2008 Karaoke Contest Signups are now Open

Started by Hank-KKD, May 04, 2008, 10:52:30 PM

slimchance

Just a quick question:  Is Enka music allow in the karaoke contest? 

xXunyuuXx

>.> Ah...the joy of singing <.<
I just sign up too but don't know what is going to happen after >o<

KamijoIsLove

Quote from: GaleWolf on May 05, 2008, 01:52:52 AM
As of this writing, there is one pre-reg spot remaining. I took out one more person from Livermore who didn't fill in their email.

Oh damn. Was that me? I think my friend signed both herself and I up 'cause I didn't have access to a computer, and maybe she didn't put in my email for my entry. @_@

What was the prelim song of that person, GaleWolf?

>_> Either way, looks like we'll be rushing over to the karaoke room ASAP...eheh....

Nazaki

Quote from: Lar-Ki on May 05, 2008, 11:00:05 PM
Hopefully I'll do it beautifully! It's only like.. a minute long but... @_@ That minute can seem like 5...

I love Angela~ She's one of my all time favorite artists n__n
Lar-Ki.... DUUUUDE Audrey is that you?! o__O FINALLY you're competing~

....oh damn. That means I'm definitely gonna fail xD

Yeahhh there'll be a rush to get to the karaoke table. If traffic gets in our way.....! D<

Edit: I hope I didn't just make a fool of myself ; D
Mango cake. It's like strawberry cake. But with mangoes instead of strawberries.

Look for me at Fanime! I'll be the chick wearing a red velvet dress, dead on the floor from heat stroke.

AriSky

Is there going to be a list of who's made it around here somewhere in the near future?
Fanime con-goer since 2005.
Resident Shizuru (YYH) and Kaitou (HxH).
Fanime 2011's blue Dalek.

yumicchi88

err, im still not sure what to sing for preliminary.
i gotta get a friend or two to decide for me...
This year I will Volunteer!

Excited about Karaoke Contest!!

Enkai

I had to change my prelim song when the rules were posted because I realized that the song I was practicing wouldn't cut off cleanly at all after the first chorus (it goes immediately into the next verse, no break at all).  It's a cool song, too, but I was too in love with my final one to change that.  Oh well, I do like the song I'm actually doing for prelim, and I can always sing the other one at open mic sometime.

Nazaki

Is open mic going on pretty much all weekend?
Mango cake. It's like strawberry cake. But with mangoes instead of strawberries.

Look for me at Fanime! I'll be the chick wearing a red velvet dress, dead on the floor from heat stroke.

Hank-KKD

Summary of Responses:

@KamijoIsLove:
I don't keep any of the ineligible entries, as they are deleted as soon as it's determined that they are not complete. So no idea what the song was for that one.

@Nazaki:
Open Mic will be going on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, except of course during the contests.

@Slimchance:
If it's from an anime or video game, it's okay. Otherwise, Enka is technically not "j-pop/j-rock". I'm sure though that Enka would be a great entry in the Gong Show :D

Time change requests:
Please hold these until I put out the contest order. I'll take time change requests then.

As a general note, we're holding the entire contest during the 7PM to 11PM block, so by 10PM we should be winding up the prelims and getting going on the Finals.

Kimiko

Hi Hank,

Will you, any chance in the near future, be changing the contest so it's split up between soloists and groups?  I know Fanime has grown a lot over the years and with how quickly this year's karaoke filled up, I'm hoping it will happen next year. Just a suggestion! I missed the sign-ups due to being sick, but I'll be there for at-con signups. Talk to you then ^^

Kimiko
2009 Costumes
Pita Ten ~ Shia
Rozen Maiden ~ Hina Ichigo
Gijinka Pokemon ~ Plusle
Salt5 ~ Abe Natsumi

blkriku

Another quick question. I found the official karaoke version of the song I am performing. It has some back round vocals, as do many karaoke versions I've heard do. Is that ok?

Loco:Neko

Quote from: lacus on May 05, 2008, 09:42:29 AM
wow..it only takes 9 hours and 30mins for the pre-reg this year :o

dang!  karaoke is really getting popular.  good luck to everyone!  ^-^

Hank-KKD

Quote from: blkriku on May 07, 2008, 06:24:02 PM
Another quick question. I found the official karaoke version of the song I am performing. It has some back round vocals, as do many karaoke versions I've heard do. Is that ok?

Yes, background vocals in a karaoke version are okay.

Quote from: kimikoWill you, any chance in the near future, be changing the contest so it's split up between soloists and groups? 

Every entry received this year was for soloists, so we would need more groups. It seems to be tougher in general to get a large number of group entries, but we'll re-examine during the planning for next year!

Lar-Ki

Quote from: Nazaki on May 06, 2008, 09:35:27 PM
Hopefully I'll do it beautifully! It's only like.. a minute long but... @_@ That minute can seem like 5...

Yeahhh there'll be a rush to get to the karaoke table. If traffic gets in our way.....! D<

Wait, whattt... who is this? XD''

Lar-Ki

So... can I change my finals songs, if I make it?

I want to do "Le Salle de Bain" by Shiina Ringo instead..

I don't think I'm horrible at Kiss my Goodbye, but, singing it in front of people would kill me.. I think I just want to do a song I am better familiar with.

But this song is in English, that's fine right?

zoupzuop2

Hm. What time do Karaoke at-con sign ups start again? I even have my CD prepped and ready...

1st Round: Fighting by Cody (Eurobeat-- Jpop)
2nd/Final: Speedway by Niko (Eurobeat-- Jpop)
Hell Freezes Over and I win: Final Destination by Cody (Eurobeat-- Jpop)
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

lacus

Quote from: zoupzuop2 on May 08, 2008, 01:11:41 PM
Hm. What time do Karaoke at-con sign ups start again? I even have my CD prepped and ready...

1st Round: Fighting by Cody (Eurobeat-- Jpop)
2nd/Final: Speedway by Niko (Eurobeat-- Jpop)
Hell Freezes Over and I win: Final Destination by Cody (Eurobeat-- Jpop)

I thought you are going to sing ranma1/2 songs lol
I love ranma too! its my first anime ever!=)

KamijoIsLove

Quote from: Lar-Ki on May 08, 2008, 01:00:58 PM

Lol, that's Nami, Lar-Ki. She started spazzing at me when she figured out who you were. xD

Oakley ftw?

Why is the song about a bathroom... o_O

Lar-Ki

Quote from: KamijoIsLove on May 08, 2008, 05:01:52 PM
Quote from: Lar-Ki on May 08, 2008, 01:00:58 PM

Lol, that's Nami, Lar-Ki. She started spazzing at me when she figured out who you were. xD

Oakley ftw?

Why is the song about a bathroom... o_O

OUH. OUH MY GAWD NAMMMEEEHHH! I haven't seen her since.. 8th grade! XDD'' Woww..

I don't know....... o__o Shiina ringo is... very weird. She's the Japanese Bjork.. XD lol.

yumicchi88

grr.. still cant choose...
I like angela Aki so i want to do her songs,
but cant choose!!
"This Love" or "Kiss me good-bye".

This Love sounds better for me but the main part (that i sound good) is short, Kiss me good bye has longer main part.

...ahhh~
This year I will Volunteer!

Excited about Karaoke Contest!!