ImmortalGeisha Kimono Fashion Show!

Started by ImmortalGeisha, May 06, 2008, 08:12:20 PM

ImmortalGeisha

Hi again everyone!

I'm very excited to announce that we'll be holding the first official ImmortalGeisha.com Kimono Fashion show at Fanime this year! The theme of the show is "Real People - Real Kimono".  We believe people of all shapes, sizes, and appearances can look equally wonderful in kimono as those lithe magazine models.  In fact, I think we can look better!

We'll be showcasing:

- Women's kimono by formality
- Men's kimono by formality
- Geisha & Maiko
- Edo, Meiji and Taisho styles
- Kimono Hime styles
- Our own personal fashion and styles.

In addition to just showing the outfits, we'll also be explaining them and the subtle or not so subtle differences between them.

Modeling Opportunity!
Because I know there were quite a few people last year with a genuine interest in kimono at Fanime  - I've left open a few modling slots specifically for Fanime attendees.

If you are interested in being a part of the first ImmortalGeisha.com fashion show - please read the below information and send me an email at [email protected]!

Event Information:
Event: ImmortalGeisha.com Kimono Fashion Show
Date:  25th May, 2008
Total Time: 10am - 4pm (includes dressing, show and undressing / pack-up)
Actual Show Time 2pm - 3pm

The fashion show will be styled and ran by myself, along with the ImmortalGeisha.com moderators, Bebemochi, Mojuko & Bai Mianxi.

Models
If you are comfortable with the idea of wearing kimono and being on stage we need you to email us at [email protected] with the following information:

1. Your full name.
2. Your height and bust/hip/thigh measurements.
3. A head photograph.
4. If you are familiar with wearing kimono or not
5. If you have any sort of kimono underwear or not.
6. If you have tabi
7. Best email address and phone number to contact you at.
8. Your ImmortalGeisha.com screen name and/or LiveJournal name (if any).

The reason why we are asking for measurements is because we'll be using both vintage and modern pieces - there is actually a vast difference in size with vintage kimono compared to modern day counterparts. We also need head shots so we can work out what type of outfit will suit you best, along with rough hair and make-up ideas in advance.  Our aim is not only to make an awesome ensemble - but to make YOU look amazing wearing it.

You don't need to know how to dress in kimono as we will be dressing you.  We just expect people to look and feel comfortable wearing them.

You will not need to provide your own kimono - we'll be planing and supplying all the outfits.  However, if you do have kimono undergarments and tabi, please do let us know as we would like you to use them.  If you don't - let us know so we can make sure we have something for you.

A few very important things you should consider before emailing us:

1. We will need everyone to sign model releases, even if you are just assisting.  The reason being is because we are going to film/photograph both behind the scenes and the fashion show itself - and put both video and film on the website and consider photographs for any ImmortalGeisha publications.  However, if you have some serious skills in the areas we are requesting and really want to assist, but don't want to be filmed, shoot us an email as well - but very clearly stating you do not wish to be filmed.  We may make take you on if we think we can film around you, but just please keep in mind people prepared to sign releases may be given higher consideration.

2. The age limit is 16 and above.  If you are a minor who wishes to participate, you will need to have your parents or guardian sign the model release form.  Especially seeing we will be capturing both behind the scenes footage along with actual show footage and will be uploaded to the ImmortalGeisha website.

3. You will be expected to show up as early as 3-4 hours BEFORE the fashion show in order to allow ample time for make-up/hair/dressing.

5. This is all volunteer basis - your payment will be oodles of fun!

If you'd like the opportunity to be dressed in kimono and model - please email me at [email protected].  There's only a limited number of modeling slots open, so you'll want to jump in while you can!

Kind Regards,
Naomi~

Moonblossom

Can you guarantee these "oodles" of fun in writing?

;)

In case anyone's got any reservations about this, Naomi's got an absolutely awesome sense of personal style as well as a ridiculously huge dearth of kimono knowledge, as do Mojuko and Bai Mianxi. Naomi was kind enough to help me dress (and by help I mean I stood there uselessly while she redressed my sloppy-butt self) for the kimono panel arranged by LizChan last year, and she was engaging and entertaining and very professional about it!

I'm babbling here, but if you were waffling and trying to decide if you're confident and comfortable enough to apply, I urge you to do so :D

Rei-Rei

I'm actually interested in this. ^^
I might be able to help, I'll email you guys in a bit once I reorganize my schedule.

Kava

Just for clarification purposes - The actual fashion show is scheduled from 2pm-3pm.

Naomi- I'm assuming you put until 4pm for the purposes of needing time afterwards to remove people from their attire, since you're advertising for assistants here?

-Kava (Rena)
Rena
Panels Coordinator 2007-2014
Programming Director, 2015

Panels Twitter: http://twitter.com/FanimePanels

ImmortalGeisha

Quote from: Kava on May 06, 2008, 09:07:38 PM
Just for clarification purposes - The actual fashion show is scheduled from 2pm-3pm.

Naomi- I'm assuming you put until 4pm for the purposes of needing time afterwards to remove people from their attire, since you're advertising for assistants here?

-Kava (Rena)

Rena - That's correct.  I've gone and clarified my post in that regards!

slimchance

Are you still looking for model?  I just saw this post like today....

ImmortalGeisha

Quote from: slimchance on May 06, 2008, 09:38:09 PM
Are you still looking for model?  I just saw this post like today....

Yes!  I just posted - so you haven't missed out yet.  Just read through the above information and shoot me an email with your information! :)

Kazuko

ImmortalGeisha

Quote from: Kazuko on May 06, 2008, 09:54:05 PM
Oh I would love to be a part of this!

Wonderful!  Just read through the information above and send me an email at [email protected]!

orastella

I can report that I had oodles of fun backstage.
May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be ever at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face and the rain fall softly on your fields. Until we meet again, May God hold you in the hollow of his hand.

Staff: Arcade in 2003.  VP 2005-2007