Marathon suggestions for fanime 2009

Started by Knightfire, April 24, 2008, 07:10:58 PM

Knightfire

I've been keeping up with my dates, and it appears that next year will mark the 30th anniversary of the Mobile Suit Gundam Franchise. So my suggestion would be for next fanime (2009) to Run mutiple marathons of past Gundam Shows.

What do you guys think of this?
Starting work for Fanime 2011

Amon_Devilman

I think they'd need at least 3 rooms to do it any justice.

yafromuk

Nosferatu

That would make my inner Gundam fangirl squee and melt with glee.  ;D
Fanime 2014: Mass Effect fem!Shep still incomplete. No cosplay this year.

iKuraudo

I think since R:2 of Geass is ending this year in Japan, I believe we should have a Season 1 and two of Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion  Marathon.

shy-cosplayer

the otaku god

is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? is it like the hand of god hovering above? at least it is true that man has no control, even over his own destiny.

Barnes

Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

iKuraudo

Quote from: the otaku god on August 18, 2008, 11:24:21 PM
we did it already.
Only saw Season 1 to the pubic, Why not R:2?

(To the other person, It was Fanime 2007 that held the marathon to Season 1.)

lyricaldanichan

Quote from: iKuraudo on August 19, 2008, 05:35:04 PM
Quote from: the otaku god on August 18, 2008, 11:24:21 PM
we did it already.
Only saw Season 1 to the pubic, Why not R:2?

(To the other person, It was Fanime 2007 that held the marathon to Season 1.)

Because it will be showing on CN soon, by the time fanime 2009 comes around they will already be done with R2.

Barnes

Quote from: lyricaldanichan on August 20, 2008, 09:19:10 PM
Because it will be showing on CN soon, by the time fanime 2009 comes around they will already be done with R2.

But doesn't the tc want a marathon with SUBS, instead of the dubbed version?  :P Just asking.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

mDuo13

It'll still be easy to find by then. Fanime marathons should be a LITTLE more obscure than "This is the latest big thing to hit Cartoon Network!" IMO.

iKuraudo

I believe it should be subs, because the view of season one back in 07 was straight subs.

KojiKaze

Unfortunately, both seasons are licensed by Bandai.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-08-13/code-geass-r2-anime-sequel-to-run-on-adult-swim-in-u.s

So support them by watching it on Cartoon Network or buy the DVDs when they go on sale.

If we're lucky, they may allow Fanime to show some of the episodes. 

iKuraudo

Quote from: KojiKaze on August 25, 2008, 03:58:51 PM
Unfortunately, both seasons are licensed by Bandai.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-08-13/code-geass-r2-anime-sequel-to-run-on-adult-swim-in-u.s

So support them by watching it on Cartoon Network or buy the DVDs when they go on sale.

If we're lucky, they may allow Fanime to show some of the episodes. 

Yeah, I remembered season 1 is licensed by them, but I was always thinking about season two.
Good call. Maybe we could pop in a DVD or so and change the language and add subtitles.. I already have the volume 1 limited edition set of Geass here at home ..

I thought we could show season 2 (At least part of it or a Marathon, maybe once the DVDs came out.

iKuraudo

Yeah, that would be awesome, Starting with one of the original Gundam seasons and then continuing...)

mDuo13

since this year will be the 11th anniversary of Gekiganger 3 finally ending, I think it would be the perfect opportunity to show this classic series. It's a big deal, but a lot of people missed out on it at the time and it's hard to get ahold of nowadays. So, I think a marathon of Gekiganger 3 would be one of the best things Fanime could do for older and younger fans. Though, I'll probably skip the last episode because I don't want it to end.

for those of you who are clueless, this whole post is tongue-in-cheek.

Steven McIntosh

Don't you mean Nadesico? Gekiganger was a show within Nadesico?
1994: First Fanime
1999: Volunteer
2000 - 2001: Video Programming Head
2002: Video Programming Staff
2009: Stage Zero Staff
2013: Anime Programming Second

Mizuki

Can people stop requesting anime you can just watch on T.V.? It's pretty dumb, I'd honestly like to see something more obscure.

iKuraudo

Quote from: Mizuki on September 01, 2008, 01:50:26 AM
Can people stop requesting anime you can just watch on T.V.? It's pretty dumb, I'd honestly like to see something more obscure.

Sorry, I don't watch the U.S. Version of Geass. I own the Japanese Version set of Season 1 and working on buying the Dvds (Imported of Season 2.) Season 2 of Geass, is what I was hoping for on the Geass marathon. Not Season 1. (As it is already Showing in the US.)