Anyone ever feel just really alone?

Started by Amon_Devilman, April 28, 2008, 09:48:10 PM

Amon_Devilman

I mean, like you really were alone in the world? I get that way sometimes.

Granted, I have suspicions that I'm actually bipolar, so that doesn't help me any.

Makou

Yeah, something like that, but then this happens: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,9511.0.html

Amon_Devilman

Makou

Quote from: Amon_Devilman on April 28, 2008, 10:53:16 PM
I just.... forget it.

It was meant to be a joke, bro. Yeah, yeah, I get alone. I'm going through a tough time with my parents' divorce right now and all. My mom's a spazz and I end up doing most of the chores around the house. She's a very weak woman, so I get irritated sometimes. I even question my love for her. What doe this have to do with the topic? Love. I question love now. I used to be very firm on the family unit. I thought that in a world of no absolutes, at least the family unit was there for you, but... not so much. I'm looking forward to college to break away from this so called "family" and hopefully meet someone to take away my loneliness. I'm not exactly suffering from it, but... I do miss the old feeling. I'm not the type to rekindle old flames, but I can't help but thing how things could have gone with my ex. Wonder how she's doing nowadays.

Blegh.

Alone for now, Amon, but not forever. Just improve yourself and find something else to do. Read a good book. Sing to a tune you love. Learn how to cook! Improve, brother!

Amon_Devilman

Quote from: Makou on April 28, 2008, 10:59:18 PM
Quote from: Amon_Devilman on April 28, 2008, 10:53:16 PM
I just.... forget it.

It was meant to be a joke, bro. Yeah, yeah, I get alone. I'm going through a tough time with my parents' divorce right now and all. My mom's a spazz and I end up doing most of the chores around the house. She's a very weak woman, so I get irritated sometimes. I even question my love for her. What doe this have to do with the topic? Love. I question love now. I used to be very firm on the family unit. I thought that in a world of no absolutes, at least the family unit was there for you, but... not so much. I'm looking forward to college to break away from this so called "family" and hopefully meet someone to take away my loneliness. I'm not exactly suffering from it, but... I do miss the old feeling. I'm not the type to rekindle old flames, but I can't help but thing how things could have gone with my ex. Wonder how she's doing nowadays.

Blegh.

Alone for now, Amon, but not forever. Just improve yourself and find something else to do. Read a good book. Sing to a tune you love. Learn how to cook! Improve, brother!

Problem is, I'm only good at one thing, and I've reached a point where I just seem stuck in said talent, like I can't make it go further.

Makou

Quote from: Amon_Devilman on April 28, 2008, 11:43:19 PM
Problem is, I'm only good at one thing, and I've reached a point where I just seem stuck in said talent, like I can't make it go further.

What would that one thing be?

Kazuko

then try to learn something new, wean off that old talent and open your eyes dude the world is a big place and you arent really alone. Try to go out and have fun with friends or make some!

Makou: :V you would make the perfect wife for me!

Amon_Devilman

Quote from: Makou on April 28, 2008, 11:53:13 PM
Quote from: Amon_Devilman on April 28, 2008, 11:43:19 PM

What would that one thing be?

Writing. I've hit a horrific case of writer's block when I seemed to finally find someone willing to publish me.

Odds are, given my bipolar issues, I'll swing right back around tomorrow. But right now it just freaking sucks.

Kazuko: I don't want to wean off it. It's something I deeply love.

Steve.Young

Life throws you a lot of snowballs, shit, and various other objects to the face. A lot of times it's a simple matter of taking it like a man, picking yourself up, and running over to life to kick it in the face.

Simply wondering what could of been, instead of doing something about it is often the wrong approach. You don't get a job offer out of nowhere, you have to go out and apply yourself. Universities (rarely) go out and find people to bring to their school. You have to go apply, do a lot of stuff to make you stand out in the crowd. Life is the same way. You make yourself better by going out there and trying new things, accepting that failure is a part of the learning process.

People these days, at least to me, are so afraid of failure. Failure is a big part of life, whether in business, school, love, life, etc. Shit happens all the time beyond your control, it's how you deal with the consequences and aftermath that determines what kind of person you are.

One of my favorite quotes in business is, "Leaders are born, not made...however Managers are trained and mass produced". Doesn't really fit what i'm saying without some explanation. Leaders are born with the nature to question. You question the status quo, you see beyond the box, you look beyond the scope of what is and simply try to change it to what it could be. Managers maintain the status quo, Leaders rise above and create something. Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Warren Buffet all are examples of how they took charge of what they wanted to do, failed along the way, but learned from their mistakes to be extremely successful in life.

You live by the status quo or you kick it in the face. Up to you.

-Steve
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Amon_Devilman

Quote from: Steve.Young on April 29, 2008, 12:01:03 AM
Life throws you a lot of snowballs, shit, and various other objects to the face. A lot of times it's a simple matter of taking it like a man, picking yourself up, and running over to life to kick it in the face.

Simply wondering what could of been, instead of doing something about it is often the wrong approach. You don't get a job offer out of nowhere, you have to go out and apply yourself. Universities (rarely) go out and find people to bring to their school. You have to go apply, do a lot of stuff to make you stand out in the crowd. Life is the same way. You make yourself better by going out there and trying new things, accepting that failure is a part of the learning process.

People these days, at least to me, are so afraid of failure. Failure is a big part of life, whether in business, school, love, life, etc. Shit happens all the time beyond your control, it's how you deal with the consequences and aftermath that determines what kind of person you are.

One of my favorite quotes in business is, "Leaders are born, not made...however Managers are trained and mass produced". Doesn't really fit what i'm saying without some explanation. Leaders are born with the nature to question. You question the status quo, you see beyond the box, you look beyond the scope of what is and simply try to change it to what it could be. Managers maintain the status quo, Leaders rise above and create something. Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Warren Buffet all are examples of how they took charge of what they wanted to do, failed along the way, but learned from their mistakes to be extremely successful in life.

You live by the status quo or you kick it in the face. Up to you.

-Steve

I'm not afraid of failure. I just really hate when my brain seems to grind to a halt when I want to write more.

PyronIkari

Awwww... how sad.

-_-

And this is my point. You went off on this huge tyraid about how you think you're better than me, glad you're not me, etc. etc. etc. and then make a thread about how alone and sad you are.

Yet, you never see me make threads like this, especially to random strangers that I don't know.

Why do you think this is?

How are you going to take this post? As another attack on you, because obviously that's all I can do right? Nothing I say has any merit because it's just attacking you, right?

The basis of feeling alone is the basis that, you feel no one else understands you(pssst they do usually), and that you think you cannot get along with others. The usual reasons being, your own self-esteem issues. You don't feel like you add up therefore, you think others will look down upon you, because they don't understand you.

And how do we deal with this? Most people bitch and whine, and attack others in the sense that they have something to prove. Mostly towards themselves. Then they relook at themselves afterwards and realize how crappilly pathetic they are(or think they are).

Most people feel alone at one point. But then they realize they have people that care about them. Great friends, family, and other people. I don't have self-esteem issues, because after years of self-evaluation, I realized I was better than the majority of the dumbasses out there because I could think and act for myself. I wasn't a fake little parrot like the majority of people, that will talk shit about everyone behind their backs. I became honest with myself and the world, and I have the most amazing people supporting me. The amount of friends I have, just sheer number is huge... but I have 6 amazing friends that have been in my life, and I now have a pretty awesome girlfriend.

So no, I never feel just really alone anymore. Because I know who I am, and I know where I stand in life. I know my capabilities, I know what I can't do, and I know where everyone else stands.

Steve.Young

But dude, I like talking shit about some people behind their backs...

It's a good conversation piece.

Plus, they certainly bring it upon themselves with their stupidity.

Edit: Gah typos. Midnight = fail.
Director of Marketing

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Amon_Devilman

Quote from: PyronIkari on April 29, 2008, 12:04:45 AM
Awwww... how sad.

-_-

And this is my point. You went off on this huge tyraid about how you think you're better than me, glad you're not me, etc. etc. etc. and then make a thread about how alone and sad you are.

Yet, you never see me make threads like this, especially to random strangers that I don't know.

Why do you think this is?

How are you going to take this post? As another attack on you, because obviously that's all I can do right? Nothing I say has any merit because it's just attacking you, right?

The basis of feeling alone is the basis that, you feel no one else understands you(pssst they do usually), and that you think you cannot get along with others. The usual reasons being, your own self-esteem issues. You don't feel like you add up therefore, you think others will look down upon you, because they don't understand you.

And how do we deal with this? Most people bitch and whine, and attack others in the sense that they have something to prove. Mostly towards themselves. Then they relook at themselves afterwards and realize how crappilly pathetic they are(or think they are).

Most people feel alone at one point. But then they realize they have people that care about them. Great friends, family, and other people. I don't have self-esteem issues, because after years of self-evaluation, I realized I was better than the majority of the dumbasses out there because I could think and act for myself. I wasn't a fake little parrot like the majority of people, that will talk shit about everyone behind their backs. I became honest with myself and the world, and I have the most amazing people supporting me. The amount of friends I have, just sheer number is huge... but I have 6 amazing friends that have been in my life, and I now have a pretty awesome girlfriend.

So no, I never feel just really alone anymore. Because I know who I am, and I know where I stand in life. I know my capabilities, I know what I can't do, and I know where everyone else stands.

Considering I started off this thread admitting my suspicions about being bipolar (given how my posts swing in mood), I don't see why we have to rehash our little issue with each other Pyron.

I could disregard everything you say as another attack, given how I know you think so damned little of me anytime I decide to open up about my anxieties or whatnot. But instead, I'm just going to ignore your antagonistic comments and focus on the point you're trying to make.

While I do appreciate the friends I have, and the support they constantly give me, the fact that I feel left behind as they continue to progress after their dreams while mine keeps stalling due to writer's block.

I swear, if my ideas poured out onto the page as often as I wanted, I'd have written a novel worth shopping around agents by now. Instead, I find myself staring a screen for hours before I realize I just have no clue how to paint the scene in my head yet.

Instead, I feel... left behind. Yeah, said that already. Yeah...

Dear God, I'm actually having a rapport with PyronIkari. Didn't see that coming.

Steve.Young

Stranger shit has happened before.

Like me actually paying attention to people @ work. Hah.
Director of Marketing

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Jun-Watarase

I admit to understanding how it feels to feel alone and inadequate. My advice is to find traits that you do like about yourself, and try to feel confident in those things. Eventually, you believe in yourself a little more and your self-esteem will improve. As for flaws and bad qualities, take it as something to improve on. That's about it, really. Telling you is easy, but it's up to you to make use of it.

I realize you can't really force these things, though. Just keep trying to have an understanding of it and it'll come to you sooner or later.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Amon_Devilman

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on April 29, 2008, 12:33:03 AM
I admit to understanding how it feels to feel alone and inadequate. My advice is to find traits that you do like about yourself, and try to feel confident in those things. Eventually, you believe in yourself a little more and your self-esteem will improve. As for flaws and bad qualities, take it as something to improve on. That's about it, really. Telling you is easy, but it's up to you to make use of it.

I realize you can't really force these things, though. Just keep trying to have an understanding of it and it'll come to you sooner or later.

That's usually how I end up feeling better. But like I said, I suspect that I may actually be bipolar (the only logical explanation, because I keep flipping between enjoying being me and just not).

I suspect that somehow I'll be feeling much better tomorrow and probably churn out chapter after chapter. But right now, it just really really sucks.

satanic_mechanic

i feel isolated in the sense that i feel that we are living in a neofeudalist society, and that if i wish to at some point drop everything to do what i want i have to join the enforcer class in order to buy my freedom through service.

i feel isolated in that most women will judge me by the shoes and pants that i wear, the way I wear my hair, the car i drive, my job, and how much money i have in the bank the way some piggish men would judge a woman by her breasts, hips and hair, and that im not rushing to get that so i can get a woman with barbie doll hair and barbie doll lips, fresh from the jar of hitler's brain in a store room in the subterranean fortress beneath disneyland.

i feel isolated in that it seems as though there are very few people as pissed of as i am that NO ONE seems to care that this is the world that we live in, where we are judged by what we own rather then the content of our character.

i feel isolated in that i realize that i live in a world full of hypocrites and pimps and cowards, and that the world is geared to help them, and where all good men who stand against the tyranny of the wicked and the inequities of the weak are trampled down.

i feel most isolated when i think of the future, when i have a son, and i have to tell him that he has to make a choice between maintaining character, virtue, honor and self and any sense of normalcy since apparently the aforementioned don't actually exist.

and that few people see it the way i do.
and that even less think that there is anything that can be done to change it.
"I went into the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life...to put to rout all that was not life; and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." -HD Thoreau

Steve.Young

See, I agree with you.

But I do think that to change the world, you would need to change hearts of millions upon millions of people. You have to make them believe...and in this day and age, the media and our politicians have made it so that the people no longer believe.

They believe lies and corruption, they believe the meaningless spoon fed information that is presented to them.

Plato's Allegory of the Cave, the truth hurts therefor we do not want to see. So we are content in allowing the illusions and shadows consume us.
Director of Marketing

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

satanic_mechanic

the system that is in place will take more then a lifetime to change.

it will be a generational struggle. somehow i am to impart and impress upon my children the necessity to maintain identity separate from material possession and self objectification, be it in the marxist or feminist theory sense, and then hope that they continue down the line. 

and THEN i have to hope that others do the same, and over centuries, the world will change to what i think it should be.

but i wont live to see it.

everyday there are people around me, oblivious to the truth and who want to keep it that way - willing slaves, people without the will to raise an eyebrow and stop grazing at the mall like cows.

im hoping to become a lawyer someday - ie, entering the bushi-class and serving some daimyo in the hopes of acquiring a small lordship of my own so i might be able to be free someday to do what i wish when i wish - true freedom.

it drives me to drinking.  because when i drink i dont think about things as much. and its then that i understand the cows that people have become - because a stupid person cannot see the chain around their neck, or as you say, the truth in the allegory of the cave. and its tough. its really, really tough.
"I went into the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life...to put to rout all that was not life; and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." -HD Thoreau

OniCourseMusha

About your mental state, I have autism.  I tell myself that I'M GONNA KICK SOME ASS everyday. Even though I left behind my close friends and my girlfriend when I moved in SF but I still keep in touch wit them strongly and I don't feel alone.  About the Self-Esteem problem, QUIT CRYING!
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand