Any musicians interested?

Started by NERDglasses, April 28, 2008, 06:14:55 PM

NERDglasses

Quote from: obliviousedward on May 11, 2008, 11:53:15 PM
Well, I was planning on bringing some sheet music from various anime/video games and playing one of the pianos while I was there.  (There are quite a few people who do that.)  I know there's a piano in the lobby of the Hilton, but I thought I heard there was one somewhere at the Marriott (where I'm staying).

Anyway, I'll probably be around if I can snag the piano.  (Last year, whenever I walked by, someone was always on it.)  I'm going as Robin Sena, from Witch Hunter Robin, if you want to find me. ;D

Oh yea my friend used the piano at the Marriot I believe. It was downstairs. :)
"You can fall in love many times, so don't waste time over a broken heart. Life happens once." -Dia Frampton :)

NERDglasses

Quote from: hahaid0ntno on May 10, 2008, 10:51:35 AM
me and my friends!!~~ gonna have electric 2 gutairs one bass and one lead(yea we have an adapter that give us electricity without so we wont be using and cords at fanime). we MIGHT have a keyboardist(our keyboard uses batteries:D). and we are PLANNING to bring a drum set... if we can figure out how to transport it around the convention center. we been working on the song kakusei heroism, and we're planning to play that at the con  :)

Oh wow, I'd join you IF I had an electric ukulele haha but my uke would get drowned out by the other instruments haha but yea that's awesome. I'll look out for you guys.
"You can fall in love many times, so don't waste time over a broken heart. Life happens once." -Dia Frampton :)

chikhra

Oh, much awesomeness :D!

Unfortunately I no longer own a trumpet, and I don't think that the coconut-nail-instrument-thing gets much volume. x3

I was contemplating bringing my guitar, but if I do it'll have to be my insanely crappy one with the broken seatbelt for a strap. As there is no way I'm subjecting my beautiful wooden Kiki-chan to various con dangers ;^; . And I'm no guitar hero or anything, only been playing a few months :P, so it wouldn't be justified carrying my nice one around. Not sure if it's even justified bringing one at all, cause I don't know ANY anime songs, mostly rock stuff :P. But hey, I've got... two weeks, I can learn! (Fukai Mori looked good :3)

You guys thing I should bring it along and join your jam session?
I'll be there mid Saturday to late-ish Monday, and I dunno which days I'll be which but right now I've got Urahara, Shippuden Temari, and a Pikachu costume planned out :D

Seeya at the con~ :D
You savvy music peoples

Hank-KKD

Just wanted to mention that non-electric instruments are welcomed during Karaoke Open Mic hours! I think we have had saxophones and acoustic guitars in the past.

Tur713

I brought my violin last year and played it... that is until some idiot sat on it! I'll be bringing a less expensive violin for carrying and my new, good one for performances.
Founder - Fanime Dating Dojo

hahaid0ntno

Quote from: hazelasher on May 12, 2008, 06:46:55 PM
Quote from: hahaid0ntno on May 10, 2008, 10:51:35 AM
me and my friends!!~~ gonna have electric 2 gutairs one bass and one lead(yea we have an adapter that give us electricity without so we wont be using and cords at fanime). we MIGHT have a keyboardist(our keyboard uses batteries:D). and we are PLANNING to bring a drum set... if we can figure out how to transport it around the convention center. we been working on the song kakusei heroism, and we're planning to play that at the con  :)
I don't know if the con staff will let you set up a drumset in the hallway...you might want to ask also if they'll allow amps as well.
ahh dont worry, we plan to play outside anyway~ though we needa find a place to put our stuff cause we still wanna roam the con.