Marathon suggestions for fanime 2009

Started by Knightfire, April 24, 2008, 07:10:58 PM

Tsuchimi Rin-chan

Jason Nagal Estioko
Fanime Con Attendee from 1998 to current 2011. (12 years and counting!) Fanime Con 2006 E-Gaming Department Staffer
Animation on Display (San Francisco's Animation Convention) Video Game Staffer since 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011.

LakuriSyaoran

show some ninja nonsense XD i love watching tht at cons XD

the otaku god

Hi Everyone,
so you want to know about what were showing for marathons? Well here is what we might be showing:

Dmc + movie

One Piece: Thriller Bark arc

Clannad AFter Story

Kannagi: Crazy Shrine Maidens

Rosario + Vampire both Seasons

Toradora

Vampire knight total both Seasons

Bleach Arrancar vs Shinigami eps 190 – 212

I was also thinking about Marathoning Michiko to Hatchin but will see. Please remember this is NOT a final list of marathons for this year and Shows might change, but keep your eyes open to this link as we get closer to con time.
is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? is it like the hand of god hovering above? at least it is true that man has no control, even over his own destiny.

Dakanya

Quote from: mDuo13 on August 21, 2008, 03:27:18 PM
It'll still be easy to find by then. Fanime marathons should be a LITTLE more obscure than "This is the latest big thing to hit Cartoon Network!" IMO.
Are we allowed to show licensed shows? Here's some shows that were good but are often overlooked or is worth rewatching. I'm not sure what's good in a con environment so hopefully it's not too obscure. Let me know what you guys think. Unless specified, none of them should be licensed yet.

Kara no Kyoukai (movies 1 through 5, good time to recap for the soon to come #6)
Natsume Yuujinchou
Ga-Rei Zero
Chaos;Head
Akagi
Kaiji
ONE OUTS (subs are pending on last 3 eps)
kure-nai
Bamboo Blade (licensed)
Maria Holic
Minami-ke ~Okaeri~ (kekeke haven't watched this yet but i'm just throwing it out there)

AdamWest

Episodic comedies usually make for good marathon material, since you can take a break from watching it and come back not feeling lost as to what's going on.  How about Gintama?

the otaku god

Hi Everyone,
here is the offical list of marathons enjoy and give me feed back please

Dmc + movie

One Piece: Thriller Bark arc

Clannad AFter Story

Kannagi: Crazy Shrine Maidens

Rosario + Vampire both Seasons

Toradora

Vampire knight total both Seasons

Bleach Arrancar vs Shinigami eps 190 – 212

Michiko to Hatchin
is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? is it like the hand of god hovering above? at least it is true that man has no control, even over his own destiny.

Tsuchimi Rin-chan

Hi Jerry!  Thanks for approving my marathon requests of Clannad After Story, Kannagi Crazy Shrine Maidens, and Toradora!

Please in the regular anime fansub room show the most popular Anime that is very hot in Japan named K-ON!  Its like the next Haruhi but involves a bunch of High School Girls Trying to make a Band.  Its so popular that I feel an Anime that is doing too well in Japan has to be shown in Fanime.  Please put in a couple of episodes in the schedule.  Thanks.
Jason Nagal Estioko
Fanime Con Attendee from 1998 to current 2011. (12 years and counting!) Fanime Con 2006 E-Gaming Department Staffer
Animation on Display (San Francisco's Animation Convention) Video Game Staffer since 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011.

the otaku god

already in the schedule were showing 5 eps. i know its hot thats why im the otaku god hahahaha!

Zero_Kirby

Clannad after story i am ready to get emotional

Knightfire

Oooh DMC ... as in Devil May Cry or Detroit Metal City. Either way it's win.
Starting work for Fanime 2011

SukebeStudios

I know it's silly, because nobody seemed to like this movie, but I did. Why not a Dragonball or prefferably, a Dragonball Z marathon, since the Evolution movie came out?

Or for maybe an Asian Cinema Marathon, what about a Godzilla Marathon?

lyricaldanichan

It is the Detroit Metal City marathon. It will be very interesting to see it with an audience. The live action movie was too funny.

Quote from: Knightfire on May 10, 2009, 03:35:56 PM

Knightfire

Quote from: lyricaldanichan on May 10, 2009, 05:18:33 PM
It is the Detroit Metal City marathon. It will be very interesting to see it with an audience. The live action movie was too funny.

Quote from: Knightfire on May 10, 2009, 03:35:56 PM

Then i's a done deal. Will be attending this marathon.
Starting work for Fanime 2011

llaaannniiii

i dont know if its too late or if you guys can even show this buttt i thought itd be really cool if you guys would have soul eater up if its possible =]

bossyman15

Quote from: llaaannniiii on May 10, 2009, 11:45:42 PM
i dont know if its too late or if you guys can even show this buttt i thought itd be really cool if you guys would have soul eater up if its possible =]

ohhhh Soul Eater! yeah that should have been on there.   :-\
My picture gallery<br />http://www.bossyman15.com/

darkcard777

Soul eater :< its on the heading for marathon rooms, yet no soul eater marathon :< what gives?! plus gurren lagann subbed would be nice :D

lyricaldanichan