Could we have a Tech Support forum?

Started by Sunara Ishi, April 15, 2008, 03:55:35 PM

Sunara Ishi

I think it might be helpful to have a place to post about issues with the main website.
I know there's a place for just the forum but I feel that I shouldn't put posts about the website there.
As I'm sure there might be common problems that need attention or issues that forum members might be able to help with, I think said forum would be a good idea.

I'm been having some problems with links on the website.
I cannot open the link on the MusicFest page.
I think its supposed to redirect to the MusicFest website but I can't access it.
Neither Firefox nor Internet Explorer recognizes it as a page.
Instead it treats it as a download. And even if I just try to open it, it doesn't open.

Said forum and/or help would be much appreciated.
Thanks.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

sunrise-oasis

i have a different issue. everytime i go to the links provided by fanime, i keep constantly getting an error 404 and yet the background is still there!...either its on the works or there might be heavy traffic. i will wait and see if this gets resolve (note: i had to google and do a 'Cache' to get here)

crazychichi

Quote from: sunrise-oasis on April 17, 2008, 10:58:41 AM
i have a different issue. everytime i go to the links provided by fanime, i keep constantly getting an error 404 and yet the background is still there!...either its on the works or there might be heavy traffic. i will wait and see if this gets resolve (note: i had to google and do a 'Cache' to get here)

What type of internet connection do you have? --I only have random problems like that if I go through a computer with dial-up, not broadband. *hugs wireless cable modem*

But anyways, a tech support forum would be nice, to at least report any forum/website issues. 

Fanime Safety on Site 2008
Fanime Rovers 2007

sunrise-oasis

this may sound stupid but im using Netscape!..i know its dead so im using opera for now.....
Was thinking of going firefox but I don't want a load of people hearing "do so its the best" No..im not a type of person who "Joins a bandwagon" !!!!

Points opera (((nintendo Wii)))

M

Quote from: sunrise-oasis on April 17, 2008, 03:29:20 PM
this may sound stupid but im using Netscape!..i know its dead so im using opera for now.....
Was thinking of going firefox but I don't want a load of people hearing "do so its the best" No..im not a type of person who "Joins a bandwagon" !!!!

It sounds like your browser is caching files incorrectly. When you go to a page that shows the 404 page, can you try doing a complete refresh (it's SHIFT+F5 for most browsers).

As for not using Firefox because you don't want to 'join [the] bandwagon', I would honestly suggest that you try any of the updated browsers (Not just Firefox, but even Opera/Internet Explorer/etc.). ;)
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

sunrise-oasis

Quote from: MPLe on April 18, 2008, 10:05:15 AM

It sounds like your browser is caching files incorrectly. When you go to a page that shows the 404 page, can you try doing a complete refresh (it's SHIFT+F5 for most browsers).

As for not using Firefox because you don't want to 'join [the] bandwagon', I would honestly suggest that you try any of the updated browsers (Not just Firefox, but even Opera/Internet Explorer/etc.). ;)

well i already updated wii's Opera browser which is now replaced by its own -_-!...so its going to be hard to see this but i can try!

G.I.R

May I suggest Safari?

LadyKaren