Nicest thing someone did for me

Started by Amon_Devilman, April 19, 2008, 11:13:05 PM

Amon_Devilman

PyronIkari

God you're a damned idiot. Way to prove my point about your character, by ONLY MAKING THE THREAD TO ANTAGONIZE ME.

But just because...

Quote from: Amon_Devilman on April 19, 2008, 11:03:35 PM
Wow, seems a lot of people like to jump on my threads with stuff.

Brightheart: Thanks for the supportive nature. I'll take it from here.

Pyron: Like I said, I'm not one to judge. I don't know why nearly everytime I see you comment on a thread, it's fuel for some kind of flame war.
Because every single one of your posts that I have seen show just how retarded you are.

QuotePyron likes to think that somehow, my posts have given him perfect insight into my being. With the exception of my initial post on these boards this year, my only purpose in posting my threads is to gain a better understanding of my fellow con goers. I want to know what other people's experiences consist of. And I have no problem posting my own thing. Not boasting. It's like asking a stranger what the most humiliating thing they've done is without sharing your own thing.
Bad assumptions are bad. I don't know anything about you outside of what you have presented to me on these forums, and that is what I reply to you about. Frankly, I don't care what you are like outside of these posts, because I will probably never hang out with you, nor do I have any desire to do so. There's a difference between what is the most humiliating thing someone has done, compared to "what is the nicest thing you've ever done". It's like asking people "what makes you a good person" and having people jump in and go "I AM SUCH A GOOD PERSON BECAUSE I...".

QuoteRidicule my actions if you want. I feel like I did some good then, and just left it at that. And I'm sorry, if you don't feel good about yourself for helping people, then it's your loss.
This just goes to show how poor your reading comprehension skills are. If you "left it at that" you wouldn't have made a thread or a post about it. You seemed to completely ignore everything that explained the logical reasonings as to how what you did wasn't exactly "nice" and not once did I say doing nice things for people doesn't make me feel good. Nor anything even remotely close to that for that matter. I just explained how "doing something nice" isn't that simple as people pass it off as it is.

And as for your idea about "Nicest thing someone did for me", be honest, if I did make a thread like that, you'd probably just say how selfish I am for just bragging about how people like me. ^_^

Oh please. How come it's always YOU GUYS that turn this into a pissing contest. If you presented yourself in a way to show you WERE BRAGGING then I might. But that's based on what you wrote and how you wrote it. The idea is to promote how you're THANKFUL that someone did something really nice for you to help you out.

As for the TOPIC OF THE THREAD OF WHICH YOU DIDN'T EVEN POST ABOUT...

I don't know honestly. Most of the things at cons are usually so miniscule when I think about it compared to actual things people have done for me in my life. Small things, like rides, rooming, letting each other borrow money, paying for food, getting each other hook ups, helping each other out at booths, on panels... oh this time it wasn't limited to a con.

I was going to say, for a con... I'd probably have to say... Ani-Magic 2003. An amazing friend and I just talked to each other. She told me about a part of her life during a strange part of my life, and it was the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me at a con.

In real life, my good friend Ben helped support me through life. Financially he helped me out, we hung out almost constantly and we just grew really close and became really good friends through out it all. Strangely, he barely knew me prior to that and now I can say he's one of my closest friends.

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Amon_Devilman on April 19, 2008, 11:03:35 PM
Wow, seems a lot of people like to jump on my threads with stuff.

Brightheart: Thanks for the supportive nature. I'll take it from here.

Pyron: Like I said, I'm not one to judge. I don't know why nearly everytime I see you comment on a thread, it's fuel for some kind of flame war.

Pyron likes to think that somehow, my posts have given him perfect insight into my being. With the exception of my initial post on these boards this year, my only purpose in posting my threads is to gain a better understanding of my fellow con goers. I want to know what other people's experiences consist of. And I have no problem posting my own thing. Not boasting. It's like asking a stranger what the most humiliating thing they've done is without sharing your own thing.

Well, your thread fulfilled its purpose. You see those who simply agree, and those who have different views. But as far as examples go, no, it's not like asking a stranger about the most humiliating thing they've done, in which they'd technically be losing something in doing so. Boasting about a good deed in public, to a stranger, to anyone is asking for praise in return. Asking for praise isn't always necessarily bad or conceited, depending on the situation, but it's still asking for something in return. A person doing a good deed and self-proclaiming it as them being a nice person is a form of boasting-- who are they to judge whether or not they're a nice person? That's for other people to decide. Deciding for themselves is less than modest, but the value of modesty is also ultimately up to you.

In terms of character, you've displayed yourself as a spineless, neurotic, conceited person. I'm not holding that against you in this thread, but this is what people have to judge from, and they're free to do so.

QuoteRidicule my actions if you want. I feel like I did some good then, and just left it at that. And I'm sorry, if you don't feel good about yourself for helping people, then it's your loss.

If it's a "loss", then it means that the initial intention of doing a good deed, according to you, is to gain something... isn't it?

QuoteAnd as for your idea about "Nicest thing someone did for me", be honest, if I did make a thread like that, you'd probably just say how selfish I am for just bragging about how people like me. ^_^

While I doubt this would happen, it's all a matter of how you present yourself. And in the way you present yourself, which always appears to be less than honest and/or pathetic in some situations, comments may or may not ensue.

EDIT: For example, what you had just did. For what reason did you make this thread? Do you honestly care about the legitimate reasons as to why anyone would make it, or did you just do it as some sort bs challenge against Pyron mocking your lack of integrity? Another poor show of character, where I feel like a [facepalm.jpeg] would be very appropriate.

And just to clear this up:

Quotei can't stand people who can't help themselves or aren't willing to put the effort for self improvement.

-_-

I know, those guys just bug the hell out of me. ^_^

He was referring to you. Get a clue, please.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Amon_Devilman

JTchinoy

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on April 19, 2008, 11:22:24 PM

Quotei can't stand people who can't help themselves or aren't willing to put the effort for self improvement.

-_-

holy shit he didn't realize i was talking to him? G FUCKING G.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Amon_Devilman

Quote from: JTchinoy on April 19, 2008, 11:26:10 PM
Quote from: Jun-Watarase on April 19, 2008, 11:22:24 PM

-_-

holy shit he didn't realize i was talking to him? G FUCKING G.

Hey, give me some credit. I just also have a sense of humor.