2008 Karaoke Contest Signups are now Open

Started by Hank-KKD, May 04, 2008, 10:52:30 PM

Lar-Ki

Crap, I'm sorry about that.. I was in such a rush.. I just re-signed.. hopefully I still have a spot..

Enkai

I signed up as soon as I saw it was open!  I'm quite excited; I only made Sunday and Monday last year (had to go to my brother's high school graduation), so I missed the karaoke contest.

Good luck everyone!

yumicchi88

Quote from: Enkai on May 05, 2008, 12:10:41 AM
I signed up as soon as I saw it was open!  I'm quite excited; I only made Sunday and Monday last year (had to go to my brother's high school graduation), so I missed the karaoke contest.

Good luck everyone!

wow, your brother's high school end school before june??!! wow, thats fast!

GOOD LUCK TO YOU TOO!! AND ALL OF US CONTESTANTS!!!
This year I will Volunteer!

Excited about Karaoke Contest!!

Lar-Ki

My songs are:

SoraIro Days(TV) - Prelimes
Kiss me Goodbye - Finals

XD''

Akira Miyamoto

Quote from: GaleWolf on May 04, 2008, 11:50:16 PM
Akira,

you need to sign up again. Your entry was deleted because you didn't put your real name. (EDIT, okay I see you signed up again w/ your real name, great).

Same thing with Lar-ki.

Err, so I'm in, right?
"Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, stick dynamite down his throat and he'll go with a full belly."

mlarad

When is the updated list with the people who sign up on time is going to be available?

Inuashley

Quote from: mlarad on May 05, 2008, 01:04:52 AM
When is the updated list with the people who sign up on time is going to be available?

I believe the rules said a week before the con, but don't take my word on that ^^;
Next conventions: Fanime 2011, Anime Next (?), Anime Expo, AM2

Hank-KKD

Akira and Lar-ki, I received valid entries from both of you.

As of this writing, there is one pre-reg spot remaining. I took out one more person from Livermore who didn't fill in their email. If you are this person, you better re-sign up quickly! This is the fastest response we've had in Fanime Karaoke Contest history, thank you everyone for your support!

Since we have such a quick response this year, I will post the list names of qualified entries by next weekend. I will also email everyone  with some additional contest info, so please pay attention to your emails.

The contest order will be posted one week before the con.

yumicchi88

wow! already filled up? that was fast!
i think because we knew around what time we should be in front of the computer, clicking refresh buttlon.
good thing i was able to get home on time! ;D

my song for preliminary is Brand New Breeze from La Corda d'oro ~primo posso~

i will change it at con.

God91125

Woooooooooooo *claps* how long did it take last year for the sign up spots to be taken up? In anycase wow 24 people in less than 24 hours haha.

yumicchi88

if i remember correctly, i think it took some days. 2 or 3

Hank-KKD

Pre-convention signups are now closed. If you are still interested in being in the contest, we will take 5 people at the convention. Please come to the Karaoke room between 4PM and 6:30PM on Friday, the day of the convention, to sign up.

lacus

wow..it only takes 9 hours and 30mins for the pre-reg this year :o

Akira Miyamoto

Heh, now that I'm in, I'm actually kind of nervous.
"Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, stick dynamite down his throat and he'll go with a full belly."

zoupzuop2

Quote from: GaleWolf on May 05, 2008, 09:21:10 AM

Pre-convention signups are now closed. If you are still interested in being in the contest, we will take 5 people at the convention. Please come to the Karaoke room between 4PM and 6:30PM on Friday, the day of the convention, to sign up.
S***! Teaches me for doing my homework... XP

I'll totally do what I can at that point. I dunno what I'd do if I couldn't compete; it's a tradition!!
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

kuroi

ahaha, I'm glad I stayed around last night (Thank god the computer lab is open 24/7 for finals this week <3), otherwise...*low whistle*

now to actually decide if the songs I signed up with are the ones I want to sing....

For the order, (since I was half asleep, and it was around 2AM) I don't remember if I put down early as possible or late as possible for my time (nickname is Chira Wilder), but I'm running a panel from 9-10, so if I can get into early as possible (if I didn't put it down; I really don't remember ;_;), or late as possible works if you think the late people will actually be from about 10-11PM. Sorry for the trouble!

2009 cosplays:
ahaha, so undecided
Chibitalia, Yanki!Souji, TYL!Irie Shouichi, Jack Bezarius, and Cool Lady!Tear Grants are most likely though

yumicchi88

i just figured out (or rememberd) that i put the different song for preliminary than what i decided.
err, i should remember this change for 2 1/2 weeks so i can change it at con!

blkriku

Hi, I just realized that in the signups I put do be done as early as possible and I didn't mean to put that. Can I get that changed? It's under blkriku

lacus

Quote from: Lar-Ki on May 05, 2008, 12:27:03 AM
My songs are:

Kiss me Goodbye - Finals

XD''

I like sora iro days! the pv is very nice too. watching shoko's live at last Kohaku was kinda disappointing though o.o
Kiss me goodbye is a very beautiful song too~ I also like angela aki's sakura iro ^^

Lar-Ki

Quote from: lacus on May 05, 2008, 07:44:56 PM
Quote from: Lar-Ki on May 05, 2008, 12:27:03 AM
My songs are:

Kiss me Goodbye - Finals

XD''

I like sora iro days! the pv is very nice too. watching shoko's live at last Kohaku was kinda disappointing though o.o
Kiss me goodbye is a very beautiful song too~ I also like angela aki's sakura iro ^^

Hopefully I'll do it beautifully! It's only like.. a minute long but... @_@ That minute can seem like 5...

I love Angela~ She's one of my all time favorite artists n__n