2008 Karaoke Contest Signups are now Open

Started by Hank-KKD, May 04, 2008, 10:52:30 PM

Kimiko

Wow, every entry was for soloists? Insane! Yeah my entry is for a group, so we'll definitely be there for at-con signups. I hope it will work out where you can do both soloists and groups separately next year, that would be awesome!

Quote from: GaleWolf on May 08, 2008, 08:28:47 AM

Every entry received this year was for soloists, so we would need more groups. It seems to be tougher in general to get a large number of group entries, but we'll re-examine during the planning for next year!
2009 Costumes
Pita Ten ~ Shia
Rozen Maiden ~ Hina Ichigo
Gijinka Pokemon ~ Plusle
Salt5 ~ Abe Natsumi

ilusrion

Aah!! As long as it doesn't interfere with anything An Cafe related, I will totally try and be on the waiting list, at least!

Finally, a karaoke contest where you don't have to be eighteen or older. Gah, that rule makes me so mad~

KamijoIsLove

O_o You have to be 18 or older in karaoke contests?

Maybe it's 'cause the majority of them take place at bars?

...but then that would be a 21 age limit. .............right.

Nazaki

Quote from: Lar-Ki on May 08, 2008, 05:29:40 PM
Quote from: KamijoIsLove on May 08, 2008, 05:01:52 PM
Quote from: Lar-Ki on May 08, 2008, 01:00:58 PM
Quote from: Nazaki on May 06, 2008, 09:35:27 PM
Quote from: Lar-Ki on May 05, 2008, 11:00:05 PM
Hopefully I'll do it beautifully! It's only like.. a minute long but... @_@ That minute can seem like 5...

I love Angela~ She's one of my all time favorite artists n__n
Lar-Ki.... DUUUUDE Audrey is that you?! o__O FINALLY you're competing~

....oh damn. That means I'm definitely gonna fail xD

Yeahhh there'll be a rush to get to the karaoke table. If traffic gets in our way.....! D<

Edit: I hope I didn't just make a fool of myself ; D

Wait, whattt... who is this? XD''

Lol, that's Nami, Lar-Ki. She started spazzing at me when she figured out who you were. xD

Oakley ftw?

Why is the song about a bathroom... o_O

OUH. OUH MY GAWD NAMMMEEEHHH! I haven't seen her since.. 8th grade! XDD'' Woww..

I don't know....... o__o Shiina ringo is... very weird. She's the Japanese Bjork.. XD lol.
Kai: Oakley is, in fact, ftl. (Sorry to all who live there)

Has it seriously been since eighth grade? Wohhhhhh ages and agesssssss

Yayyy Shiina Ringo! =D !!

....18+ karaoke? o.O Weeeeeeird.....
Mango cake. It's like strawberry cake. But with mangoes instead of strawberries.

Look for me at Fanime! I'll be the chick wearing a red velvet dress, dead on the floor from heat stroke.

KamijoIsLove

Yeah, that's why I had a '?' after my statement. xP

Loco:Neko

Quote from: ilusrion on May 08, 2008, 08:44:06 PM
Aah!! As long as it doesn't interfere with anything An Cafe related, I will totally try and be on the waiting list, at least!

Finally, a karaoke contest where you don't have to be eighteen or older. Gah, that rule makes me so mad~

there are some restaurants that do karaoke nights.  you just gotta find them and they're hard.  but once you do, sooooooooooooo worth it!   :D

Hank-KKD

There is no hard age limit for our contests, other than that you have to be able to get on the stage and do the performance yourself. We've had contestant ages from about 13 to late 40s.

Also, the Gong Show, due to its late night time and that it could have some interesting humor, is highly recommended for 16 and over.

Lar-Ki

How do we know we got onto the list? I'm still not sure I did but.. never said I didn't. XD We'll we be e-mailed?

mlarad

Yes I want to know too. Last week was said that this past weekend we were going to get the confirmations and I haven't get anything yet.

yumicchi88

well, we are all humans.
we cant be perfect.
let's be patient and wait for the list to be up ^^
This year I will Volunteer!

Excited about Karaoke Contest!!

heeroyuy135

I have a question to the folks running the Contest.
My friend missed the deadline, and he might not make it to the 4pm At-Con signups. Instead, he wants me to register on his behalf. He even told me that he would e-mail me a list of songs.
Could this happen, or does he have to be there himself?

Hank-KKD

Quote from: HeeroYuy135 on May 17, 2008, 04:59:07 PM
I have a question to the folks running the Contest.
My friend missed the deadline, and he might not make it to the 4pm At-Con signups. Instead, he wants me to register on his behalf. He even told me that he would e-mail me a list of songs.
Could this happen, or does he have to be there himself?

The whole point of the at-con signups is that you have to be there. So yes, he has to be there himself.

If he can't make it right at 4, he should still come whenever he can. At 6:30, we can drop anyone who has not yet checked in, so it's very possible we'll actually take more than five people at con.