Worst con experience

Started by Amon_Devilman, April 16, 2008, 08:32:51 PM

Amon_Devilman

Share your convention horror stories. I may even share mine if enough people post.

JTchinoy

A girl kicked my box and ran like a little bitch.  If I caught her I would've debadged her myself.

Nothing bad really happens at fanime IMO.  except manfaye

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Mister_E

In '06 I was Glomped for the first time ever, I thought he wanted to fight me but he liked my Tetsuo outfit, I put him in a headlock thinking that there was going to be a fight then con ops broke it up, we met up again and said our sorrys.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

Moonblossom

The badge pickup line at AX in 2005, by far. I swear we were there for like, six hours. It was my first con and I rather idiotically wore a skirt, but I got so tired I sat down on the floor with my legs crossed anyways. I'm sure a bunch of people got some interesting views of my undergarments >(

otakuapprentice

Quote from: Amon_Devilman on April 16, 2008, 08:32:51 PM
Share your convention horror stories. I may even share mine if enough people post.
there is already a couple of threads dedicated to con experiences; check within "General Convention Discussion" to find them.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Super No 1

Are we talking about Fanime or any con?  I have nothing bad to say about Fanime.
Nergene A.
-super-no1.com - (Owner)
-J!-ENT - (Staff Photographer)
-Cosplay Underground - (Cosplay pictorials)

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Hmmm...let's see, I'd say it's a tie between:

- Some road raged woman hit me from behind...at a Drive-Thru at Taco Bell while at AX 2005.  Then, she blamed me for going too slow.  She drove off the scene (aka Hit N Run).  Police came over and declared it a no-hit, given there wasn't any significant damage...despite cameras and license plate of evidence.

- Getting my Wii Remote costume shot with a B.B. Gun while eating at AX 2007 and the kids ran.
eGaming Head / FanimeCon, SacAnime, Y-Con, Kintoki-Con, Deceptikon
Tournament Director / AOD
Anime + Gaming Article Lead / GreenTeaGraffiti
Cosplays: Wii Remote, Pink DS Lite

Kazuko

'07 pre-reg line was long it was like the people on who reg at con went in faster, there was drama between people in my hotel

in 05 my foot was sprained from getting glomped on by a girl wearing a lolita outfit of epic FAIL and heels

If i see cat ears on a lolita outfit i swear theres going to be throwdown!!!

also having money stolen =\ while I CLEARLY told my friend to watch my bag but no she had to be a dumbass and run arround leaving stuff there

K&K4ever

Almost all of AX 07, the only parts that I really liked about it were getting to see my Southern California friends and the Gatherings (aka the attendee coordinated events)
The sun was raising up above the high
and dense entangled spider's web.  The dew
was dripping from the silky strings and down
through canopy to underbrush.  It splashed
the puddle making one more fountain spring.

rude32

Getting food poisoning back in 02 from Denny's. Spent the next day at the con sick as all hell. Haven't eaten Denny's since then.
A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

Jerry

2006 - first day i got into a fight with a girl who was talking smack about cosplayers. had to deal with (her and her friends) silent treatment for 4 days only to be stiffed on ALL my expenses and they claimed i never asked them to pay for their share of the hotel, because i gave up talking to them because they wouldnt talk back to me.

Pft. Women.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

BrightHeart76

Broke two toes when I kicked my chair in the hotel on the last day of the con last year.  Made me grouchy for the rest of the day. 
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

K&K4ever

XpHoBiaX

I was a fangurl! XD

I was only there for a saturday!

Bought 3 badges at pre reg for me and two of my best friends. Paid for a hotel room.

the first "friend" decided she wasn't going to go, nor pay me back. The second didn't want to stay for the weekened, and we had to drive home so he could be with the other 'friend'.

I broke my ankle in platforms.

I re tore my lumbar muscle and couldn't do much. Sciatica and what not. Gawd it sucked. That an my car blew up upon arrival at the con.

K&K4ever

J-rock con 2006:

. . . Drama Like no ones business! My friend had organized a party, but since her Mom came and screwed all of us over, she left us with too much food, and no where to go, thank goodness, a friend was able to let us stay the night.

AnimeEmperor

Masquerade Fanime 06. I sat outside for hours by myself in the sun in line, the place it was held at wasn't comfortable, and unpleasant, and I ended up sitting practically in the front so waiting in line was pointless.

Chun

2006: Megami Deluxe of Nanoha A's and Megami of AIR art, lost, and never found.

Lost while doing Haruhi dances to raise funds for a gift to my little sister.

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

Jun-Watarase

JrockCon in general is just full of drama. It was poorly organized and the only reason in going at all, is to see the concerts (if you're interested in seeing them at all.) I could go on forever on the reasons why, how it affected me, how it affected patrons, and why you should never let a hot-tempered teenager and her immature, bossy boyfriend run a paid event. But there's no point in me getting into that, as things have hopefully changed since then and anything I'd say about it would just be airing out dirty laundry. The con probably has stopped continuation if it hadn't already. I don't know how anyone can afford just poor quality.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

otakuapprentice

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on April 17, 2008, 01:02:21 AM
JrockCon in general is just full of drama. It was poorly organized and the only reason in going at all, is to see the concerts (if you're interested in seeing them at all.) I could go on forever on the reasons why, how it affected me, how it affected patrons, and why you should never let a hot-tempered teenager and her immature, bossy boyfriend run a paid event. But there's no point in me getting into that, as things have hopefully changed since then and anything I'd say about it would just be airing out dirty laundry. The con probably has stopped continuation if it hadn't already. I don't know how anyone can afford just poor quality.
yea, jrockcon is pretty much 'dead in the water'.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

K&K4ever

Quote from: otakuapprentice on April 17, 2008, 01:06:26 AM
Quote from: Jun-Watarase on April 17, 2008, 01:02:21 AM
yea, jrockcon is pretty much 'dead in the water'.
See my above post on the drama I had from that con