What Anime Series Has Touched You?

Started by Dragon Ninja, March 16, 2008, 12:15:37 AM

Dragon Ninja

One Anime series I can think of is Wolf's Rain. It gave me a better understanding about wolves; how beautiful, majestic, and awesome creatures they are, and we must protect them. I once went to a wolf sanctuary and got up close to them and pet and get kisses from them. I felt close to them.

Here's the website:

http://www.wolfmountain.com/

Alright, now it's your turn. Talk about what Anime series has touched you.

Fanime 2013:
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto Shippuden)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
The 9th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Downloads & Fansubs are evil. Support the Anime industry. Buy DVDs NOW

Mister_E

EUREKA SEVEN: THE PLASM OF PLANET!

It is one of the best animes out there!

Full of Action, Humor, Drama, and Romance!

50 episodes, set 10,000 years in the Future and has giant robots called LFOs that right surfboards in the sky!

Great music as well!

A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

heeroyuy135

Placed Promised In Our Early Days
There's something about that film that connects to me...it reminds me of events that occured in my life.
I would also say 5cm Per Second, but I haven't seen that yet.

rawrgamr

Fruits basket...I used to tear up at the opening song lolz

BrightHeart76

Howl's Moving Castle.

As I get older the story of a young girl trapped in an old woman's body seems to speak to me more and more.  Not to mention I just love the story.  ;D
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Mizuki

Hokuto no Ken. If you don't cry a lot watching/reading the series you don't deserve to live.

questionette

Spirited away and just about any other hayao miyazaki film, he makes me feel like an innocent and untainted little kid again  :D

MikoChika

5 Centimeters per-second was pretty touching. But I must say the one that touched me the most, now this may sound weird or unexpected, was Witchblade. o_o
Yeppers. Sure it's got monsters, action, sexy girls in pratically nothing, nearly ever boy's ideal fan service anime next to Boys Be... and a few other animes that currently elude my memory.
But it was just somethign about that mother daughter thing that got to me.
It also helps that I'm a huge fan of the Witchblade storyline and in my opinion, they did a good job with this version, though not my fav.
Please, don't feed the moogle.

Evangelion Xgouki

5 Centimeters per Second was a really touching movie.  A very real look at relationships from different PoVs imo rather than those Hollywood portraits of always working out in the end  :-\.

Oh, and my favorite of all time: Neon Genesis Evangelion.  The characters and their development, not to mention the many faces of humanity made for a lot of thinking.

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

Fruits Basket! Anyone remember when Momiji was telling the story about the man who kept giving his stuff to people until he had nothing, not even a body? That made me cry. It was sooo touching. I didn't cry the first time I saw it, but the second time got me. What I love about Fruits Basket is the morals it has to share, like social skills (Kyo-kyo!) and how to deal with the death of a parent (Tohru-chan) and the numerous others I can't remember. >.<;

Kandybar

The last ep of Cowboy Bebop really did a number on my emotions.  I had to go watch some Trigun to get it out of my system.

blancoisma

Last Exile, hands down. Not only is it my favorite series of all time, but I grew attached to several of the characters. Everyone from crazy and idiotic Dio and the ever caring and quiet Luciola, to Maestro Delphine herself.

In particular, the relationship between Dio and Luciola is what touched me. My god, everytime I watch the last couple episodes ( won't spoil anything ) I just cry. Very great series, and very underappreciated.
"Well, I'm already going to hell for kissing you so I may as well take the scenic route."

-Aaron Davis, Latter Days

EndOfWords

Hm. I'd have to say Death Note and Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni.
Both of them made me laugh.
Also, they helped me think more about what was goin on behind the scenes of what was apparent

BobMakihara

Fushigi Yuugi.

The theme of love, even across dimensional boundaries, and the struggle to hang onto it at all costs.  There is something a bit pure about it that really gets to me.
The Fanime Sax Guy.
Cosplays:
Bob Makihara from Tenjou Tenge (100%)
Kaoru Kaidoh from Prince of Tennis (100%)
Captain Jack Sparrow (95%)
Dee Jay from SFIV (95%)
Ren Jinguji from Uta no Prince-sama (100%)

Hylia

Elfen Lied.
First episode I cried

From laughing so hard! THE CARNAGE! OH THE VIOLENCE!?!?!

Seriously now, I think the anime was called Air? About a girl who was dying, and if she would feel true love she'd die instantly? Something weird like that. If someone knows the anime, lemme know if I have the name right!

Quote from: EndOfWords on May 27, 2008, 10:08:11 AM
Hm. I'd have to say Death Note and Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni.
Both of them made me laugh.
Also, they helped me think more about what was goin on behind the scenes of what was apparent

Death Note had an awesome ending. Cheers to you!

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on March 22, 2008, 09:28:34 PM
Howl's Moving Castle.

As I get older the story of a young girl trapped in an old woman's body seems to speak to me more and more.  Not to mention I just love the story.  ;D

Howl's Moving Castle was pretty cute!
NO SIGNATURE OH SHIT
(Arigato)Alex

Akito Starwind

Dealers Room Staff 2004
Dealers Room Staff 2005
Dealers Room Staff 2006
Dealers Room Staff 2007
Dealers Room Staff 2008