Worst con experience

Started by Amon_Devilman, April 16, 2008, 08:32:51 PM

K&K4ever

Right after AX 07, someone broke into my car and stole EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!

I'm still trying to get all my costumes replaced
The sun was raising up above the high
and dense entangled spider's web.  The dew
was dripping from the silky strings and down
through canopy to underbrush.  It splashed
the puddle making one more fountain spring.

Amon_Devilman

Damn, didn't think there'd be such a turn out for this one.

There was this one time I threw up so hard I think there may have been blood in it. But dammit, Fanime 2k2 was the worst. I was spending time with my first girlfriend (who is evil incarnate). Not only did I constantly get ignored, disregarded, and ridiculed by her and her friends (most of whom I was meeting for the first time, and made clear how little they thought of me), I ended up losing my chance for the kareoke contest having to help her find her little sister who ran off because she decided to bring along an even more evil woman who drove a wedge between the sister and a guy she liked. In other words, I had to help clean up the mess she made.
Compared to that, throwing up hard enough that they may be blood and suffering occasional migraines of horrible doom is a cake walk.

K&K4ever

Quote from: Amon_Devilman on April 18, 2008, 01:18:07 AM

There was this one time I threw up so hard I think there may have been blood in it. But dammit, Fanime 2k2 was the worst. I was spending time with my first girlfriend (who is evil incarnate). Not only did I constantly get ignored, disregarded, and ridiculed by her and her friends (most of whom I was meeting for the first time, and made clear how little they thought of me), I ended up losing my chance for the kareoke contest having to help her find her little sister who ran off because she decided to bring along an even more evil woman who drove a wedge between the sister and a guy she liked. In other words, I had to help clean up the mess she made.
Compared to that, throwing up hard enough that they may be blood and suffering occasional migraines of horrible doom is a cake walk.

OUCH, haven't gotten that yet

Jun-Watarase

You know, from the way you constantly mention her in your posts in the way you do, it just sounds more like you're just butthurt over a relationship that didn't end up well. She's probably not even that bad of a person, and honestly, in the way you present yourself HERE, I think pretty little of you, too. You keep trying to describe her as some evil person so people pity you and think she's an absolute bitch, expecting people to be on your side. Some advice: the relationship not going well with you and tends to cause you more grief than happiness? Try considering breaking up. And also, maybe if you grew a spine, stopped whining and acting like a beat-down puppy, people'd respect you.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

zoupzuop2

Hmm. No horror stories on that level for me, but...

...got shafted by my cosplay commish just at the beginning of May of last year. Had to go the con without a single hint of Cosplay. (Also ripped my favorite Courderoy jacket... *snif*)
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

Steve.Young

A lot of my ex's were evil. They freely admitted it too dunno about yours haha.

I've never had a bad con experience...yet =P, unless you count William or Capt bob. *Coughs* Inside Rover/SOS joke.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

K&K4ever

I had to miss the first day of Tails of Anime because I was up for over 24 hours trying to get my finale project done (it was due that Friday).  I barely squeaked by with a C. But I was so tiered, I had to skip the first day, and come back the next day.

Amon_Devilman

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on April 18, 2008, 11:22:45 AM

You know, from the way you constantly mention her in your posts in the way you do, it just sounds more like you're just butthurt over a relationship that didn't end up well. She's probably not even that bad of a person, and honestly, in the way you present yourself HERE, I think pretty little of you, too. You keep trying to describe her as some evil person so people pity you and think she's an absolute bitch, expecting people to be on your side. Some advice: the relationship not going well with you and tends to cause you more grief than happiness? Try considering breaking up. And also, maybe if you grew a spine, stopped whining and acting like a beat-down puppy, people'd respect you.

I could care less about people being on my side. Spine is already there, and this isn't whining. No puppy here. And I already have the respect of the people that matter (they're called real life friends). I couldn't be bothered about some name on a forum respecting me.
The purpose of this thread was to discuss lousy con experiences. Sorry mine happens to involve people I've mentioned already. There were other cons where shit happened, like the day I fell down a flight of stairs and busted my ankle, or the time I got smacked upside the head with a wooden sword from behind because I was wearing the exact same costume as some guy who copped a feel off a girl in a group. I decided to talk about that particular con because it was the only one where the whole weekend was frequented with lousiness instead of an isolated bit of suffering in an otherwise normal and fun con experience.

You're starting to remind me of a guy I know who loved nothing more than starting crap with people who aren't looking for it. If you have a lousy con experience, post about it instead of lurking on threads criticizing people.

Squeeky_Moonkin

Quote from: JTchinoy on April 16, 2008, 08:35:41 PM
A girl kicked my box and ran like a little bitch.  If I caught her I would've debadged her myself.

Nothing bad really happens at fanime IMO.  except manfaye

please tell me that is not going to show up at fanime 08 X_x.  Worst thing ever to happen to me was at another con due to poor choices/decisions of my own. That and having a cosplay wig rub the hell out of my scalp in one spot. Later on developed a wee bald spot form it. Its all grown back now...though a bit curly since the hair inst long enough to straighten itself out. I have had un-enjoyable experiences, but not so bad that the con itself wasn't worth it. I fell bad for alot of you. @_@

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Amon_Devilman on April 18, 2008, 10:03:55 PM
I could care less about people being on my side. Spine is already there, and this isn't whining. No puppy here. And I already have the respect of the people that matter (they're called real life friends). I couldn't be bothered about some name on a forum respecting me.
The purpose of this thread was to discuss lousy con experiences. Sorry mine happens to involve people I've mentioned already. There were other cons where shit happened, like the day I fell down a flight of stairs and busted my ankle, or the time I got smacked upside the head with a wooden sword from behind because I was wearing the exact same costume as some guy who copped a feel off a girl in a group. I decided to talk about that particular con because it was the only one where the whole weekend was frequented with lousiness instead of an isolated bit of suffering in an otherwise normal and fun con experience.

You're starting to remind me of a guy I know who loved nothing more than starting crap with people who aren't looking for it. If you have a lousy con experience, post about it instead of lurking on threads criticizing people.

Pfft. I'm entitled to my opinion, and you put yourself up for criticism. You rant on how other people are evil, how people disrespect you, how people treat you poorly, and you ask for advice on how to deal with these people, and in while doing so, you display what kind of a person you are and how pathetic it is to be you. I don't need to get in some sort of e-brawl with you to tell you how you display yourself. It's me more or less giving you a hint WHY people treat you this way.

A few people here in the past had been nice to you before, but somehow... that changed and they weren't anymore. Ever wonder why? Because you present yourself poorly and make yourself look like a spineless loser, butthurt about his ex-girlfriend and even AFRAID and paranoid about people associated with her enough that to make a mental note to avoid people you met on the forum because of their potential relation. In a few of your earlier posts, you could barely even handle simple humor. Now, all you do is go to any thread that lets you whine about something bad that happened to you, whining about the same exact person and trying to spread shit on how bad of a person they are.

You've heard this time and time again, and for your own sake, man up. Also, people don't hit you just for wearing the same costume-- it happens on TV when girls are wearing the same outfit, but not in real life. No doubt there was another reason, and I'm not doubting the possibility of him thinking you were just an idiot. I'm not saying what he did was smart either, but it was most likely something you did that made such a person lose respect for you. Like how you've lost mine.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

PyronIkari

Quote from: Amon_Devilman on April 18, 2008, 10:03:55 PM

Hahahahahhahahahaha. Spine... I highly doubt that. OH WOWS... YOU HAVE REAL LIFE FRIENDS... who obviously support you so anyone who says anything negative towards you, obviously doesn't know what they're talking about, and are clearly wrong, right?

I'll keep it short this time. If your "horrible" con experience is nothing more than your girlfriend ignoring you and her friends treating you badly... then you LETTING HER TREAT YOU LIKE A TOOL, then consider yourself lucky. I'll list some of the bad crap that has happened to people I know or myself.

Having 800$ worth of LEGAL material confiscated by the cops because someone invited an underaged girl to a room party without clearing it with the person who's name the room was under.
Nearly getting arrested for the same reason despite said material being legal.
Sleeping in a car in a parking lot due to the above.
Nearly dying because someone put drugs into their drink of which they were highly allergic to.
Having 2000$ worth of stuff stolen from a car including a laptop, dvds and a number of other rare items.
Getting puked on by a random stranger walking by who was clearly drunk.

LOLOLOLOL VD

I could keep going but that's bad enough as it is.

SOawesomeness

Err... going back on topic, I have only one word/phrase:

Con-X-Treme.

Worst freaking con ever, I'm SO extremely glad it's not happening again this year, and I hope it never EVER will. Sexual harassment, understaffed, poorly advertised, NOTHING to do at all. I hated staffing for it. =.=
I didn't get anything out of it at all, except for a shirt and a fake Totoro doll. So pissed.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Chiri Kcrinh on April 18, 2008, 11:08:38 PM
Err... going back on topic, I have only one word/phrase:

Con-X-Treme.

Worst freaking con ever, I'm SO extremely glad it's not happening again this year, and I hope it never EVER will. Sexual harassment, understaffed, poorly advertised, NOTHING to do at all. I hated staffing for it. =.=
I didn't get anything out of it at all, except for a shirt and a fake Totoro doll. So pissed.

Hahaha, they actually held that con? I thought it'd be canceled before they even finished. My weeaboo classmate from my high school was extremely excited to staff for it, if not boasting about it to no end.

FanimaidCafe.com

K&K4ever

Wat did he say after the con?

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: K&K4ever on April 18, 2008, 11:18:46 PM
Wat did he say after the con?

Dunno. I don't really talk to him.

FanimaidCafe.com

K&K4ever

Well, with every staffing of a com (no matter witch one it is) There is bound to be drama from one or more people. (staff or attendee)

Amon_Devilman

Quote from: PyronIkari on April 18, 2008, 11:04:13 PM

Hahahahahhahahahaha. Spine... I highly doubt that. OH WOWS... YOU HAVE REAL LIFE FRIENDS... who obviously support you so anyone who says anything negative towards you, obviously doesn't know what they're talking about, and are clearly wrong, right?

I'll keep it short this time. If your "horrible" con experience is nothing more than your girlfriend ignoring you and her friends treating you badly... then you LETTING HER TREAT YOU LIKE A TOOL, then consider yourself lucky. I'll list some of the bad crap that has happened to people I know or myself.

Having 800$ worth of LEGAL material confiscated by the cops because someone invited an underaged girl to a room party without clearing it with the person who's name the room was under.
Nearly getting arrested for the same reason despite said material being legal.
Sleeping in a car in a parking lot due to the above.
Nearly dying because someone put drugs into their drink of which they were highly allergic to.
Having 2000$ worth of stuff stolen from a car including a laptop, dvds and a number of other rare items.
Getting puked on by a random stranger walking by who was clearly drunk.

LOLOLOLOL VD

I could keep going but that's bad enough as it is.

At least you vented about your con experience. I hope that this con is good for you.

K&K4ever

How about having your room mates coming into the room drunk around 3am, and your staffing early the next day?

Amon_Devilman

Quote from: K&K4ever on April 19, 2008, 01:04:21 AM
How about having your room mates coming into the room drunk around 3am, and your staffing early the next day?

That actually happened to me during a school trip to France. O_O;;

K&K4ever

You were staffing on a school trip? ???