Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Mordyan

Wow thats a pretty awesome line up! I am definitely down for several of those shows!

Jidai Geki

Wow, Uchū Kaizoku Kyaputen Hārokku and Ginga Tetsudo 999 in the line up... No Uchuu Senkan Yamato???

Does anyone remember any of these shows: Sei Jūshi Bismark, UFO Senshi Daiapolon, Yuusha Raideen,  Kagaku Ninjatai Gatchaman or Yattaman... All Late 70's - Early 80's

I'll try to spend some Con time here... But I'll mostly be working in the dealer's room.

the otaku god

oh theres yamato but i deceided to screen the movie instead on sun at 9:30 am in the film room video room 2. we deceded to screen Space battleship yamato - final(1983).

as for these http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=2401 , http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=1990 , http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=4 , http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=1746

i only know 3 of them Sei Jūshi Bismark i never heard of but if this room is very popular then we will try and add thouse shows next year.
is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? is it like the hand of god hovering above? at least it is true that man has no control, even over his own destiny.

Jidai Geki

Quote from: the otaku god on May 03, 2009, 09:11:25 AM
i only know 3 of them Sei Jūshi Bismark i never heard of but if this room is very popular then we will try and add thouse shows next year.

My bad... I got caught up in the title list above... I forgot there is just so many hours in a day... Next year's list is fine and it gives me a reason to return next year if this video room works out. 

Sei Jūshi Bismark was not a successful anime in japan that's why many haven't heard of it or remember it, but it came to the states in the mid-80's and was re-editted... retitled to Sabre Rider and the Star Sheriffs... Bummer, now I have that thme song in my head again.  It was broadcast on Ch26 at the same time Robotech was on CH44.  I wanted to know if anyone has/seen the actual Japanese episodes to find out why it failed.

One last thing... Any of you out there old enough to remember a local program on KTVU CH2 called Captain Cosmic?

lyricaldanichan

I hope we get a lot of people to check out that room a lot of good stuff! Kinda neet to see Kimagure Orange Road and Yamato!

Mordyan

Quote from: Jidai Geki on May 03, 2009, 02:44:16 PM
One last thing... Any of you out there old enough to remember a local program on KTVU CH2 called Captain Cosmic?
Sure do. I remember watching on Captain Cosmic's show (with 2t2) Ultraman and The Space Giants (Ambassador Magma) with Goldar, Silvar, and Gam. There were my first intro to a tokusatsu series. I also mailed away for the decoder card so I could read the secret messages during the show.

codex biblio

Thank you! You just gave me a reason to stay around longer on Monday. Will definitely check-out the room during the weekend.

Kandybar

Jidai Geki

Quote from: Mordyan on May 03, 2009, 11:19:51 PM
Quote from: Jidai Geki on May 03, 2009, 02:44:16 PM
Sure do. I remember watching on Captain Cosmic's show (with 2t2) Ultraman and The Space Giants (Ambassador Magma) with Goldar, Silvar, and Gam. There were my first intro to a tokusatsu series. I also mailed away for the decoder card so I could read the secret messages during the show.
I still have my decoder card and I just framed it about a month ago in honor of Bob Wilkins... It was sad that he passed away this past January from complications from Alzheimer's disease.  I've seen tokusatsu series before the Captain Cosmic show, but it amazed me that he took such a risk to air them on american TV.  I heard that KTVU gave him this fluff job just to serve out the remainder of his employment contract... they told him make a kid's program and gave him a few thousand dollars...  But, Bob took the challange and rubbed it right in their face, because his show was the highest rated local program in that 4:30pm time slot.  He aired the old Flash Gordon series 1 & 2, Space Giants (Ambassador Magma), Star Blazers (Uchu Senkan Yamato - Quest for Iscandar & Comet Empire), Ultraman, Johnny Sakko and his Giant Robot (Giant Robo), Spectreman.  This caused other stations to look into Japanese entertainment... CH.44 ran Battle of the Planets (Gatchaman), Robotech (Macross Saga) and Sailor Moon (Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon).  Ch.26 ran Jinzo Ningen Kikaider, Yushaa Raideen, UFO Senshi DaiApolon and Sabre Rider and the Star Sheriffs (Sei Jushi Bismark)... KTVU in the early 90's revisited what Bob started by broadcasting "Ranger" series, redubbed anime, and Ultraman Tiga... And here we are today.

So in a way, I believe that if it were not for Bob Wilkins, we would not be here discussing "Old School" anime.
BOB WHEREVER YOU ARE, THANK YOU!!!

the otaku god

I just want to say thank you all for all this buzz. Like I said though I need your help in promotoing this room. If there is no support for it durring the con we can never do anything like this again. So please tell your friends and your otaku community, now and during the con about this room. Help me help you!
is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? is it like the hand of god hovering above? at least it is true that man has no control, even over his own destiny.

darkcard777

Im all for some of the good ole stuff, but imo theres too much old school stuff on the schedule this year and not enough of the new stuff v.v

elizacuts

I would love to see more Urusei Yatsura and not just the 'movies' that get played at almost every other Con. It'd be really cool to see some of the best known UY episodes. While UY is great I think a full length movie might scare some people off, but if you give them a few episodes they just might be intrigued. I loved to see actually an AnimEigo room at fanime next year.