Anyone ever feel just really alone?

Started by Amon_Devilman, April 28, 2008, 09:48:10 PM

LadyKaren

Quote from: Amon_Devilman on April 29, 2008, 12:00:01 AM
Odds are, given my bipolar issues, I'll swing right back around tomorrow.

DO NOT EVEN GO THERE.

Just because you think that your life sucks one day and think that saying that they day before was a stupid idea DOES NOT CONSTITUTE being bipolar.

Bipolar, even on rapid cycles, goes on from month to month. A one day MOODSWING does not even go into ANYTHING like it. The depression of bipolar will mean your mind will not let your body move FOR FREAKEN DAYS. The mania will keep you moving and twitching for days without the capability of sleep.

A passing thought of aloneless or "Oh I'm so unhappy I could just sit here and slit my wrists" and then the next day be fine about it IS NOT BIPOLAR.

Get off your dramatic ass and stop blaming something THAT ISN'T CAUSING YOUR PROBLEMS. I hate you people that give Bipolar a bad name.

You think your bipolar? Go to therapy for 6 months and be on constant medication for 2 years and then we'll talk.

Jun-Watarase

Aha, oh man. Didn't even catch that. People who are manic depressive and have had loved ones in manic depression would slap you.

People tend to abuse and assume they have some sort of mental disorder when they're unhappy with something. Asperger's is thrown around almost just as much. Never unprofessionally evaluate yourself in terms of psychology. Not for you, or for anyone else. There could be suspicions, but never conclude it as an actual diagnosis. That's just idiotic.

I have both been a manic depressive (bipolar disorder) and have an array of anxiety disorders. It varies between people, but I'll let you know the gist of what actually being bipolar is like, along what LadyKaren has mentioned.

Basically, you feel depressed-- you either don't know reason why or dwell on things for a very long time, no matter how big or small the cause may be. You don't feel the will to do anything anymore, and yet you still feel useless for not doing the things you can't push yourself to do. You feel lonely, and yet, despite that you don't want to actively go outside and socialize with anyone. You either get too much sleep from not wanting to do anything, or have insane insomnia that keeps you from having much sleep at all. In most cases, despite being awake, you won't feel as if you have anything to be awake for. You won't have an appetite, you won't even want to move at times. You might want to just have someone be there for you, but you won't reach out to talk to anyone. You can't help these things, and it gets frustrating-- and despite all this, you can't push yourself to actively do anything about it. It's even worse when you begin to blame yourself and start feeling as if it's your fault, and even though you can't really help your mental condition, it pretty much is. The feeling lasts from days to months at a time, and mood swings go on and off spontaneously.

It's the feeling of being alive without having any reason to be alive for. Just consciously sitting there with nothing to do. It's like that feeling when you're bored but am too lazy to find something to do, only 10x worse. And being frustrated by it.

Medications don't help you feel better. They just prevent your body to chemically produce the feeling of being depressed as often or as strongly. It doesn't actually make it easier to be happy about things, it just makes you feel less. But when the person's life conditions change, medication becomes less and less necessarily and they might overcome most of the disorder's effects completely-- but again, that's dependent on their own condition. MY case isn't as bad as what it had used to be, so medication isn't necessary anymore.

But uh, honestly, it varies between people. I know that many who claim to be manic depressive reads these sort of descriptions and start thinking "Hey! That's exactly how -I- am! I must be manic depressive!" It really doesn't work that way. Most of those people are just emo whiny retards.

You also have to realize though, some of your own personal qualities reflect as what kind of person you are. People will judge from that and decide whether or not to like you. We've all witnessed some pretty ridiculous self-esteem issues from what you've shown people on this forum, so improving on that would improve your own self-image and confidence, then people would start liking you. With all the bad qualities, you try your best to fix and improve them. For all good qualities, take pride in them and build upon them.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Jerry

im not going to over analyze, but at the moment i live alone, but not by choice mind you.

everyone may feel alone, but the bottom line is to do something about it.

nowadays, people are so reliant on others that they really should just ACT on their own to change things.

sure some aspects are out of your control (mental, physical or natural ailments that occur) but u shouldnt use them as an excuse and give up.

I'm really appreciative of my friends and family, or i find myself disctracted easily by things that i do to enjoy the time that i have.

you welcome to sit, pout and be emo. but sometimes you just get off you ass and do something with your life.

I hate to use a disney phrase- but.

Hakuna matata. = No worries ? ( i forget, but yah whatever  :P)

and just try to do something positive or constructive with your life.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Amon_Devilman

K, sorry to use the term "bipolar". I just have no clue why it's easy for me to slip back and forth between being depressed and being not-depressed, and I try to see logic in my slips.

Oh, but LadyKaren, my girlfriend (current) basically tells me I'm not bipolar, but defines it as mood swings that switch back and forth by minutes, based on co-workers of hers that are diagnosed as bipolar.

So, can someone clarify for me just how long mood shifts are to be considered bipolar? Because now I'm just confused.

And Jun, I never denied I have self-esteem issues. I just don't like that everyone seems to write me off the instant I talk about it.

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Amon_Devilman on April 29, 2008, 02:30:18 PM
K, sorry to use the term "bipolar". I just have no clue why it's easy for me to slip back and forth between being depressed and being not-depressed, and I try to see logic in my slips.

Oh, but LadyKaren, my girlfriend (current) basically tells me I'm not bipolar, but defines it as mood swings that switch back and forth by minutes, based on co-workers of hers that are diagnosed as bipolar.

So, can someone clarify for me just how long mood shifts are to be considered bipolar? Because now I'm just confused.

And Jun, I never denied I have self-esteem issues. I just don't like that everyone seems to write me off the instant I talk about it.

Mood swings vary. They're commonly regarded as quick, spontaneous swings without warning-- but uh, this isn't always the case. They can last for months at a time of boundless depression and lethargy.

Anywho, as for people writing you off the instant you talk about it, that's just BS. If you take a look at your thread on avoiding people, people tried to accept you and spent the time to help you with your problem, and despite you deciding to go in the end, you ended up slapping the hands of everyone that tried to reach out to you. When people forgave you for that, you just always manage to pull another stunt to make yourself look pitiful. That's as blunt as I can really put it without going into excruciating detail. :U

But uh, you feeling as if you slip back and forth between depression and being content, that's because you have emotion. Depending on the circumstances, different emotions arise to react to your environment. :U

So if the circumstances grant you feeling depressed, then being okay with things later, that's just how things are and your emotions are reacting to it. Whether or not you deal with it or try to control it is entirely up to you.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Amon_Devilman

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on April 29, 2008, 03:06:47 PM
Quote from: Amon_Devilman on April 29, 2008, 02:30:18 PM

Mood swings vary. They're commonly regarded as quick, spontaneous swings without warning-- but uh, this isn't always the case. They can last for months at a time of boundless depression and lethargy.

Anywho, as for people writing you off the instant you talk about it, that's just BS. If you take a look at your thread on avoiding people, people tried to accept you and spent the time to help you with your problem, and despite you deciding to go in the end, you ended up slapping the hands of everyone that tried to reach out to you. When people forgave you for that, you just always manage to pull another stunt to make yourself look pitiful. That's as blunt as I can really put it without going into excruciating detail. :U

But uh, you feeling as if you slip back and forth between depression and being content, that's because you have emotion. Depending on the circumstances, different emotions arise to react to your environment. :U

So if the circumstances grant you feeling depressed, then being okay with things later, that's just how things are and your emotions are reacting to it. Whether or not you deal with it or try to control it is entirely up to you.

The thing about that earlier thread is when I already said I was going, and I still saw posts calling me a punk for deciding not to go, it just annoyed me that no one seemed to notice I already made the better choice. The rest of the neurotic behavior just stemmed from someone in said clique from said post joining in discussion, because the last thing I need is the problem which I can just ignore and thus enjoy the con becoming a problem barreling straight at me.

As for the comments about worse con (that's what you're talking about, I assume), I was just being honest about my worse con experience. That's all.

Thanks for the time though.

LadyKaren

www.bipolar.com

Amazing what you find on the internets. They actually have a website explaining these things. Who would have thought you could actually learn things on the internet?

OniCourseMusha

whoa whoa whoa!
Aren't you really happy right now?  I just read your topic about you got engaged?  Well I just like say good job.
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

JohnnyAR

Quote from: Amon_Devilman on April 28, 2008, 09:48:10 PM
I mean, like you really were alone in the world?

I always feel like that...

Amon_Devilman

Quote from: OniCourseMusha on April 29, 2008, 07:39:24 PM
whoa whoa whoa!
Aren't you really happy right now?  I just read your topic about you got engaged?  Well I just like say good job.

Yeah, I started this topic yesterday during a really depressed point. Today, I posted the other one.

So yeah, it's very random timing with both.

Yuu

Quote from: JohnnyAR on April 29, 2008, 07:49:48 PM

Me too. Then I call one of my friends, we go hang out and it's all good. XP

JohnnyAR

Quote from: Yuu on April 29, 2008, 08:04:27 PM
Quote from: JohnnyAR on April 29, 2008, 07:49:48 PM

Me too. Then I call one of my friends, we go hang out and it's all good. XP

Well my friends are almost never available

PyronIkari

Okay, this is where I go in to it.

You're getting engaged... and a day prior you're whining like a little brat in this forum about "feeling alone"? Add that together with the majority of your other posts. Frankly, you can't even take care of yourself, you have a horrible mind set, and you think getting engaged is a good idea? Why do kids today think jumping into relationships, taking on serious commitments and the such are some how good ideas.

Congratulations, I think you've made an idiotic decision, but hey, whatever... it's your life.

JTchinoy

WTF amon's getting engaged? there is no god.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Sunara Ishi

Nope. I'm never felt alone. XP
Other things maybe but not alone.

Quote from: LadyKaren on April 29, 2008, 03:59:23 AM
Quote from: Amon_Devilman on April 29, 2008, 12:00:01 AM
Odds are, given my bipolar issues, I'll swing right back around tomorrow.

DO NOT EVEN GO THERE.

Just because you think that your life sucks one day and think that saying that they day before was a stupid idea DOES NOT CONSTITUTE being bipolar.

Bipolar, even on rapid cycles, goes on from month to month. A one day MOODSWING does not even go into ANYTHING like it. The depression of bipolar will mean your mind will not let your body move FOR FREAKEN DAYS. The mania will keep you moving and twitching for days without the capability of sleep.

A passing thought of aloneless or "Oh I'm so unhappy I could just sit here and slit my wrists" and then the next day be fine about it IS NOT BIPOLAR.

Get off your dramatic ass and stop blaming something THAT ISN'T CAUSING YOUR PROBLEMS. I hate you people that give Bipolar a bad name.

You think your bipolar? Go to therapy for 6 months and be on constant medication for 2 years and then we'll talk.
~applauds~

But its easy not to understand what exactly constitutes being bipolar. Most don't know how extensively the mood swings are. I will honestly say that I have suspected myself as well... cause occasionally I would get depressed for no reason what so ever or have fits of paranoia late at night just because I happened to see a spider crawl on the wall. Its sometimes hard to know what may be one thing from another somewhat similar thing.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Amon_Devilman

Quote from: PyronIkari on April 29, 2008, 08:21:25 PM

You're getting engaged... and a day prior you're whining like a little brat in this forum about "feeling alone"? Add that together with the majority of your other posts. Frankly, you can't even take care of yourself, you have a horrible mind set, and you think getting engaged is a good idea? Why do kids today think jumping into relationships, taking on serious commitments and the such are some how good ideas.

Congratulations, I think you've made an idiotic decision, but hey, whatever... it's your life.

Well, as I've stated, my posts don't give you a full understanding of my character or mindset. And I thought we actually made some kind of connection when I decided to just talk about things instead of turning it into a flame war (As I stated before, you really can't resist flaming people, can you?).
Besides, I'm far more than capable at taking care of more than other people, because I'm never failed to step up when I committed to something.
And for God's sake, I'm no kid. Stop basing your ideas on me from a few posts when I feel like complaining. Grow up.

PyronIkari

Quote from: Amon_Devilman on April 29, 2008, 09:45:43 PM
Quote from: PyronIkari on April 29, 2008, 08:21:25 PM

Well, as I've stated, my posts don't give you a full understanding of my character or mindset. And I thought we actually made some kind of connection when I decided to just talk about things instead of turning it into a flame war (As I stated before, you really can't resist flaming people, can you?).
Besides, I'm far more than capable at taking care of more than other people, because I'm never failed to step up when I committed to something.
And for God's sake, I'm no kid. Stop basing your ideas on me from a few posts when I feel like complaining. Grow up.

QuoteListen. You don't like me, I'm not too fond of you, but if you can, please leave my engagement out of your flames. Thank you.
You don't get it... do you? This isn't flaming you stupid twit. Yes, you're right, your posts are not a full understanding of your character... BUT THEY ARE A PART OF YOUR CHARACTER. A very apparent part. You show much of part of your personality, and that part alone is a big factor in all this. Hell, frankly, if you have a successful relationship, a successful life, all the more power to you, but based on what you've displayed, you're a damned fool. A damned fool jumping into something stupidly and your replies back to me just push the idea. Instead of acknowledging anything you just get bitchy and defensive with your whole "YOU DON'T KNOW ME, I AM NOT MY POSTS!", crap.

As I said, you don't think for one second "maybe he has a point... maybe I am immature, maybe I am jumping into things too quickly... stupidly... and I don't even have a decent grasp on myself". How can you be in a relationship with someone, how can you care for someone else, and be a life partner, when you don't know where you, yourself, stands? A relationship is comprised of two people that alone are fully capable and stable, but enjoy each other and love each other. To love others, to fully understand and be capable, you have to be able to know where you yourself stand. Something you clearly do not have.

But this is just flaming according to you. Nothing I say has merit, nothing I say has any weight, because YOU DISAGREE only because you are the subject matter. Look at it this way. Take someone you know, who acts unstably, lashes out all the time, and has no real basis of anything. Now what if that person said "I'm getting married!" You'd instantly think "wow you are stupid". I mean, I know you do it already. Celebrities, gossip, past friends, friends of friends, family members... You're that person now. If you want to get married, then fine, that's you, but logically speaking, you're acting like an idiot.

PS: Ring + letter... HORRIBLE WAY TO PROPOSE.

Amon_Devilman

Pryon. You're an elitist bastard who likes to talk down to everyone. You like to talk about me as if I'm an immature child, while you're just a pathetic bully who likes to come down on people for not adhering to your high-and-mighty standards.

And as I stated, you ever insult my girl again, and God have mercy on you because I won't.