About the State ID req.

Started by NobuxD, March 31, 2008, 01:02:34 AM

NobuxD

So I was looking through this Registration section of the forums and I didn't find any questions about this.

It's probably a stupid question but: If you registered for a DMV ID but it doesn't come in time for fanime, how would you be able to pick up your badge?

Let's say I'll be the example: I have no Driver's license, no passport, nothing but a school Identification, 2007 Fanimecon Badge, Trade school ID, and an Otaku badge from 2007 Fanimecon. If they ask me for an ID but I don't have it at the time, is there a possible option for me to be able to obtain the 2008 Badge?

Kazuko

I dont know if any of thoes could work unless they have a birthdate? but still getting a state ID is ideal

an ID comes in 2-3 weeks, mine came in two weeks and it was pretty fast unless you get it a day before fanime then well I dont know how your going to get your badge

NobuxD

As much of a horrible reply I can come up with.. I'm most sure that my name will be the only one at fanime (don't want to say to be secure) since it's very Unique. Positively, my School IDs have a picture of me as well as my name and my Otaku ID is me drawn cartoonishly with my name on it. And my Badge from last year as well has my name on it. If I can provide any use of my name without having a state ID (like a birth certificate copy) would that work?

phoenixphire24

From all the threads and questions about this, the bottom line is that you need an official ID-either CA ID/driver's licence or passport. So I guess the best advice is to go and apply NOW and you shouldn't have any problems getting it in time. If you don't get an ID in time, then you could email the registration people, but I doubt they'll have much sympathy if you wait until right before the con.

NobuxD

Meh.. well that sucks :[ Today I tried going to the DMV only to find out it's closed cause they celebrate Caesar Chavez holiday >.> I end up today going home not knowing when the next available time for me to actually go to the DMV again.

Ari

Go immediately tomorrow going in tomorrow will give you 2-3 weeks plenty of time unlesss it gets lost in the mail. We still have like 2 more months till fanime

NobuxD

Haha yeah.. that's what I plan on doing.. Thanks a lot :]

Chewie

All that aside, email registration now. Let them know what is going on. The sooner you say some thing about it, the more chance you have of getting an exception made.

By all means, still try to get that ID, but start the alternative process now.

NobuxD

Most definately I will Chewie :] Thanks for the info!

Chewie

NobuxD

Chewie

M

Quote from: NobuxD on March 31, 2008, 07:44:55 AM
As much of a horrible reply I can come up with.. I'm most sure that my name will be the only one at fanime (don't want to say to be secure) since it's very Unique. Positively, my School IDs have a picture of me as well as my name and my Otaku ID is me drawn cartoonishly with my name on it. And my Badge from last year as well has my name on it. If I can provide any use of my name without having a state ID (like a birth certificate copy) would that work?
The reason why we require a state issued ID with a birthdate is that there are numerous ways to fake a school ID, work related ID, etc.

Also, I get the last word. :)
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!