon
* Loli Wolverine
* Loli Megaman

heeroyuy135

Quote from: Ska_Kitti on April 24, 2008, 11:10:17 AM
Well there will be several games, most likely from a large random group of cosplayers. It shouldn't be a problem if you wanted to join a game with others.
That sounds like fun!

Ska_Kitti

Well I have some announcements to make! I have some themed cosplay chess events and some I'm looking to fill!

Friday: SNK v CAPCOM (BIG MAYBE)
Saturday: BLEACH Chess and Kingdom Hearts Chess (MAYBE)
Sunday: Ouran Chess (MAYBE) and Naruto Chess

I'm not so sure that the Friday game will happen. The organizer of the gathering may not have enough people. KH organizer hasn't replied to me... but I can be hopeful! Ouran organizer will be spreading the word.

If I can't find something to fill up the time on Friday, the cosplay chess will be a random game of whomever I can find in costume. :]

EDIT: Here is the website for MOST OF THE RULES on Cosplay Chess
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

heeroyuy135

Did somebody say Ouran Vs. Naruto? Holy Heartfailure Batman!

Zero_Kirby

Ska_Kitti

oO Ehhh.... I suppose I wasn't clear enough?

"Ouran Chess AND Naruto Chess" This might be problematic if we had Ouran vs Naruto. ^_^ Please observe the differences.

I am still hopeful for the SNK/CAPCOM chess... >> I may need to dress up for it or something lol
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

Yuu

Oi, so are there two chess games with bleach characters? This one, and the all Bleach game?

if you don't have all the players, I'd love to play. I could always sign up as a buck up player too.

misosoupaddict

To anyone organizing a KH cosplay chess game, i'm interested! Me and my sister are Namine and Kairi. I don't mind being a pawn, since two hours away from my art table sounds iffy... ^^; And... Namine WAS kinda a pawn... LOL SYMBOLISM
Find me in Artist's Alley 2011!
deviantart gallery

BrightHeart76

I'm having some trouble getting enough people from the Naruto Gathering to do an all Naruto game.   :'(

Anyone else having this problem?  Anyone want to challenge us Narutards in an all out chess grudge match?
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Ska_Kitti

There is only one Bleach Chess (which is the one I mentioned above).

I'm HOPING I can give enough people for KH and for Naruto. I'll need 16-17 people for each "side".
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

liger0sniper

If you still need people for KH chess, I wanna join! I'm gonna be Sora from KHII. Check out the KH thread, I'm sure a lot of people want to join.

BrightHeart76

Since I'm having a hard time getting enough Naruto players...how do you feel about a Naruto vs. Bleach game?  I think that could be done....let me know.
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Ska_Kitti

Well as far as I know, there's probably going to be more than enough cosplayers for BLEACH. If we can't do a full Naruto game, then maybe we can find people at the con. The Chess games are going to be advertised during the con. Good luck.

Also, about the KH game, I contacted the organizer and received no response from them.
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

addy

if you need any players. I'm upf or it :)

Inuyasha72187

I will be cosplaying as Inuyasha, and would love to play Chess.

error00004

O:

.......would it be kinda like the Cosplay Chess thing in Boston?
Cosplays 10:
Noctis-FF XIII Versus
Mikuo-Vocaloid
Blood Seras-Hellsing
Dizzy-Guilty Gear
Dark Shiek-LoZ

Yuu

Oi if you want to play cosplay chess, go here:  http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,9718.0/topicseen.html

We DO need people. Also, it's my understanding that it is not restricted to Bleach and Naruto.

Ska_Kitti

Quote from: Yuu on May 17, 2008, 10:22:08 AM
Oi if you want to play cosplay chess, go here:  http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,9718.0/topicseen.html

We DO need people. Also, it's my understanding that it is not restricted to Bleach and Naruto.

Well this is actually the thread to let me know if people want to play chess... lol. xD

Here is a list of vacant game times:

FRIDAY @ 6PM <--- This would most likely be the Random Cosplay group where ANYONE not themed can play.

All other times for cosplay chess (with the exception of Bleach and Naruto) are not set in stone. I am still waiting on a confirmation for Gijinka Pokemon Chess and Kingdom Hearts Chess. If these groups do not show, then there will be a vacant spot for people to play.

I didn't go to Boston for cosplay chess... so I wouldn't know. I don't think it'd be very different though.
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

Yuu

Quote from: Ska_Kitti on May 17, 2008, 01:26:45 PM
Quote from: Yuu on May 17, 2008, 10:22:08 AM

Well this is actually the thread to let me know if people want to play chess... lol. xD

Here is a list of vacant game times:

FRIDAY @ 6PM <--- This would most likely be the Random Cosplay group where ANYONE not themed can play.

All other times for cosplay chess (with the exception of Bleach and Naruto) are not set in stone. I am still waiting on a confirmation for Gijinka Pokemon Chess and Kingdom Hearts Chess. If these groups do not show, then there will be a vacant spot for people to play.

I didn't go to Boston for cosplay chess... so I wouldn't know. I don't think it'd be very different though.

Oh they're basically the same thread?? Sorry bout that.
I don't  want to seem like I'm jacking your event..Just trying to help out but I do get a little too enthusiastic sometimes. >>