Anime character you just can't stand?

Started by Amon_Devilman, April 22, 2008, 09:53:55 PM

MikoChika

D'Eon, from Le Chevalier D'Eon. I don't know why but he annoys me. Maybe it's the fact he seems to love his dead sister way way more then the girl he's engaged to. Yes yes, he's out on a mission and to seek justice for his sister's murder, but come on, he barely writes to his girl back home.
Please, don't feed the moogle.

IshokuOsero

I can't watch any American dubbed Anime with the girl that was the voice actor for Tohru in Fruits Basket, or even so much as slightly sounds like her. I can't, I can't, I can't! Dx It makes me want to strangle or randomly beat people. Even thinking about it is making me twitch right now, and I'm not normally annoyed this easily - it usually takes quite a bit to annoy or anger me. It didn't help in the least that when I saw the series originally, there was this annoying girl there that spoke in practically the exact same high pitched horrid voice, and she was running around in her underwear all night. I wanted to strangle her too. Dx So that pretty much ruined a lot of American dubs for me right there.

Yuu

Quote from: IshokuOsero on May 19, 2008, 04:10:30 AM
I can't watch any American dubbed Anime with the girl that was the voice actor for Tohru in Fruits Basket, or even so much as slightly sounds like her. I can't, I can't, I can't! Dx It makes me want to strangle or randomly beat people. Even thinking about it is making me twitch right now, and I'm not normally annoyed this easily - it usually takes quite a bit to annoy or anger me.

I'm with you one this one. Not just Tohru's voice but that sugary sweetness of that show!

And my friends..they're no help!
They came to visit me after I got out of the hospital from back surgery. They knew I couldn't move, so they played the ENTIRE series in one sitting. It was so horrifyingly sappy I was literally  screaming for them " OMG! I cant take anymore of this shit, shut it OFF!" Eventually I forced myself up, walked over and shut off the TV, damn the consequences!

Sora

XD Do you really want to know? One of the characters I would never be able to stand is Relena Peacecraft from GW.
"Don't give me any orders."

IshokuOsero

Quote from: Yuu on May 19, 2008, 11:00:16 AM
Quote from: IshokuOsero on May 19, 2008, 04:10:30 AM
I can't watch any American dubbed Anime with the girl that was the voice actor for Tohru in Fruits Basket, or even so much as slightly sounds like her. I can't, I can't, I can't! Dx It makes me want to strangle or randomly beat people. Even thinking about it is making me twitch right now, and I'm not normally annoyed this easily - it usually takes quite a bit to annoy or anger me.

I'm with you one this one. Not just Tohru's voice but that sugary sweetness of that show!

And my friends..they're no help!
They came to visit me after I got out of the hospital from back surgery. They knew I couldn't move, so they played the ENTIRE series in one sitting. It was so horrifyingly sappy I was literally  screaming for them " OMG! I cant take anymore of this shit, shut it OFF!" Eventually I forced myself up, walked over and shut off the TV, damn the consequences!

I was at a friend's house for a sleepover / anime and jrock party the summer after I got out of high school when that whole thing happened. I hadn't seen any anime in Japanese at that point or anything just yet, but for a while after being forced to watch that all night because there were about 10-15 others there that actually wanted to watch the entire thing, I actually hated American dubs for the longest time. It wasn't until I saw Air Gear just a couple years ago in English that I decided it was okay stuff. That being said, there are quite a few shows I prefer in Japanese, just like there are quite a few that I like the dubs of... but when there's that girl in it, I can't even watch three minutes without wanting to scrape my eardrums out with a stick or something. At the same time, I have a friend who doesn't like Greg Ayres' dubbing (I know him mostly from Welcome to the NHK, he voices Yamazaki), so I've seen a few episodes of that show and others in both English (cause I happen to love Ayres' voice) and in Japanese because of that.

But yeah, that girl and girls that sound like her, no way.

EndOfWords

HAHA Sakura from Naruto, cause she's hella useless the first part of the story, and then the author makes her hella rigged later. Asuka from Neon. Orihime from Bleach. And someone else.

lolitaninja

Hinata (Naruto)- mary-sue
Sasuke (Naruto)- gary-sue
Ino (Naruto)-prima donna
Ledouch (CG), Ikuto (Shugo Chara), Kaname and Zero (VK)-overrated bishounens
Serenity Wheeler (Yu-gi-oh)-annoying little goody two-shoes

AgehaMist

I hate those three god damn kids from Eureka Seven, seriously... they can go to hell

they are so annoying  >:(
i came home the other day and found that everything in my house was replaced with exact duplicates

MikoChika

Please, don't feed the moogle.